Blue Bombers Forum
September 24, 2018, 03:35:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Hamilton at Winnipeg - October 6, 2017  (Read 30203 times)
elder

« Reply #240 on: October 07, 2017, 03:04:34 AM »

You can take the game vs Ottawa and the weather conditions and a rookie QB starting his first game into effect for the defense looking good that night. Last weekend, second half, Reilly threw over 300 yards after his poor first half. there are many issues still on this defense.

I totally agree with this perspective.  Leaving aside our porous pass defence, which needs massive improvement, I still think we need a better MLB than Hurl and more consistency from the DL.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #241 on: October 07, 2017, 03:06:46 AM »

You can take the game vs Ottawa and the weather conditions and a rookie QB starting his first game into effect for the defense looking good that night. Last weekend, second half, Reilly threw over 300 yards after his poor first half. there are many issues still on this defense.

yet Edmonton only scored 19 points... I'd say that 9 out of 10 times that if we hold the opponent to less than 20 pts we win... just breathe, everyone, lol...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
elder

« Reply #242 on: October 07, 2017, 03:10:21 AM »

yet Edmonton only scored 19 points... I'd say that 9 out of 10 times that if we hold the opponent to less than 20 pts we win... just breathe, everyone, lol...

Okay, but our defence was manhandled tonight by what I still consider a mediocre team.  I hope they will improve, but I'm still apprehensive.
elder

« Reply #243 on: October 07, 2017, 03:13:20 AM »

Our OL didn't cover themselves with glory either.  Didn't the Ticats have five QB sacks?
dd

« Reply #244 on: October 07, 2017, 03:15:34 AM »

I totally agree with this perspective.  Leaving aside our porous pass defence, which needs massive improvement, I still think we need a better MLB than Hurl and more consistency from the DL.
The guys brutal, always has been always will be. This defense is going nowhere fast with this guy in the middle, nowhere fast
barbk

« Reply #245 on: October 07, 2017, 03:18:15 AM »

It's actually comical watching hurl in the middle during the game.....  when is o'shea going to wake up and smell the coffee.... playoffs are around the corner....
66 Chevelle

« Reply #246 on: October 07, 2017, 03:18:29 AM »

we were manhandled on both sides of the ball all night... the team took the night off, and it bit them... Plus, when you are playing a team that has only won 3 or 4 games they have nothing to lose, they get up for the game... the better you get the harder everyone will play you... even guys that rarely look bad looked like they shouldn't have been on the field... Hamilton just wanted it more than we did tonight... like I said, this will show us what the boys are made of by how they bounce back, or don't...

fuzzy

« Reply #247 on: October 07, 2017, 03:22:04 AM »

It's actually comical watching hurl in the middle during the game.....  when is o'shea going to wake up and smell the coffee.... playoffs are around the corner....
This team is still a year or two away.

Please ignore all notices until further notice.
fuzzy

« Reply #248 on: October 07, 2017, 03:22:48 AM »

Our OL didn't cover themselves with glory either.  Didn't the Ticats have five QB sacks?
Bryant was brutal tonight.

Please ignore all notices until further notice.
elder

« Reply #249 on: October 07, 2017, 03:26:41 AM »

This team is still a year or two away.

But, if this is the case, then hopefully there will be some personnel changes.
Tehedra

« Reply #250 on: October 07, 2017, 03:30:01 AM »

Yeah I mean, our OLINE was getting beat like rented mules it seemed; it was constant pressure all night even with only 3 man and 4 man pressure.  I think today was just the team didn't come prepared for the game and got smoked; hopefully its a wake up call and more importantly hopefully Nichols will be okay for the stretch
Tehedra

« Reply #251 on: October 07, 2017, 03:33:56 AM »

By the way does this mean we are officially out for the hunt for 1st?  I mean we already needed Calgary to lose 2 of the next games while we win out.  Now we will need them to lose 3 of the next games while we win out and this seems highly unlikely.  Which to me means, instead of cheering against Calgary we should probably continue cheering for Calgary as we want them to beat any of our competition so we don't lose 2nd place.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #252 on: October 07, 2017, 03:39:54 AM »

this team seems to go as the team goes, more specifically as Nichols and Harris go... And Nichols didn't look comfortable from the start of the game and it was like Harris wasn't on the field, so... the rest of the team goes to crap... almost every game this year there was a lull somewhere in it for the Bombers, yet Nichols would be like, 'hey, we got this' and the team would do what they had to do and pull it out... heck, even Medlock gone from Money Medlock to Lint in my Pockets Medlock, lol... we don't mind giving up 40 as long as we score 42 but it was evident early on tonight that Nichols wasn't going to ring that bell tonight... that has been one of the things that I have really liked about Nichols this year, he gets the team up and can make them all play better than they probably are... wasn't going to happen tonight... we need the team to carry Nichols from time to time instead of always putting it on his shoulders, but I've said all year long that he is a leader... but, the cup is still within reach, as long as we don't hit the panic button...

66 Chevelle

« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2017, 03:46:07 AM »

By the way does this mean we are officially out for the hunt for 1st?  I mean we already needed Calgary to lose 2 of the next games while we win out.  Now we will need them to lose 3 of the next games while we win out and this seems highly unlikely.  Which to me means, instead of cheering against Calgary we should probably continue cheering for Calgary as we want them to beat any of our competition so we don't lose 2nd place.

probably, but I don't think it makes as much difference for the Bombers as it does other teams. The Bombers don't have to play at home to win, which is a good thing for them. IIRC before this year didn't we lose more home games than road games? like I've been saying, sometimes losing can be a good thing for your team, especially this late in the season yet early enough to get back on track...

thunderNlightning

« Reply #254 on: October 07, 2017, 03:47:53 AM »

Flanders injured in game as well..Wow we are really going to get thin at receiver now.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
  Print  

Jump to: