Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 01:46:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coaching change  (Read 2182 times)
Blue72

« on: October 07, 2017, 04:55:09 AM »

People say that changing a coach mid season doesn't work but June Jones is proving people wrong. He has changed the look and play of his team plus he even brought in another coach to be on offensive assist and QB coach just recently. So with that in mind why couldn't we do the same and bring in Thorpe as an assistant DC and really help this D. The only problem is Thorpe might say to change people that MOS feels are good players EG (Hurl, Knox).
TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 05:03:40 AM »

Nope.  Crazy.  Ain't broke, don't fix it.  One horrid game just gets them fired up.

Big difference between changing up a tirefire team (HAM before J.Junes) and changing up a playoff-bound GC contender BB.
DM83

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 01:20:52 PM »

A coaching change at anytime is normal process.

Of course it's not like firing the entire staff, or changing a gazillion things.  Hamilton did it perfectly.  Ere are a lot of good coache around.

It's a change in the sense that you have some new ideas come aboard.the new guy works with the staff, as a co coach, and if qualified or if the staff like the new guy the. A change in stucture or operation could occur.

Jones in Hamilton came in.  He likes the run and shoot.  Masoli is perfect for that.  Colarus was struggling with a poorly conceived offence for the players it had.  Plus numerous starters were injured.

They run a smile offence.  Defence has got starters back, and they are winning games they lost by a point or two.

So yes a change if done right with the right people is  a slam dunk.
As noted this coincided with injured players returning, and then putting them in the best places to succeed.
Blue and Golden Delicious

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 01:37:56 PM »

...Thorpe might say to change people that MOS feels are good players EG (Hurl, Knox).

Change to who? I don't think we have a lot of options.

And I will reach my field of battle by any means at my disposal
And when I get there, I will arrive violently
I will rip the heart from my enemy, and leave it bleeding on the ground
Because he cannot stop me
Who am I? I AM A CHAMPION!
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 02:09:27 PM »

Change to who? I don't think we have a lot of options.

Yeah, no kidding.

Classic knee jerk reaction thread, though. The Bombers lose one game badly and suddenly it's time to replace a coach again. Roll Eyes

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
Horseman

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 03:20:17 PM »

Nope.  Crazy.  Ain't broke, don't fix it.  One horrid game just gets them fired up.

Big difference between changing up a tirefire team (HAM before J.Junes) and changing up a playoff-bound GC contender BB.

The problem is our defence is broken...and it hasn't been only 1 game, it has been the entire season except for the Edm game. I am still not in favour of bringing in Thorpe now, but immediately after the season, Hall has to be gone and Thorpe hired.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 03:54:01 PM »

seems to me it's more of an execution problem, changing coaches rarely fixes that... I'd start with trying to teach some of these guys how to actually tackle someone, or not run past the play... that would improve things vastly...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
dd

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 03:56:07 PM »

I'm not so sure its as much Hall as it is Hurl. We've needed a quality, run stopper, strike the fear of God in the offense MLB and we haven't had one in years. Every offense starts with the Qb, every defense starts with the MLB, and we're lacking there, no if, ands, buts or maybes.
Horseman

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 10:59:40 PM »

I'm not so sure its as much Hall as it is Hurl. We've needed a quality, run stopper, strike the fear of God in the offense MLB and we haven't had one in years. Every offense starts with the Qb, every defense starts with the MLB, and we're lacking there, no if, ands, buts or maybes.

You can't blame one player as there are 12 players on the field. Hall has been here for 3 years and his defensive schemes have been poor for that entire time can't stop the run or pass, even last year, his only saving grace was the take aways the D was able to generate. This year we are not having the same success with the take aways. It is time for Hall to go as he also has a say in who he wishes to keep on D at the various positions. Thorpe is available and the Bombers better act once the season is over or risk losing Thorpe to another team as he will not be out of work for very long. We will not be winning the Grey cup this year as our D is not championship calibre, our O and special teams are capable of winning us the cup but not our D. We need change this up and hiring Thorpe would be the first step in transforming our D into championship calibre.
elder

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 11:14:44 PM »

You can't blame one player as there are 12 players on the field. Hall has been here for 3 years and his defensive schemes have been poor for that entire time can't stop the run or pass, even last year, his only saving grace was the take aways the D was able to generate. This year we are not having the same success with the take aways. It is time for Hall to go as he also has a say in who he wishes to keep on D at the various positions. Thorpe is available and the Bombers better act once the season is over or risk losing Thorpe to another team as he will not be out of work for very long. We will not be winning the Grey cup this year as our D is not championship calibre, our O and special teams are capable of winning us the cup but not our D. We need change this up and hiring Thorpe would be the first step in transforming our D into championship calibre.

Agreed.
The Zipp

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 11:20:07 PM »

Unless we miss the playoffs or never win another game there is little chance MOS fires Hall. If we win a playoff game there is zero chance of firing Hall.  MOS won't do it unless there is some tension present between the two of them that nobody is talking about
swansong

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 11:40:59 PM »

Yeah, no kidding.

Classic knee jerk reaction thread, though. The Bombers lose one game badly and suddenly it's time to replace a coach again. Roll Eyes

It would be more fair to say last week was one good game for a D has been struggling all year.
The lion's share of our wins this year have been achieved by an offence covering for a weak D.

To say concerns are based on one bad game is myopic.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 11:42:31 PM »

Yeah, no kidding.

yup chicken littles love to yield the axe after a messy one

deep breaths people

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
elder

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 11:45:08 PM »

Unless we miss the playoffs or never win another game there is little chance MOS fires Hall. If we win a playoff game there is zero chance of firing Hall.  MOS won't do it unless there is some tension present between the two of them that nobody is talking about

Unless the defence improves significantly, missing the playoffs and/or not winning another game are certainly plausible scenarios.
The Zipp

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 12:48:02 AM »

Unless the defence improves significantly, missing the playoffs and/or not winning another game are certainly plausible scenarios.

The same defense (minus westerman) got us to 10-4.

They need to improve from last night's performance for sure but it isn't like they haven't played well enough to win games.  They are not dominate but they can be capable, good enough to win a grey cup??  Maybe / maybe not. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: