Blue Bombers Forum
November 23, 2017, 01:51:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to Nichols?  (Read 2141 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2017, 08:31:29 PM »

I mean like when he's getting hit or after being sacked some players will take cheap shots that the refs can't see in the pile-ups. 

...Obviously, Matt Nichols should preemptively poke players in the eye with one of his good digits under the pile then. Tongue
TecnoGenius

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2017, 05:52:25 AM »

Targeting his hand on purpose... I'm not even sure that's possible and definitely doesn't sound like a good way to finish your tackles

Sure you can: go for the strip every time instead of the tackle/knock down.  Just repeat what HAM was doing.  When pressure gets to Nichols make sure you go for the throwing hand.

Hoggies need to step up.  Blocking RB/WR's need to step up.

Anyone notice how CGY has a system of shouts the OL/blockers use to notify BLM that they're losing contain?  Why don't we do something like this?  A blocker who misses could notify Nichols a tackle from behind is coming, etc.  CGY seems to have this down to an art, that's why BLM never gets sacked.  We need to copy it.  (If you don't believe, me, listen on BLM snaps played @CGY, you can hear their post-snap warnings quite easily.)
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2017, 01:18:00 PM »

Sure you can: go for the strip every time instead of the tackle/knock down.  Just repeat what HAM was doing.  When pressure gets to Nichols make sure you go for the throwing hand.

Hoggies need to step up.  Blocking RB/WR's need to step up.

Anyone notice how CGY has a system of shouts the OL/blockers use to notify BLM that they're losing contain?  Why don't we do something like this?  A blocker who misses could notify Nichols a tackle from behind is coming, etc.  CGY seems to have this down to an art, that's why BLM never gets sacked.  We need to copy it.  (If you don't believe, me, listen on BLM snaps played @CGY, you can hear their post-snap warnings quite easily.)

. Good pick up TG....it's true that he's able to avoid sacks like the plague.  You'd think other teams would pick up on it as well because any teams starting QB is worth maximum protection.

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
Chris1982

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2017, 11:21:43 AM »

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/10/10/nichols-looks-good-to-go-for-blue-bombers

Winnipeg born and raised, Oak Park alum.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: