Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 03:42:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - A Little Humility Edition  (Read 2774 times)
gbill2004

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2017, 06:04:46 PM »

On the Darvin pass to Harris you could tell Harris was hurting as he had no speed in his legs after he caught the ball....he just kinda lumbered a bit and the defender caught him easily. I thought for sure Harris had enough separation to make a move to lose the defender and just walk in...but he didn't.
The ball was under thrown. I don't think Harris was injured, I just think he's 30 years old and doesn't have the breakaway speed he once had.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2017, 06:08:19 PM »

The ball was under thrown. I don't think Harris was injured, I just think he's 30 years old and doesn't have the breakaway speed he once had.

Even though it was slightly underthrown he still had real good separation from the defender....so if what yer saying is true then I hope he has enough in the tank to get us a playoff run, and then we should trade him and try to get some value out of him

Honestly though I think he is hurting otherwise he would have had more touches earlier in the game...like someone else said they thought he might just have been a decoy out there last night.
dd

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2017, 07:40:10 PM »

That was an offside pass by Thomas--he used his hands to move the ball towards the Hamilton end zone--and that's illegal, so no sense whining about an illegal play that was a momentum killer , the play didn't exist. If Thomas had been smart enough he would have kicked/dribbled the ball downfield an since Leggett was behind him, he could have legally recovered it.

Also, on the turnover, Nichols was not hit in the hit or there was no helmet to helmet hit. Quit trying to blame the loss on the refs, who made the right call in both cases, the reason we lost is we turned the ball over too many times!!
Blue and Golden Delicious

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2017, 07:53:53 PM »

That was an offside pass by Thomas--he used his hands to move the ball towards the Hamilton end zone--and that's illegal, so no sense whining about an illegal play that was a momentum killer , the play didn't exist. If Thomas had been smart enough he would have kicked/dribbled the ball downfield an since Leggett was behind him, he could have legally recovered it.

Also, on the turnover, Nichols was not hit in the hit or there was no helmet to helmet hit. Quit trying to blame the loss on the refs, who made the right call in both cases, the reason we lost is we turned the ball over too many times!!

I'm not sure who this is directed at? The returned convert certainly had the potential to swing momentum for the WBB.  The fact that it was an illegal push forward by Thomas has no bearing on whether or not it would have been a momentum changer. Also, if directed at me, I most certainly wasn't blaming the officials.

And I will reach my field of battle by any means at my disposal
And when I get there, I will arrive violently
I will rip the heart from my enemy, and leave it bleeding on the ground
Because he cannot stop me
Who am I? I AM A CHAMPION!
Cheesebuster

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2017, 08:29:00 PM »

I think that was just because he had to slow down to catch the ball. In the time it took him to start speeding up again the defender who was already at full speed had caught him.
DeeBoy

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2017, 09:24:53 PM »

I?m not sure the criticism of Davis is warranted. 9/14 with 2 drops. And ran for 21 yards. He can only run the offence that is called for him. He looked poised enough for me and this experience was invaluable.

Not Worthy Of A Response
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2017, 09:30:24 PM »

I?m not sure the criticism of Davis is warranted. 9/14 with 2 drops. And ran for 21 yards. He can only run the offence that is called for him. He looked poised enough for me and this experience was invaluable.

Agreed. Absolutely unwarranted criticism.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
Pigskin

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2017, 12:15:43 AM »

DD will keep us in games, but the D will have to be much better.
Pigskin

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2017, 12:27:43 AM »

The DB was at full speed and Harris was just about at a dead stop. Also Harris is more of a power back then a speed back.
dd

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2017, 02:46:52 AM »

If the ball was thrown properly, it was an easy TD. He had to stop and wait for the feeble throw to get to him while the Db was Barreling down on him at full speed . I credit harris for concentrating and not taking his eye off th ball and onto the oncoming db
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2017, 03:47:35 AM »

Got it what yer all sayin....
TecnoGenius

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2017, 10:04:05 AM »

#6 on the Ticats hit Nichols in the chest with his helmet, there was no helmet to helmet. It sucks to turn the ball over, but it was the right call.

There was 100% a hit to Nichols' head on the fumble!  It wasn't the head-to-head you're focusing on, it was before that by Kanneh.  His left hand hits Nichols' helmet first, then his right hand causes the strip.  The slap to the helmet is as clear as day and 100% would have been RTP if MOS had challenged.  Everyone was so focused on the fumble (even Nichols) that no one noticed it...  Except me and TrueBlue75 who reported it in an earlier comment.

As for the refs, there was one directly behind the original camera shot whose job is to watch for this and he was just turning his head from upfield to view the QB when the hit happened and he missed it.  Thanks a lot, idiot ref.

MOS didn't challenge it because I guarantee you no one was aware of it.  And TSN instantly went to commercial giving BB only 30s to find a subtle smack well before all the main action.  Thanks TSN.  MOS needs to hire some better tablet-spotters.  Dickerson seems to have mastered the tablet-spotter-roster as he gets these types of things spotted quickly and correctly.  He would have gotten that one.  If MOS knew about it before the 30s time limit, 100% he would have challenged to save the turnover.

That was a key turning point in the game, losing all the momentum, and ruining Nichols' nail.  Game might have been different if it had been (rightfully) RTP.
gbill2004

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2017, 11:58:57 AM »

Anyone else notice that the person who manages the replays at IGF on the jumbotron is absolutely terrible?  Does nothing to help out the Bombers. I often see O'Shea looking up at it waiting for the replay and it goes to commercial or taking forever to show the replay.
The Zipp

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2017, 01:09:14 PM »

There was 100% a hit to Nichols' head on the fumble!  It wasn't the head-to-head you're focusing on, it was before that by Kanneh.  His left hand hits Nichols' helmet first, then his right hand causes the strip.  The slap to the helmet is as clear as day and 100% would have been RTP if MOS had challenged.  Everyone was so focused on the fumble (even Nichols) that no one noticed it...  Except me and TrueBlue75 who reported it in an earlier comment.

As for the refs, there was one directly behind the original camera shot whose job is to watch for this and he was just turning his head from upfield to view the QB when the hit happened and he missed it.  Thanks a lot, idiot ref.

MOS didn't challenge it because I guarantee you no one was aware of it.  And TSN instantly went to commercial giving BB only 30s to find a subtle smack well before all the main action.  Thanks TSN.  MOS needs to hire some better tablet-spotters.  Dickerson seems to have mastered the tablet-spotter-roster as he gets these types of things spotted quickly and correctly.  He would have gotten that one.  If MOS knew about it before the 30s time limit, 100% he would have challenged to save the turnover.

That was a key turning point in the game, losing all the momentum, and ruining Nichols' nail.  Game might have been different if it had been (rightfully) RTP.

There was for sure a slap to the head.  I wonder if MOS thought it would get looked at during the change of possession review - he spent a long time talking to the official.  I can't imagine the bombers missed it - it was a long delay.
TrueBlue75

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2017, 02:00:43 PM »

Watch the replay of the fumble.... defender's left hand hits Nichol's head (you can see his head push to the side after contact), then right hand swipes the ball. It was boom-boom but there is no question as to the hand hit on his head. They've called RTP on players with their hand barely brushing the QB's helmet. In my opinion, O'Shea had a good case for the penalty.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: