Blue Bombers Forum
December 13, 2017, 02:09:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should the Ti Cats trade Collaros?
Yes trade him before the Oct 11 deadline - 12 (33.3%)
Yes trade him but only if you get a great deal - 8 (22.2%)
Yes trade him but not until next season - 1 (2.8%)
Don't trade him this year - 7 (19.4%)
Don't trade him and keep him until his contract is up - 4 (11.1%)
Don't know - 4 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade Collaros? What do you think?  (Read 3159 times)
Tiger

« on: October 06, 2017, 03:48:44 AM »

I think Collaros is a good QB with a bad oline which makes him look worse because of mobility. I can't believe people are talking about trading him or a second string QB. 

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
Tehedra

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 05:00:13 AM »

If Masoli is going to be their quarterback going forward; they need some other tools on the team and he should be able to command some significant value.  I do not believe he would stay with the team as a back-up quarterback so might as well get something for him while you can instead of waiting until you can't.

It is also worth freeing up the cap space which will help with roster planning for the next season.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 05:51:21 AM »

Collaros can be good if given the right tools.  He could flourish under LaPolice's system if we could afford to carry his salary.
BomberPride

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 11:34:38 AM »

Collaros best year was 2015 - 70% completion, 3376 yds, 25-8 TD to Int ratio in 12 games. The year he blew his ACL, I believe. He's been on a slow decline since, and hasn't been able to stay healthy for a full season.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?
bowlerdude

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 11:58:57 AM »

Given injury issues, losing his job to Masoli, their season being more or less done so the depth doesn't matter as much... yeah, they definitely should trade Collaros. They won't find a trade partner for him though, especially not on his current deal.
gbill2004

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 12:02:12 PM »

No one is going to trade for him at his current salary of around $500k.  He will most likely be released this offseason and then signed to a backup QB salary in the $200k range. 
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 12:55:38 PM »

No one is going to trade for him at his current salary of around $500k.  He will most likely be released this offseason and then signed to a backup QB salary in the $200k range. 

I agree. I can't realistically see anyone knocking on that door right now. His contract is ridiculous.

He needs a change of scenery. Maybe he can fight for a starting role elsewhere.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
1chad

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 12:57:29 PM »

His salary is an albatros.  I think he would benefit from a change of scenery - Toronto or Montreal need a young QB
TBURGESS

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 01:23:49 PM »

Should they trade him? Absolutely. He hasn't won a game in a year or more.

Could they trade him? Doubtful. No one is going to take on that huge contract for a broken down QB.

Being right never gets old.
lenny

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 02:05:51 PM »

Can't trade him without him and his agent agreeing to renegotiate the contract. But to do that Ti-Cats would have to:

(1) Allow the interested team to speak to him

(2) He agrees to their terms

(3) Ti-Cats agree to the trade as a result

Jesse

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 06:41:05 PM »

Sure, they should try. No one is going to want to give anything up for him.
KINGCHARLES

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 07:02:59 PM »

I love the idea of playing against Masoli, a guy we've picked 5 times in the 2 games we have played against him....I'm fully in favour of Hamilton trading away the once best QB the CFL has seen since Doug Flutie who is what 0-10 in his last 10 starts. Collaros injury issues may mean the Ti-Cats may not get a lot for him

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
BlueInCgy

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 07:06:40 PM »

He's all but said he's not going to play for the Tiger Cats next year (as per an article on cfl.ca).  But yeah, clearly his salary is stopping anyone from biting now, when they can just wait for him to get cut in the off season.

If Edmonton and BC win this weekend and the Riders lose (and don't show up offensively, like they haven't in the past few games), be interesting to see if Jones might go full desperation.  I doubt it, but realistically it's the only spot now that Harris is off the IR.  Montreal will be happy to replace Durant with him in the off season if they don't get Franklin.
theaardvark

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 07:47:39 PM »

Just saying, Walters traded Willy, with an albatross contract, and got a 1st overall and a Int All Star...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 07:53:37 PM »

Just saying, Walters traded Willy, with an albatross contract, and got a 1st overall and a Int All Star...

The trade deadline is in five days and I can't see a GM pulling a Barker.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: