Blue Bombers Forum
December 11, 2017, 04:13:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Our receivers  (Read 3615 times)
gbill2004

« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2017, 10:05:44 PM »

LOL you jerk for changing my post

That has got to be sacrilegious!

BOOOO gbill BOOOO this time you've gone to far!
lol  Cheesy Grin
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2017, 10:11:51 PM »

FWIW, Washington was practicing today in Lankford's place on the first team offense.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2017, 10:19:07 PM »

FWIW, Washington was practicing today in Lankford's place on the first team offense.
Yep that was reported in the practice update thread.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2017, 10:33:32 PM »

How'd he look?

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
66 Chevelle

« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2017, 07:20:55 AM »

Are you still trying to cling to the fact that you're not a friend/family member of Washington? Do you really think most people are going to believe you became a big fan of the CFL and the Bombers (complete with passionate Blue Bomber forum posts) simply because a player that played at the school you cheer for several years ago is on the team? You came on the scene when L'Damian was starting, mostly went away when he hit the PR, and now you're back when there's a chance he'll play again? This would work way better if you just admitted your relation. Every couple years there's someone who does this so it's nothing terribly new. What is odd is your refusal to admit it.

You do realize that if you became a fan simply because you casually followed Washington's career after his NCAA days and jumped all in on the CFL and Bombers because you just kinda liked him, that you would be the only fan I have ever heard of do that on this forum. And we have seen countless Americans with large fan bases back home join the team over the years.

yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it, mainly because it's the truth... I'm not really sure what I'd have to gain by claiming that I don't know him if I did? And while I don't feel like I need to explain myself, I will add that if Washington would have been signed just a couple of weeks ago, instead of May, I probably wouldn't have become such a fan. As it was, there was no other football going on at the time and it helped to fill a void. Now, with high school, college, and pro ball happening here I probably would have been more of a casual fan as plenty of football action now. I do like the fact that following the CFL expands my football season 4 or 5 months! But if it helps you sleep better at nights for whatever reason, then I'll say that I know him, but I don't, but I'll tell you that I do, but I don't see how this will effect what I do, or don't, say or post? So, whatever works for you, but if it's because you just want to be 'right', then you can be right because I don't care...

But as far as 'my return', I never really left, I'm here daily and have been all summer long, I just elected to quit posting for a while because of nonsense like this thread. I had planned to not post, but couldn't keep myself from doing so. And, I've watched every Bomber game this year, as well as many other CFL games, even though Washington was/is on the practice roster. I've probably watched more CFL games this year than the majority of the forum members here.

But I'm willing to support and go with whatever story you'd like so you let it go... there, you win... lol...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
66 Chevelle

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2017, 07:29:09 AM »

66, I think you are a great poster, you have some great ideas you add lots to the discussion and I hope you stick around, but it's clear based on your previous posts that you've got a hard on for Washington. 

thanks gbill2004... I take no offense to you hating on my boy, lol, hopefully you don't when I post about Nichols as well...  Grin

Healthy debate and the willingness to listen to others point of view expands and stimulates the mind. Needless to say my mind stays in a constant state of over stimulation, , lol...  I think we have something to learn from everybody...

TecnoGenius

« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2017, 07:31:41 AM »

I believe you, Chevelle.  For sure someone can become an uber-fan of a player and follow him through different leagues.  Heck, if Andrew Harris went to the NFL tomorrow, I'd watch whatever games he was in, even though I don't watch much NFL until the playoffs.

And, football is a whole different beast for Americans as they all follow college a heck of a lot more than Canadians do.  I can see how some might get attached to certain standout players.

Looks like we may see LDW in this weekend and that will be a great chance for him to shine.  I'm really hoping he delivers, as an extra weapon would be great going into the playoffs.  Good for him, good for us, good for Chevelle.  How can you go wrong?
66 Chevelle

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2017, 07:46:21 AM »

I believe you, Chevelle.  For sure someone can become an uber-fan of a player and follow him through different leagues.  Heck, if Andrew Harris went to the NFL tomorrow, I'd watch whatever games he was in, even though I don't watch much NFL until the playoffs.

And, football is a whole different beast for Americans as they all follow college a heck of a lot more than Canadians do.  I can see how some might get attached to certain standout players.

Looks like we may see LDW in this weekend and that will be a great chance for him to shine.  I'm really hoping he delivers, as an extra weapon would be great going into the playoffs.  Good for him, good for us, good for Chevelle.  How can you go wrong?

Thx TecnoGenius! I've been a huge football fan all of my life, played ball in high school and have continued to go and support our local high school team every Friday night they play, whether at home or on the road. And don't even get me started about my MU Tigers, when though the are pretty bad right now, and I mean bad, but I still watch every game and go to a few each year, same with the Chiefs even though it's been almost 50 years since they've been to the 'big one'. But they've started out undefeated this year so maybe this is their year! lol...

But I share your sentiment, hopefully it's good for all of us! I think that LDW can be content with a limited role, while at MU they were loaded with talented WRs and they all had to share time. But he has the skills to help the team, but as I've said before, LaPolice's offensive game scheme doesn't lend itself to having a lot of balls thrown his way, but is working for the Bombers and they're winning games and that's whats important. I just hope that he proves to be valuable enough to stay on the active roster and see some playing time, even if it's in a back up role.

pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2017, 11:31:27 AM »

all the extra practice reps may have helped Washington develop his confidence and route running.  If he can catch a couple balls, I'm happy.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
GCn17

« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2017, 11:48:52 AM »

all the extra practice reps may have helped Washington develop his confidence and route running.  If he can catch a couple balls, I'm happy.

He is looking good in practice.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2017, 01:12:31 PM »

Thx TecnoGenius! I've been a huge football fan all of my life, played ball in high school and have continued to go and support our local high school team every Friday night they play, whether at home or on the road. And don't even get me started about my MU Tigers, when though the are pretty bad right now, and I mean bad, but I still watch every game and go to a few each year, same with the Chiefs even though it's been almost 50 years since they've been to the 'big one'. But they've started out undefeated this year so maybe this is their year! lol...

But I share your sentiment, hopefully it's good for all of us! I think that LDW can be content with a limited role, while at MU they were loaded with talented WRs and they all had to share time. But he has the skills to help the team, but as I've said before, LaPolice's offensive game scheme doesn't lend itself to having a lot of balls thrown his way, but is working for the Bombers and they're winning games and that's whats important. I just hope that he proves to be valuable enough to stay on the active roster and see some playing time, even if it's in a back up role.
You are definitely a huge fan of football and have much to contribute to this or any football forum.   Personally I'm not able to connect with football in as broad a spectrum as yourself, however I'm a life long fan of the Bombers and the CFL in general.  I did follow US football at one time mainly to track some of my favourite CFL players that made it back to the NFL.....so I get that you want LDW to get his shot and with injuries mounting and the colder weather upon us that shot will likely come.   Cheers!

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
66 Chevelle

« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2017, 04:17:25 PM »

You are definitely a huge fan of football and have much to contribute to this or any football forum.   Personally I'm not able to connect with football in as broad a spectrum as yourself, however I'm a life long fan of the Bombers and the CFL in general.  I did follow US football at one time mainly to track some of my favourite CFL players that made it back to the NFL.....so I get that you want LDW to get his shot and with injuries mounting and the colder weather upon us that shot will likely come.   Cheers!

Lincoln, your great and I enjoy reading your contributions here. You are doing the most important thing and that is enjoying the experience and your team. Maybe I should try and lean a little more your way...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: