Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 03:41:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should the Ti Cats trade Collaros?
Yes trade him before the Oct 11 deadline - 12 (33.3%)
Yes trade him but only if you get a great deal - 8 (22.2%)
Yes trade him but not until next season - 1 (2.8%)
Don't trade him this year - 7 (19.4%)
Don't trade him and keep him until his contract is up - 4 (11.1%)
Don't know - 4 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade Collaros? What do you think?  (Read 1697 times)
Darwinismyhomeboy

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2017, 03:23:17 PM »

Criticize for anything...that's a bit of a stretch ain't it....lol. The only "ice" Matt had going Friday night was on his hand. And it's just an opinion, this place is full of them..

That is an odd position to take.  He looks relaxed and not freaking out when we are down in the 4th quarter of games.  Has confidence that we'll pull it out.  That is "ice"
DeeBoy

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2017, 03:40:51 PM »

No to Collaros.
IMO Davis did a respectable job coming off the bench. He ran the offence that was called for him in a competent manner. It?s certainly not his fault 2 easily catchable balls were dropped that killed drives..

Not Worthy Of A Response
kkc60

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2017, 03:57:25 PM »

Criticize for anything...that's a bit of a stretch ain't it....lol. The only "ice" Matt had going Friday night was on his hand. And it's just an opinion, this place is full of them..
I wish it was a stretch. Okay so your overall point is Nichols nickname is invalid because he got injured?
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2017, 04:02:35 PM »

I wish it was a stretch. Okay so your overall point is Nichols nickname is invalid because he got injured?

JMO that it ain't a good nickname....plus it's all ready being used so it's not very original either
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2017, 04:40:51 PM »

JMO that it ain't a good nickname....plus it's all ready being used so it's not very original either

This from NorthernSkunk......interesting.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2017, 04:45:03 PM »

This from NorthernSkunk......interesting.

I live in northern Manitoba...and "Skunk" rhymes with my first name. And it was given to me by friends over 30 years ago. Way more original than some I would say.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2017, 04:51:22 PM »

I live in northern Manitoba...and "Skunk" rhymes with my first name. And it was given to me by friends over 30 years ago. Way more original than some I would say.

My point exactly. You have a reason for your nickname and I am certain Matt Nichols does as well.  Now back to the Trade Collaros discussion.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
dd

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2017, 05:08:03 PM »

No to Collaros.
IMO Davis did a respectable job coming off the bench. He ran the offence that was called for him in a competent manner. It?s certainly not his fault 2 easily catchable balls were dropped that killed drives..
I agree. Davis certainly performed adequate to say the least. He scrambled to buy time, as as a rookie, he can't easily spot open recievers/read defenses, and this is understandable and will improve with time. There is no need to trade for Collaros or anyone else for that matter for a backup for us, as in addition to Davis, we have DL, so we're good there.

What we need is consistency from our receiving corps, so they don't drop easy catches and kill drives. Adams dropped 2 easy passes, and Coates dropped one that were drive killers that had little to do with Davis
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2017, 05:22:03 PM »

I agree we don't need collaros....Dom the bomb can get er done.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2017, 07:07:19 PM »

I agree. Davis certainly performed adequate to say the least. He scrambled to buy time, as as a rookie, he can't easily spot open recievers/read defenses, and this is understandable and will improve with time. There is no need to trade for Collaros or anyone else for that matter for a backup for us, as in addition to Davis, we have DL, so we're good there.

What we need is consistency from our receiving corps, so they don't drop easy catches and kill drives. Adams dropped 2 easy passes, and Coates dropped one that were drive killers that had little to do with Davis

Wolitarsky.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2017, 03:22:44 AM »

I hate the idea of having two high-priced #1 QB's, like BC and (lesser extent) EDM, or even MTL.  I'd rather spend the SMS elsewhere (we need it!) and pin our hopes on the #1 being uninjured when we need him.  It's working quite well this year, except for 1 half of 1 game.  (I doubt Nichols is out of the next game.)

BB is all about Nichols.  We lose Nichols, we lose nearly every game.  If he really is going to be out, I pray it's just until the playoffs.

Even if Collaros comes here tomorrow, we'll still lose without Nichols.  Heck, there's a chance Collaros does worse than Dom would!

Speaking of Dom, he's a competent #2.  He did better than 75% of the no-game-reps #2's that have stepped in in the CFL in the last 3 years.  If he's our man for the rest of 2017 (heaven forbid), he'll improve quite nicely, but not fast enough to win us anything useful.  (And hooksliding on those 2 plays was painful... try for the first down, impress us in your first important game reps, you're the #2, and therefore expendable.)
dd

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2017, 03:44:35 AM »

Forget about Collaros and his high priced contract. Dom did better than a half of football than Collaros did all
Season. We re fine without him
The Zipp

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2017, 01:12:57 PM »

not going anywhere this season anyways...

https://www.cfl.ca/2017/10/11/ticats-say-collaros-staying-put-deadline-day/
bowlerdude

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2017, 02:59:25 PM »

Speaking of Dom, he's a competent #2.  He did better than 75% of the no-game-reps #2's that have stepped in in the CFL in the last 3 years.

I really don't think he did, he looked totally lost if he had to do anything other than throw it at his first read
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2017, 04:05:00 PM »

Someone somewhere on Facebook suggested that the Bombers should try to bring in Collaros as a backup to Nichols because Nichols is getting "old". If that person actually did their research they would realize that Nichols is only 30 years old and Collaros is 29. Now Both have had past injury issues but with Collaros's recent struggles in Hamilton one would think Nichols has shown he is mentally tougher than Collaros.
It seems to me like Collaros is like Willy, a few injuries took mentally took them away from playing at their full potential, and if you continue to struggle to reach that full potential someone else will steal your job. Don't believe me see: Matt Nichols and Jeremiah Masoli....further how did Bo Levi Mitchell become a starter?

Random stat: Out of Starting QB's that have started 18 or more games in their CFL careers only, Ray(.514), Reilly(.554), Lulay(.609), Mitchell(.846), Nichols(.600) and Jennings(.529) have above .500 winning records.

I personally think that the Bombers should be looking at the Alouettes roster to see who's available to possibly help make the team stronger for the final 4 games and a strong playoff push. Guys like Bowman and Cox are consistent veteran leaders. Thing is Cox and Leggett play the same role and judging solely on stats Cox is producing on the tackle end like he always does but may have lost his "big play" abilities that he's been so well at doing in the past. So Cox probably wouldnt help unless he went back to a DB role. Bowman is still Bowman, he could be a potential upgrade on Okpalaugo but I'm thinking Okpalaugo could still find his 2014/2015 form.
More Alouettes to consider Jackson, Underwood and Lewis. Jackson hasnt been fully utilized in Montreal being a 31 yr old WR could be properly utilized in WPG even if its just for the remainder of this season. Underwood is also a 30 year old WR like Jackson not being fully utilized and also a BIG play WR. Lewis, if you need a 8 yard gain theres a high probability that he can get you that 8 yards. Thing is for us if we are looking at 8 yards we are probably going to Harris or Flanders on a dump pass. Chances are if Lewis goes anywhere its probably back to Calgary.
Adams is our #1 BIG PLAY guy, it would be nice to add a sure fire #2 BIG PLAY WR for the rest of the season. IMO I'd want Ernest Jackson. Championship contenders generally have at least 2 on their roster and we have guys like Denmark and maybe Dressler but don't use them the way we could use a Jackson.

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: