Blue Bombers Forum
December 11, 2017, 04:12:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Game Day Thread - Hamilton at Winnipeg - October 6, 2017  (Read 10765 times)
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 06:30:33 PM »

It's an improvement, but I thought he was pretty ordinary this season prior to his injury.

Could be similar to when the Eskimos got Sewell back the week they played here. A little rust to shake off.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
blue_or_die

Blue collar, gold heart, white trash

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 07:59:34 PM »

I don't want to underestimate Hamilton, but I'm expecting another game similar to our last vs Ottawa. Or Edmonton, only with the missed field goals made.

"Two wrongs don't a make a #ride" -don

"Pain is temporary; #ride lasts forever" -don also

"""You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott" -me
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 08:15:28 PM »

Yep. You have to be careful with Masoli though. He's super athletic and when he heats up he can go on big streaks where he looks fantastic. If we get him off his game early it's all over.
gobombersgo

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 08:26:40 PM »

Attention Aards!!!!

WPG Blue Bombers‏ @Wpg_BlueBombers  1 hour ago
We've revamped the tailgate area for fall!
New: @BeaverTails, bonfires, warming huts & all the hot chocolate!

gbill2004

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 08:30:21 PM »

Attention Aards!!!!

WPG Blue Bombers‏ @Wpg_BlueBombers  1 hour ago
We've revamped the tailgate area for fall!
New: @BeaverTails, bonfires, warming huts & all the hot chocolate!
My GF will be excited about the BeaverTails! 
gobombersgo

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 08:34:42 PM »

News and notes: more changes for Ticats vs. Bombers
Key injuries and roster changes: Veteran running back C.J. Gable was traded to Edmonton this week, ending his five-year tenure with the club. Alex Green, who had 140 yards in a win over B.C. two weeks ago,,takes over the starting role. Canadian defensive tackle Ted Laurent returns from injury while the diminutive Willie Quinn - he's 5-foot-5 - makes his first CFL start in place of the injured Demarr Aultman. Veteran defensive backs Demond Washington (injury) and Emanuel Davis (coach's decision) are out this week as Hamilton revamps their secondary.

Five funky Hamilton stats:

1. Last week's 14-point lead was the largest lead Hamilton has blown since Sept. 25, 2010 when Saskatchewan beat Hamilton 32-25 after being down 15-0.
2. Each of the five games under June Jones have been decided by eight points or less. It is their longest streak of 'one possession' games since 2004.
3. Jeremiah Masoli is 7-6 since the start of 2016. All other Hamilton quarterbacks are 3-15 as starters in that time. Masoli has now thrown 77 straight passes without an interception.
4. The Ticats have lost three straight to the Bombers and have been outscored 104-47. Winnipeg has a plus-12 turnover ratio in those games.
5. The Tiger-Cats have been outscored 130-54 in the fourth quarter and overtime this season.

TSN play-by-play: Chris Cuthbert and Glen Suitor

Referee: Al Bradbury

Weather: Clear, 15 degrees, winds out of the Southwest at 25 km/h.
http://3downnation.com/2017/10/05/news-notes-changes-ticats-vs-brombers/

TecnoGenius

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 10:48:54 PM »

3. Jeremiah Masoli is 7-6 since the start of 2016. All other Hamilton quarterbacks are 3-15 as starters in that time. Masoli has now thrown 77 straight passes without an interception.

Yup, that's why I said previously that Masoli strikes me as the next Nichols.  I think Masoli will be a fulltime #1 guy in the CFL one day.

TSN play-by-play: Chris Cuthbert and Glen Suitor

Referee: Al Bradbury

Good and good!  Bradbury sometimes has it in for ol' Blue, but he doesn't go too far.  He was the one who didn't blow our MTL miracle game.

As for HAM: watch out for that D.  The LB corps is pretty stout.  Kanneh is probably out of the rust now.  Harris runs might be tough.  Might have to do draws & other tricks and do little tosses to Harris behind coverage.  And please tell Matty-Ice to hookslide before Lawrence decapitates him.

On the O, Banks is priority #1.  He's shining as a REC.  Fantuz is the 2nd & long go-to.

This game won't be easy.  And I expect HAM to have a lot more wins later this year.
bowlerdude

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2017, 01:22:08 AM »

Yep. You have to be careful with Masoli though. He's super athletic and when he heats up he can go on big streaks where he looks fantastic. If we get him off his game early it's all over.

Masoli is turnover-prone, so our defense should have fun with him. That being said, there were a couple games early in the year where we got good pressure but had poor contain and gave up big plays when the QB started scrambling. We can't do that, or Masoli could get very dangerous.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2017, 01:27:48 AM »

Funny how quiet / low traffic the forum is when we're (near) top of the league.  Earlier in the year when there were perceived (or real) issues there was a lot more talk!  I guess happy fans have nothing to complain about.
Tehedra

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2017, 01:35:06 AM »

There is also less to talk about right now. No roster changes, no one sharing practice information, no doom and gloom discussions, and we aren't so high on ourselves that we have to be like the riders declaring us as canadians team best team in the world every two or three days.
dd

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 01:46:11 AM »

I don't want to underestimate Hamilton, but I'm expecting another game similar to our last vs Ottawa. Or Edmonton, only with the missed field goals made.
I don't think Harris or Nichols will allow anyone to take them lightly, those guys are always fired up. The D played lights out against Reilly and the Esks, they should demolish this group of pitiful sad sacks.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2017, 03:16:22 AM »

Last time Masoli played in Winnipeg - he was intercepted 3x, sacked 4x and fumbled the ball once.

Although no rain on the horizon for tomorrow. Grin
3rdand1.5

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2017, 09:48:10 AM »

Last home game did the Pinnicle lounge, it was good.

This game I'm thinking of trying Barley Brothers. Could anyone tell me; How long of a walk would it be? How it is post game? Or possibly an alternative suggestion that is easily "walk-able" after the game, thanks in advance!
gbill2004

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2017, 11:42:38 AM »

Last time Masoli played in Winnipeg - he was intercepted 3x, sacked 4x and fumbled the ball once.

Although no rain on the horizon for tomorrow. Grin
Wasn't that the game of the rain delay where the game ended at 1:00am? 
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2017, 12:13:37 PM »

GO BLUE GO

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: