Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 12:34:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should the Ti Cats trade Collaros?
Yes trade him before the Oct 11 deadline - 12 (33.3%)
Yes trade him but only if you get a great deal - 8 (22.2%)
Yes trade him but not until next season - 1 (2.8%)
Don't trade him this year - 7 (19.4%)
Don't trade him and keep him until his contract is up - 4 (11.1%)
Don't know - 4 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade Collaros? What do you think?  (Read 1706 times)
gbill2004

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 08:00:52 PM »

Just saying, Walters traded Willy, with an albatross contract, and got a 1st overall and a Int All Star...
Willys contract wasn't as bad; he made much less not starting. Apparently Collaros is making $500k whether he starts or not.
theaardvark

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 09:18:04 PM »

Something tells me Collaros gets into the game tonight... Masoli had a horrible time last time he was here, the noise may just kill him. 

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 09:57:36 PM »

Isn't Collaros an elite QB.....elites get the most money right ?
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2017, 10:34:22 PM »

Should they trade him? Absolutely. He hasn't won a game in a year or more.

Could they trade him? Doubtful. No one is going to take on that huge contract for a broken down QB.

Agree.
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 03:04:41 AM »

Something tells me Collaros gets into the game tonight... Masoli had a horrible time last time he was here, the noise may just kill him. 

As usual you are totally wrong! Cheesy
thunderNlightning

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 03:13:39 AM »

If we traded for Collaros as insurance, do we only eat a portion of his cap? I really do not feel comfortable with Davis as our backup when were close to being able to challenge for a cup offensively.
DM83

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 04:00:51 AM »

Davis sucks.  A joke.
Blue72

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2017, 04:11:33 AM »

Davis should be our 3rd string and move Lefevour up, Davis is bigger for short 3 and 1 or 2 and Lefevour could do both and has more experience as a QB.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 04:12:32 AM »

Davis sucks.  A joke.

What utter nonsense.  This was his first game reps of the year...and off the bench to boot.  He did what most would expect him to do coming in cold.  There is no basis or back up for a remark like that.  Some comments, like this are, dare I say a Joke, and insulting to the player!

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
kkc60

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2017, 04:21:33 AM »

Davis sucks.  A joke.

Yet another rash,uninformed and degrading comment about a player by...DM83!
Ridermania

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2017, 10:49:50 AM »

If Nichols is out long term, which I really hope he is back quickly, maybe the Bombers look at Collaros.

If BC wins or stumbles again today, they may even take a run at him for the play-off stretch.

If Collaros is even traded, Hamilton would need to eat some of his contract.

gbill2004

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2017, 12:33:46 PM »

What utter nonsense.  This was his first game reps of the year...and off the bench to boot.  He did what most would expect him to do coming in cold.  There is no basis or back up for a remark like that.  Some comments, like this are, dare I say a Joke, and insulting to the player!
Uh, that's the job of a backup.  If the backup needs to get a ton of reps in order to be effective...well they aren't going to be a very good backup.  The reality is backups don't get many reps and when the come into the game, they are expected to perform.  If they don't, then they won't be employed very long. 
DM83

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2017, 01:36:00 PM »

If. The Bombers want to be a player in the playoffs they need a QB.  Dom Davis should go play in the Collective touch football league.  Bombers and Walters need to trade for Collaros.  Figure out the details and just do it. He has ten years left,based on past performance.  Or is he damaged goods.

Bombers are nothing without Nicholls. And maybe even with him they are still woeful in controlling a game.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2017, 01:51:48 PM »

Uh, that's the job of a backup.  If the backup needs to get a ton of reps in order to be effective...well they aren't going to be a very good backup.  The reality is backups don't get many reps and when the come into the game, they are expected to perform.  If they don't, then they won't be employed very long. 

This loss was on the team not one player.  The Bombers didn't get it done with either Nichols or Davis or anyone last night.  The comment "Davis sucks. A joke" was, and is, nonsense.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2017, 02:04:09 PM »

With how poorly the team was playing last night, you'd have to be delusional to expect Davis to step in and suddenly turn things around. C'mon, man.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: