Blue Bombers Forum
December 11, 2017, 10:00:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Our receivers  (Read 3594 times)
RebusRankin

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 01:57:44 PM »

We need to find a number 2 receiver in the off season. Imagine Adams and Denny with a Manny Show or Earnest Jackson type.
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 01:58:56 PM »

I wonder if BJ Cunningham is a free agent in 2018...?

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
Pigskin

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 02:15:08 PM »

I think our Nationals will be okay. Wol dropped a ball but not bad for his first game. Coats has showed he can play.
gbill2004

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 03:10:29 PM »

We need to find a number 2 receiver in the off season. Imagine Adams and Denny with a Manny Show or Earnest Jackson type.
Ernest Jackson is a good idea.  I wonder what it would cost to get him out of Montreal...
66 Chevelle

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 03:50:18 PM »

if those that are responsible for making personnel changes have no plans to actually change personnel, or move to a more vertical game,  acquiring new receivers is a waste of time and money...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
blue_gold_84

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 03:56:11 PM »

if those that are responsible for making personnel changes have no plans to actually change personnel, or move to a more vertical game,  acquiring new receivers is a waste of time and money...

Huh

Uh, personnel changes were made last night. Coates was in for Feoli-Gudino and Wolitarsky made his first career start.

Did you watch the game?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:59:19 PM by blue_gold_84 » Logged

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 04:08:30 PM »

that's not really a 'change', JFG is unable to play, these are replacements and was done as a matter of necessity, not by choice... you get that, right?  if JFG had been healthy it would have been business as usual...

blue_gold_84

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2017, 05:49:35 PM »

that's not really a 'change', JFG is unable to play, these are replacements and was done as a matter of necessity, not by choice... you get that, right?  if JFG had been healthy it would have been business as usual...

Replacing an injured player with a healthy one is still a personnel change.

Making a change "by choice" means what exactly...? What's the point of your comment? You get that you've failed to make one, right?

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
Pigskin

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 06:00:33 PM »

MC and Wol are not upgrades to JFG at this point in there careers. I think we are looking for the upgrades which come along with NFL cuts. A play maker, Hamilton has a number of them on D.
RebusRankin

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2017, 08:19:04 PM »

Ernest Jackson is a good idea.  I wonder what it would cost to get him out of Montreal...

I kind of hope the Als let him go in the off season and we sign him.
blueraid

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2017, 08:35:09 PM »

We don't seem to believe in change....Strains the heck out of our brain trust to ship out a guy like Addison Richards, never mind address other players who are currently on our roster and not up to snuff..I don't know how some of these recent signings are working out....you never seem to hear much BUT IF there's a middle linebacker amongst them with some run stopping ability....get him in there....That was a pitiful defence we put up against Masoli and company and like Bob Irving said last night we are 'soft' on D...That can get you a quick exit in post season.
elder

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2017, 08:45:53 PM »

We don't seem to believe in change....Strains the heck out of our brain trust to ship out a guy like Addison Richards, never mind address other players who are currently on our roster and not up to snuff..I don't know how some of these recent signings are working out....you never seem to hear much BUT IF there's a middle linebacker amongst them with some run stopping ability....get him in there....That was a pitiful defence we put up against Masoli and company and like Bob Irving said last night we are 'soft' on D...That can get you a quick exit in post season.

I don't know why the Bombers didn't go after Henoc Muamba.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 02:50:39 AM »

I don't know why the Bombers didn't go after Henoc Muamba.

likely money

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
In Motion

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 02:59:35 AM »

Lankford has the speed, but runs poor routes. Some of this can be taught
and some comes with experience, but he's not a natural at it.

66 Chevelle

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2017, 03:03:29 AM »

Replacing an injured player with a healthy one is still a personnel change.

Making a change "by choice" means what exactly...? What's the point of your comment? You get that you've failed to make one, right?

Seriously?

Putting someone on the field for an injured JFG wasn't a change by choice, it was either trot someone else out there or play with 11... They didn't bench JFG and replace him with someone else in order to change field dynamics or as an attempt to improve on field performance. Change would be to sit 3 of the current receivers, any 3, your choice, and take the 3 off the practice roster and play them instead.

I find it hard to believe that you don't understand the difference between putting a replacement on the field for an injured player that is unable to play, and, an attempt to improve your receiving corp by benching an under achieving player, or average player, with someone else in an attempt to improve on field performance.... truly boggles the mind... so you can tell me that I failed to make a point, but I'll tell you this, you are for sure, and it's not very flattering...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: