Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 03:42:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly - A Little Humility Edition  (Read 2775 times)
Blue and Golden Delicious

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 01:21:12 PM »

Are you referring to the convert return by leggett? That wasn't a TD - it would only have been 2 points.  Would have been nice to get the points but I don't think it would have changed the game. 

I was, and you're right it was only 2pts, but it would have been a big momentum shift, which was the subject of that point.

And I will reach my field of battle by any means at my disposal
And when I get there, I will arrive violently
I will rip the heart from my enemy, and leave it bleeding on the ground
Because he cannot stop me
Who am I? I AM A CHAMPION!
TBURGESS

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 01:53:34 PM »

The Good:
  • Adams to Harris for 44 yards, leading to our only TD.
  • Santos-Knox mostly played really well.
  • Leggett played another great game.
  • Reffing was mostly good. Only head-scratcher was the forward progress stopped call.
  • Adams had another strong game.
The Bad:
  • Randle not respecting Banks on the first drive... set the tone for the whole game.
  • Hammy winning the game from start to finish. Heck they had enough points to win by half time.
  • Back to a slow start. This time, we never even sped up.
  • Lost TOP big time: (Ham 38:19, Wpg 21:41)
  • Giving up 484 yards of offence.
  • Finding out that Davis isn't ready for prime time.
  • Not establishing Harris. He's what makes our offence go. Is he actually hurt?
The Ugly:
  • Losing Nichols - He better not be out for a long time
  • The defence in general.

Being right never gets old.
Pigskin

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 01:59:02 PM »

Until this team fines a stud MLB, this team isn't going anywhere. Terrible game game for D. Some good pressure up front but gave Masoli to much time, and our run D was terrible.
Blue and Golden Delicious

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 02:09:05 PM »

Until this team fines a stud MLB, this team isn't going anywhere.

Except 10-4, 2nd place in the West, the playoffs, etc.  Roll Eyes

And I will reach my field of battle by any means at my disposal
And when I get there, I will arrive violently
I will rip the heart from my enemy, and leave it bleeding on the ground
Because he cannot stop me
Who am I? I AM A CHAMPION!
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 02:10:33 PM »

This. The team is a single victory away from making the playoffs.

Yes, the Bombers were lousy last night. It was one game, though.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 02:20:35 PM »

The Good

Maybe we're trying for the Eastern Crossover?

The Bad

If we're not, what in the blue hell was that?

The Ugly

Pretty much everything else.

Sorry, not a very insightful post, but can't generate much constructive thought after that pile.
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 02:29:12 PM »

The Good

Maybe we're trying for the Eastern Crossover?

The Bad

If we're not, what in the blue hell was that?

The Ugly

Pretty much everything else.

Sorry, not a very insightful post, but can't generate much constructive thought after that pile.

I know what you mean. All I can think of is the ugly from last night.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
elder

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2017, 02:31:42 PM »

I wish I could believe that this position will be maintained; however, with this defence I have serious doubts.
dd

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 02:41:10 PM »

Ugly game.   As Admiral Akbar once proclaimed; "It's a trap! (game)"

I rarely leave early, but as I told my neighbors when they joked about getting out their keys to jangle at me:  "I paid money for this buffet, and the only thing left out there is fried turd."

Good stuff:

The players who showed up, but who always show up and play hard: Mo, Knox Santos, O line, Harris, et al.

The fleaflicker, Adams to Harris, of course.

Bad stuff:

Gonna skip the merely bad stuff.

Ugly stuff:

Perplexing offensive play calls - no real use of Harris until the club was already behind.  If you can't install a run game, because of the fierce Ticat rush, then roll Harris into the flat and build a short pass game.

The D coaches need to study this game, and figure out what to do about a team with a running game and a quick back.  Might happen again this year, y'know.

Sending eight on Mazzoli at any time.  You don't do that.  He's a "hard bodied dog", as they say at the kennel club.  He doesn't flinch, and reads and reacts to heat really well.  Sending eight means he can make you pay by moving a little and picking the big swath of field he likes best.

The prospect of playing without Nichols.  Davis ain't ready yet.  LeFevour can play exactly 2.5 games before he has a season ending injury.  That's his past history.

The prospect of losing Flanders.  Guy keeps growing into a bigger role every week.

The criminal stuff:

Bradbury and staff should have been urine tested at half time and taken into custody for their own good.  They missed a lot out there (understatement), and created some calls out of ozone.   Whatever Al and the boys were on last night, I want a baggie of that for my next birthday.

The new challenge rules - Bradbury should have been challenged early and often.  Giving coaches one flag, with no refund when you show up the zebras, is quantuum foolishness.  It meant MOS had to watch Nichols take a head shot on a turnover, and decide to keep the flag in his pocket to save "for later".  Serious turning point of the game.  All because that crew was obviously gonna make an even more game changing blown call later.

Frankly, Ambrosie got this rule change absolutely wrong.  What The Commish didn't like was having a national fan base watch coaches figuratively pull down the pants of the officiating crew over and over again with successful challenges, and adding a half hour to games.  I disagree.  A commitment to getting calls right sure beats a nation of fans using their PVRs to roll back the play, mutter "bush league" to themselves, and turn off the CFL game. 

Once of those games that the team and fans need to shake off.  Hopefully we're not stuck with The Dominique Davis Experience (jazz fusion combo from the 60s) next week.

I still want that baggie from Al Bradbury's stash, though....

Totally agree with you on the challenge rule change. What they should do is give back unrestricted challenges but they can only be on acts that affected the play. No more fishing expeditions on contacting a receiver the Qb didn't even look at as tradeoff is we have to live with crap calls like tonight and that ain't the answer. At the end of the day, you gotta get it right, and there are several situations where clearly that wasn't the case and that's just plain wrong
Horseman

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2017, 02:50:25 PM »

The Good:
  • Adams to Harris for 44 yards, leading to our only TD.
  • Santos-Knox mostly played really well.
  • Leggett played another great game.
[li]Reffing was mostly good. Only head-scratcher was the forward progress stopped call.[/li]
  • Adams had another strong game.
The Bad:
  • Randle not respecting Banks on the first drive... set the tone for the whole game.
  • Hammy winning the game from start to finish. Heck they had enough points to win by half time.
  • Back to a slow start. This time, we never even sped up.
  • Lost TOP big time: (Ham 38:19, Wpg 21:41)
  • Giving up 484 yards of offence.
  • Finding out that Davis isn't ready for prime time.
  • Not establishing Harris. He's what makes our offence go. Is he actually hurt?
The Ugly:
  • Losing Nichols - He better not be out for a long time
  • The defence in general.

Agree, the only blown call was the quick whistle, the other calls were the correct calls. Bradbury wouldn't have any "baggies" as he is a Winnipeg Police Service officer. Grin
TrueBlue75

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2017, 03:03:37 PM »

I thought the ball placement a few times was atrocious and the quick whistle on Lankford was pure crap. I haven't seen them blow the whistle that quickly on forward progress all season. In fact it has seemed like they have been giving more time for offences to push for yardage. Unbelievable. I really wish O'Shea had challenged for roughing the passer on the first Nichol's fumble. Clear hand to the head and hit to the chin should have kept the ball for the Bombers. All that and the defence made it a garbage night for the fans. Gross. I'm sure hoping we get some help this weekend to keep the hounds at bay....it's been nice dreaming of a home playoff game. Undecided
Ducky

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2017, 03:34:53 PM »

I was very surprised Oshea did not challenge roughing the passer on the first fumble by Nichols.  I Tracy (I think) clearly lead with his head.  That would have negated the turnover, right?  Pretty big momentum changer.

All in all the Bombers were very soundly beaten.  Full credit to Hamilton.  Masoli looked like a star Qb.  Banks was fantastic.  Their D dominated our vaunted O.

Moving forward - does Nichols miss a couple weeks?  That could be trouble.  How injured is Harris?  Flanders?  And the D continues to allow teams to move at will.  Seemed like good pressure by the front 4 but Masoli escaped really well.  Whether it is schemes or talent (lack of) our Dbs cant seem to cover anyone.  Hurl is not good enough.

dd

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2017, 03:51:33 PM »

#6 on the Ticats hit Nichols in the chest with his helmet, there was no helmet to helmet. It sucks to turn the ball over, but it was the right call.
Ducky

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2017, 04:13:28 PM »

#6 on the Ticats hit Nichols in the chest with his helmet, there was no helmet to helmet. It sucks to turn the ball over, but it was the right call.

Fair enough.  I thought leading with the crown of the head is a penalty?
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2017, 05:46:52 PM »

On the Darvin pass to Harris you could tell Harris was hurting as he had no speed in his legs after he caught the ball....he just kinda lumbered a bit and the defender caught him easily. I thought for sure Harris had enough separation to make a move to lose the defender and just walk in...but he didn't.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: