Blue Bombers Forum
December 11, 2017, 04:14:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Our receivers  (Read 3617 times)
Blue72

« on: October 02, 2017, 02:54:20 AM »

We seem to be putting up points but after Adams who would you say is our number 2 go to receiver. At one time Dressler seemed to be that guy but 2- 6 game injurys this year and one 6 game last year, maybe it is time for younger and stronger. Dressler is still good but at $170,000 we should be able to get one if not two guys to compete for that spot. It seems that if Nichols sees that Adams is covers than he goes to Harris, don't know if he doesn't have trust in his other players or they just can't get open.
 I know we are moving the ball and putting points on the board but after Adams who would scare you in that group. Denmark is good for a couple important catches but very quite the rest of the game.
I hope Wolitarsky gets a chance to what he has and maybe the next Zylstra, good size plus a Nat player. We need guys that could get open for 10-15 yards down field and not settle for 5-6 yards when we need more for the first down.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 03:11:38 AM »

After Adams im pretty sure for opposing defenses, nobody scares them. Would love to find a solid receiver to bring in for the stretch run before the deadline. Wonder if Hamilton or Mtl would trade anyone?
BomberPride

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 12:29:39 PM »

After Adams im pretty sure for opposing defenses, nobody scares them. Would love to find a solid receiver to bring in for the stretch run before the deadline. Wonder if Hamilton or Mtl would trade anyone?

I disagree.

I'm not sure why Denmark is not given credit where credit is due. They both have 7 TD's on the year and has proven clutch.

I would also throw Harris in there as well.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 12:42:51 PM »

I disagree.

I'm not sure why Denmark is not given credit where credit is due. They both have 7 TD's on the year and has proven clutch.

I would also throw Harris in there as well.

Agreed. I'd put the receivers in the following order:

1. Adams
2. Dressler
3. Denmark
4a. Harris
4b. Feoli-Gudino
5a. Flanders
5b. Lankford
6. Coates

When healthy, the top 3 is pretty formidable. Obviously, no Dressler is an issue and really hurts the depth.

It'd be really nice to see what Givens can do. I don't think a trade is necessary at this time.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 12:45:35 PM »

1. Adams
2. Dressler
3. Denmark
4a. Harris
4b. Feoli-Gudino
5a. Flanders
5b. Lankford
6. Coates

When healthy, the top 3 is pretty formidable. Obviously, no Dressler is an issue and really hurts the depth.

It'd be really nice to see what Givens can do. I don't think a trade is necessary at this time.

I think we are in a good spot as well.  Good list.  Dress has a couple more years.  Denny will play next year and will get his TDs and clutch as usual.

That said, we have the ability to shift from very good vets to some young studs.  Nice transition I see over the next couple of seasons.  Lankford is slowly developing.  Never a shortage of young receiver studs come in.  To have a really good Canadian come in would be great to replace Harris when his time is done.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
pjrocksmb

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 12:46:20 PM »

yeah I'm sure they are not worried about Denny at all, all he gets is TDs and is near the top of the league in that regard.   Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Chris1982

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 04:00:00 PM »

1. Adams
2. Dressler
3. Denmark
4a. Harris
4b. Feoli-Gudino
5a. Flanders
5b. Lankford
6. Coates

I would put Harris at number 2.  He leads the team in receptions with 84, and I am not 100% on the actual number, I know he has an amazing YAC number as well.  Denmark I would put at number 3 (close with Dressler) but Denmark is much more of a red zone threat.

Winnipeg born and raised, Oak Park alum.
Stretch

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 04:19:58 PM »

I would put Harris at number 2.  He leads the team in receptions with 84, and I am not 100% on the actual number, I know he has an amazing YAC number as well.

As of now: 718 yards receiving, 591 YAC

https://www.cfl.ca/stats/?stat_category=receiving&season=2017&col=6&order=desc

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Chris1982

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 04:21:32 PM »

Thanks... that is an AMAZING number... no one even comes close to that %.

Winnipeg born and raised, Oak Park alum.
BomberPride

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 04:25:51 PM »

Harris: 718 Yds, 591 YAC, 8.5  yds Avg, 35 yds (longest), 1 TD

Denmark: 508 yds, 81 YAC, 10.8 yds Avg, 40 yds (longest) 7 TD

Adams: 1006 Yds, 249 YAC, 15.0 yds Avg, 75 yds (longest) 7 TD

Dressler (in 8 games played): 482 yds, 219 YAC, 14.2 yds Avg, 87 yds (longest), 2 TD

Harris is #1 in the league for YAC yds for receiving, 200 yds ahead more than #2 Sinopoli with 374 YAC yds.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?
Blue72

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 04:44:55 AM »

We need true receivers on our team that could get open on deep and mid field catches, what we have now is Adams and Denmark and aside from that nothing. Harris is good but he is a running back and beside that we are in trouble. Lankford is not the answer even if he returns kicks but I'm pretty sure we have other people that can do that like maybe Givens? And for Flanders he is also a running back not a true receiver so like I say we need a couple true receivers that have speed and puts a scare in the opposition DB's.
I've been watching how our QB's hold the ball so long but maybe it has to do with the guys not getting open, it seems other receivers seem to get open for there QB's to help them out.
I know MOS doesn't like to make changes but this is what we need before the trade dead line. Dressler will be back but we don't know when and for how long again.
deepsixemtoboyd

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 01:05:09 PM »

We need true receivers on our team that could get open on deep and mid field catches, what we have now is Adams and Denmark and aside from that nothing. Harris is good but he is a running back and beside that we are in trouble. Lankford is not the answer even if he returns kicks but I'm pretty sure we have other people that can do that like maybe Givens? And for Flanders he is also a running back not a true receiver so like I say we need a couple true receivers that have speed and puts a scare in the opposition DB's.
I've been watching how our QB's hold the ball so long but maybe it has to do with the guys not getting open, it seems other receivers seem to get open for there QB's to help them out.
I know MOS doesn't like to make changes but this is what we need before the trade dead line. Dressler will be back but we don't know when and for how long again.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with most of this.  Our offense has been very good this year though not spectacular, largely because it doesn't have very many big play, deep-threat receivers. Adams is really the lone man in this regard.  Harris is top shelf in every respect, make no mistake, but I agree he is not a receiver. He is an extremely versatile and effective running back who is superb at catching the ball out of the backfield for YAC. Other teams have multiple, big play, deep-threat guys. I love Denmark, don't get me wrong. He is a very good, veteran, possession receiver.  He is also a super character guy. But the way we have managed the situation with Dressler does not make a ton of sense. I cannot agree, with his injuries over last year and this, that he has a "couple of years left" in him, esp given what what they are paying him. We need to go younger, bigger, stronger and sooner (like soon next year, for sure, or even this year, had Thorpe stuck around). The Bombers have a very well coached, schemed offense, but they are not scary good. It would be better if they were. And their receiving corps and it's lack of at least 2 legit deep threat guys is the biggest part of what is keeping them from getting there at the moment.
DM83

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 01:31:42 PM »

I love our receivers.
However they might be the worst. Group in the league.
If I am a defensive coordinator, the biggest threat is Adams.  He is a potential home run hitter.  But that is it. Denmark in the red zone. Needs to be addressed. Corner pattern rocks.Adams on an 8 is bread and butter. But that's it.

If I cover Adams deep, address Denmark in the red Zone, I can man up in the rest and Bombers got nothing.

Nichols has nothing but the dump off to Harris.  If the Bombers need five or less for a first down, this is a good play.  If we need more,...it's even money on any other of the receivers, vs. Any of the DBS.  10-4 says we have won those ...but as we get near the payoffs teams are getting the personnel figured out and  our average receiving. Core is getting covered.

It has to be understood, that each offence needs guys to do certain things. Especially that one receiver who seemingly does nothing in the game, but then gets three first downs that keeps,drives alive, so the stars can keep the offence rolling.

In my opinion, the Bombers have the wrong mix of receivers.  A bunch of possession receivers, and one good deep threat, but zero guys who have to be worried about as a game breaker every play.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 01:45:35 PM »

Unfortunately banking on Dressler as one of our primary receiving threats hasn't worked out....plus he's small and his age is catching up with him.   We invested big $$ in his record but he just hasn't lived up to his billing.   The Thorpe situation didn't help either and our receiving Corp at the moment is not striking fear into the hearts of any defences.  The Bombers seem to go as Harris goes and he wasn't a factor in this game.   The Hamilton D had all the answers last nite and with Nichols injured fairly early there wasn't going to be a miracle comeback with our backup QB.  I just hope it's not serious because our home playoff game will be in serious trouble if he misses any more games.   Very disappointing loss at when you lose to a 3-10 team and lose your starting QB as well. 

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
bigbuff33

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 01:52:48 PM »

I have been saying this all season...Adams....Denmark is a good possession receiver...and then?Huh??
Dressler WAS great...sadly, he's on his last days as a full time receiver...
RebusRankin

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 01:57:44 PM »

We need to find a number 2 receiver in the off season. Imagine Adams and Denny with a Manny Show or Earnest Jackson type.
blue_gold_84

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2017, 01:58:56 PM »

I wonder if BJ Cunningham is a free agent in 2018...?

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
Pigskin

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2017, 02:15:08 PM »

I think our Nationals will be okay. Wol dropped a ball but not bad for his first game. Coats has showed he can play.
gbill2004

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 03:10:29 PM »

We need to find a number 2 receiver in the off season. Imagine Adams and Denny with a Manny Show or Earnest Jackson type.
Ernest Jackson is a good idea.  I wonder what it would cost to get him out of Montreal...
66 Chevelle

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 03:50:18 PM »

if those that are responsible for making personnel changes have no plans to actually change personnel, or move to a more vertical game,  acquiring new receivers is a waste of time and money...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
blue_gold_84

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 03:56:11 PM »

if those that are responsible for making personnel changes have no plans to actually change personnel, or move to a more vertical game,  acquiring new receivers is a waste of time and money...

Huh

Uh, personnel changes were made last night. Coates was in for Feoli-Gudino and Wolitarsky made his first career start.

Did you watch the game?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:59:19 PM by blue_gold_84 » Logged

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 04:08:30 PM »

that's not really a 'change', JFG is unable to play, these are replacements and was done as a matter of necessity, not by choice... you get that, right?  if JFG had been healthy it would have been business as usual...

blue_gold_84

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2017, 05:49:35 PM »

that's not really a 'change', JFG is unable to play, these are replacements and was done as a matter of necessity, not by choice... you get that, right?  if JFG had been healthy it would have been business as usual...

Replacing an injured player with a healthy one is still a personnel change.

Making a change "by choice" means what exactly...? What's the point of your comment? You get that you've failed to make one, right?

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
Pigskin

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 06:00:33 PM »

MC and Wol are not upgrades to JFG at this point in there careers. I think we are looking for the upgrades which come along with NFL cuts. A play maker, Hamilton has a number of them on D.
RebusRankin

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2017, 08:19:04 PM »

Ernest Jackson is a good idea.  I wonder what it would cost to get him out of Montreal...

I kind of hope the Als let him go in the off season and we sign him.
blueraid

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2017, 08:35:09 PM »

We don't seem to believe in change....Strains the heck out of our brain trust to ship out a guy like Addison Richards, never mind address other players who are currently on our roster and not up to snuff..I don't know how some of these recent signings are working out....you never seem to hear much BUT IF there's a middle linebacker amongst them with some run stopping ability....get him in there....That was a pitiful defence we put up against Masoli and company and like Bob Irving said last night we are 'soft' on D...That can get you a quick exit in post season.
elder

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2017, 08:45:53 PM »

We don't seem to believe in change....Strains the heck out of our brain trust to ship out a guy like Addison Richards, never mind address other players who are currently on our roster and not up to snuff..I don't know how some of these recent signings are working out....you never seem to hear much BUT IF there's a middle linebacker amongst them with some run stopping ability....get him in there....That was a pitiful defence we put up against Masoli and company and like Bob Irving said last night we are 'soft' on D...That can get you a quick exit in post season.

I don't know why the Bombers didn't go after Henoc Muamba.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 02:50:39 AM »

likely money

In Motion

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 02:59:35 AM »

Lankford has the speed, but runs poor routes. Some of this can be taught
and some comes with experience, but he's not a natural at it.

66 Chevelle

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2017, 03:03:29 AM »

Replacing an injured player with a healthy one is still a personnel change.

Making a change "by choice" means what exactly...? What's the point of your comment? You get that you've failed to make one, right?

Seriously?

Putting someone on the field for an injured JFG wasn't a change by choice, it was either trot someone else out there or play with 11... They didn't bench JFG and replace him with someone else in order to change field dynamics or as an attempt to improve on field performance. Change would be to sit 3 of the current receivers, any 3, your choice, and take the 3 off the practice roster and play them instead.

I find it hard to believe that you don't understand the difference between putting a replacement on the field for an injured player that is unable to play, and, an attempt to improve your receiving corp by benching an under achieving player, or average player, with someone else in an attempt to improve on field performance.... truly boggles the mind... so you can tell me that I failed to make a point, but I'll tell you this, you are for sure, and it's not very flattering...

Slimy Sculpin

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2017, 03:15:03 AM »

I gotta go with the 66 Chevelle on this one.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2017, 03:20:25 AM »

I gotta go with the 66 Chevelle on this one.

thanks Slimy Sculpin! I thought that it was pretty straight forward...

kkc60

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2017, 04:35:59 AM »

Lankford is a nice backup Rec but he isn't starting quality yet. Typical burner in the sense he can out run most DBs but hands and general receiver traits and abilities are lacking
TecnoGenius

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2017, 10:17:37 AM »

Henoc has been mediocre all year.  He's billed as the second coming (and he was for BB) but as a SSK he's shown nothing great.  Seriously.  That makes him a waste of bigtime money.  Maybe he's rusty and will improve, but he hasn't been much of an asset for them this year.  I'd rather have Solly or Woods or Singleton.
bigbuff33

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2017, 12:33:37 PM »

Look at all of Sask receivers...
We;ve got one who could match up with them...
It's been Adams and Denmark for several years now...
And our scouts can't find any receivers!!
Pigskin

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2017, 02:26:48 PM »

HM is a lot better then Hurl. Singleton is the best National LB in the CFL right now, maybe the best MLB period. However I like the way HM plays and would improve our D.
the paw

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2017, 04:50:02 PM »

Henoc has been mediocre all year.  He's billed as the second coming (and he was for BB) but as a SSK he's shown nothing great.  Seriously.  That makes him a waste of bigtime money.  Maybe he's rusty and will improve, but he hasn't been much of an asset for them this year.  I'd rather have Solly or Woods or Singleton.

Henoc was mediocre during the partial season he played for them last year.  He?s been very good for them this year.  He?s the main reason they can get away with Mugabe/Steele/Makana Henry as their DTs.

grab grass 'n growl
dd

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2017, 06:38:51 PM »

I ve been saying this for 2 seasons, we need a mean and nasty agile MLB who can make Plays, we simply don't have that and it's killing us

On the bright side, I thought Santos-Knox had a good game, but we need More plays/production from the MLB position.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 06:59:58 PM by dd » Logged
gbill2004

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2017, 11:14:47 PM »

I ve been saying this for 2 seasons, we need a mean and nasty agile MLB who can make Plays, we simply don't have that and it's killing us

On the bright side, I thought Santos-Knox had a good game, but we need More plays/production from the MLB position.
I don't see why Santos Knox couldn't play MLB. I think he'd be a stud there. Stick Wild at WLB and we're set. Only problem is the ratio.
Blue72

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2017, 01:58:37 AM »

Even if we put S. Knox or Wild in as MLB will Hall change the scheme and allow them to play as a real MLB or just the same as Hurl?
Tiger

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2017, 02:25:21 AM »

I am a big fan of Adams and I am glad he is finally getting recognition.  Granted I am bias in that he is an Auburn Tiger from the SEC.  That said he dropped on last game and two late in the Edmonton game.  He will get better.  He blocks downfield but not like I am used to from an SEC receiver.  Terrence Edwards was great at this and another SEC alum.  That said he is not be used well in short passes.  He is tall, fast and physical - throw high and throw deep - often.  It seems he and Nichols are not connecting on long balls, but since this is also the case with other receivers I think the issue may be with Nichols.

I know that we are concerned about ints but sometimes you have to throw with one on one and trust your receiver.  Especially Denmark and JFG who fight for the
ball.

I like Lankford but I am starting to think he would be better at DB than receiver just like his father.  Maybe I m wrong and he needs more time.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
gbill2004

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2017, 10:06:34 AM »

Even if we put S. Knox or Wild in as MLB will Hall change the scheme and allow them to play as a real MLB or just the same as Hurl?
I think they'd allow an actual MLB play a more traditional MLB role.  My understanding is that Hurl is used the way he is because the coaching staff recognizes that he isn't very good. 
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2017, 05:59:44 PM »

I think they'd allow an actual MLB play a more traditional MLB role.  My understanding is that Hurl is used the way he is because the coaching staff recognizes that he isn't very good. 

Hall mis-used Bass the same way last year, so it's the scheme.  Changes won't occur this year but hopefully O'Shea can pressure Hall to implement a more traditional MLB role for next year, then go out and find a good one.  If it wasn't for Loffler playing a psuedo LB role the results would be much worse than they have been, as there would be no one in the middle making up for missed tackles. 

As for Hall being replaced I seriously doubt it unless he retires, I believe O'Shea would only be motivated to make staff changes after losing seasons and with pressure from above.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 06:01:49 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2017, 06:08:26 PM »

and what does this have to do with our receivers?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2017, 06:24:09 PM »

Because 2 pages ago the discussion shifted to the OBVIOUS position need MLB. Our receivers are fine compared to the sad sack MLB we have and it's that very position thats killing us
blue_gold_84

« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2017, 06:27:05 PM »

Seriously?

Putting someone on the field for an injured JFG wasn't a change by choice, it was either trot someone else out there or play with 11... They didn't bench JFG and replace him with someone else in order to change field dynamics or as an attempt to improve on field performance. Change would be to sit 3 of the current receivers, any 3, your choice, and take the 3 off the practice roster and play them instead.

I find it hard to believe that you don't understand the difference between putting a replacement on the field for an injured player that is unable to play, and, an attempt to improve your receiving corp by benching an under achieving player, or average player, with someone else in an attempt to improve on field performance.... truly boggles the mind... so you can tell me that I failed to make a point, but I'll tell you this, you are for sure, and it's not very flattering...

You suggest replacing players for ones who haven't seen active duty recently, which boggles the mind. In what universe is sitting three receivers for PR players prudent, anyway?
Adams, Denmark, and Harris played well on Friday, Coates was alright, and Wolitarsky made a nice catch in his debut and had a drop.

Who would you have liked to see go in at receiver? What you're suggesting (replacing three active players for three PR players) is ludicrous. I had no point to make in the first place, BTW. I just don't agree at all with your suggestion.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
dd

« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2017, 08:06:07 PM »

Why wouldn't we try and trade for Ernest Jackson out of Montreal. The Als are out of the playoffs and he'd be a definite immediate upgrade for  us out there
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2017, 08:34:11 PM »

Why wouldn't we try and trade for Ernest Jackson out of Montreal. The Als are out of the playoffs and he'd be a definite immediate upgrade for  us out there

He didn't look good today

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2017, 08:35:06 PM »

Because 2 pages ago the discussion shifted to the OBVIOUS position need MLB. Our receivers are fine compared to the sad sack MLB we have and it's that very position thats killing us
maaaybe

gbill2004

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2017, 10:03:46 PM »

He didn't look good today

He's in a bad situation. He's a good receiver.
dd

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2017, 10:10:21 PM »

Exactly. I can't imagine what's going through his mind now....I signed as a FA here, and it sucks, our Qb sucks, our HC sucks, our OC sucks, the whole situation sucks and it isn't going to get any better in the near term. You can't tell me he doesn't want out of there. We need a receiver, seems like the perfect fit.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2017, 10:34:32 PM »

You suggest replacing players for ones who haven't seen active duty recently, which boggles the mind. In what universe is sitting three receivers for PR players prudent, anyway?
Adams, Denmark, and Harris played well on Friday, Coates was alright, and Wolitarsky made a nice catch in his debut and had a drop.

Who would you have liked to see go in at receiver? What you're suggesting (replacing three active players for three PR players) is ludicrous. I had no point to make in the first place, BTW. I just don't agree at all with your suggestion.

you weren't home schooled, were you?

because that, my friend, is what we in the states call an example... a scenario provided to demonstrate a concept or idea and used in an attempt to provide clarity... not once did I say that is what we SHOULD do, I'm content with what we have now... however, besides not understanding what an example is, you seemed to be struggling with the concept of replace vs. change and I was just trying to shed some light for you... obviously I need a bigger light...

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2017, 11:17:39 PM »

because that, my friend, is what we in the states call an example... a scenario provided to demonstrate a concept or idea and used in an attempt to provide clarity... not once did I say that is what we SHOULD do, I'm content with what we have now... however, besides not understanding what an example is, you seemed to be struggling with the concept of replace vs. change and I was just trying to shed some light for you... obviously I need a bigger light...
Not sure what schools you went to in the States but your "concept" seems a little iffy.....B & G asked a legitimate question and you proceeded to diss him for it.   Using 3 PR receivers in place of 3 regulars would be IMHO ill advised at this juncture unless we they were so inept it would be an improvement....and I don't think that's the case.   

gbill2004

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2017, 11:23:08 PM »

Not sure what schools you went to in the States but your "concept" seems a little iffy.....B & G asked a legitimate question and you proceeded to diss him for it.   Using 3 PR receivers in place of 3 regulars would be IMHO ill advised at this juncture unless we they were so inept it would be an improvement....and I don't think that's the case.   
66 Chevelle has one agenda only here, and that's to see Washington play.
kkc60

« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2017, 11:25:42 PM »

I mean I personally wouldn't mind seeing Washington get a shot if Lankford or someone else goes down. Yea he wasn't spectacular at the beginning of the year but honestly neither was Denmark and Adams wasn't outstanding either. He's had time to learn the playbook and practice and he has intangibles
Tiger

« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2017, 12:56:22 AM »

I mean I personally wouldn't mind seeing Washington get a shot if Lankford or someone else goes down. Yea he wasn't spectacular at the beginning of the year but honestly neither was Denmark and Adams wasn't outstanding either. He's had time to learn the playbook and practice and he has intangibles

I would not mind seeing him get a shot.  But Langford will need to keep underperforming before MOS gets him in.  Also Deessler and Denmark are getting older and someone will need to replace them.  I am sorry Thorpe left but would not have him back and that is to Washington's benefit.   He needs to be ready when given the chance.

Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
 Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger
kkc60

« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2017, 01:19:58 AM »

I would not mind seeing him get a shot.  But Langford will need to keep underperforming before MOS gets him in.  Also Deessler and Denmark are getting older and someone will need to replace them.  I am sorry Thorpe left but would not have him back and that is to Washington's benefit.   He needs to be ready when given the chance.
Exactly. I don't think he was ready to start when he was starting, as he was relatively new. But now he should be ready. And if he is, then he could be good. He is 6'4 win decent speed
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2017, 01:54:23 AM »

lol!!!

66 Chevelle

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2017, 02:46:21 AM »

Actually, that's not true, but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story... If fact, I've advocated just the opposite and supported the current group of receivers and Lapolice's offensive game plan... here are a couple of posts that I've made lately:

"it's a numbers thing... can't get around it... I'd love to see him play but unless LaPo is going to drastically change what the offense has been doing all year it wouldn't have much effect on the game as a whole. And at this point you need to dance with the one that brought you, however, I'm sure that LDW will be prepared and ready to play if called upon. Wouldn't it be cool to see Adams on one side and Washington on the other and have Nichols tell them both, 'go long' and just chuck it to whichever one is open? Maybe next year..."

and...

"again, I'm not complaining, but spin it how you want...

but to the bigger point, a lot on here complain about the receiving corp and want different receivers... my question is why? you have a quality group now that is executing the game plan successfully AND unless the Bombers are planning on and willing to change their game there isn't much point in bringing in deep threat receivers if you don't really plan on throwing deep much, Adams is capable of and is currently supporting that need adequately... Which is my whole point of what I was originally saying, why activate Washington if you don't plan on changing your game, which I wouldn't, we're winning... dance with the one that brought ya...

but moving forward, looking at the numbers will tell you what the team needs... acquiring players that don't fit YOUR game is not smart ball or a value for the buck... Your team doesn't need different players, my player needs a different team, which I'm fine with..."

However, continue to spin it however you please...

66 Chevelle

« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2017, 02:58:08 AM »

come on, Lincoln... really?

this all started because I said that unless those in power wanted 'change' that there was no reason to acquire new receivers, basically, see reply 19 for my actual comment..

then, for the rest of the story, see replies 20, 21, 22, 29, 30, and 45... and never once did I say that we should replace anyone, I was giving an example and if you, or anyone else here, can't read what I typed and see that, well, I can't help ya... I tried several time to explain that to me, replacing an injured player, unable to play, is different than changing a player for the purpose of change...

defense rest...

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2017, 04:17:26 AM »

come on, Lincoln... really?

this all started because I said that unless those in power wanted 'change' that there was no reason to acquire new receivers, basically, see reply 19 for my actual comment..

then, for the rest of the story, see replies 20, 21, 22, 29, 30, and 45... and never once did I say that we should replace anyone, I was giving an example and if you, or anyone else here, can't read what I typed and see that, well, I can't help ya... I tried several time to explain that to me, replacing an injured player, unable to play, is different than changing a player for the purpose of change...

defense rest...
  I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings however methinks thou doth protesteth too much!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:29:25 AM by Lincoln Locomotive » Logged

66 Chevelle

« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2017, 05:29:33 AM »

I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings however methinks thou doth protesteth too much!

I'm not sure that's possible, Lincoln... on second thought, I'm positive...   Undecided

gbill2004

« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2017, 10:48:13 AM »

Actually, that's not true, but don't let the truth get in the way of a good story... If fact, I've advocated just the opposite and supported the current group of receivers and Lapolice's offensive game plan... here are a couple of posts that I've made lately:

"it's a numbers thing... can't get around it... I'd love to see him play but unless LaPo is going to drastically change what the offense has been doing all year it wouldn't have much effect on the game as a whole. And at this point you need to dance with the one that brought you, however, I'm sure that LDW will be prepared and ready to play if called upon. Wouldn't it be cool to see Adams on one side and Washington on the other and have Nichols tell them both, 'go long' and just chuck it to whichever one is open? Maybe next year..."

and...

but to the bigger point, a lot on here complain about the receiving corp and want different receivers... my question is why? you have a quality group now that is executing the game plan successfully AND unless the Bombers are planning on and willing to change their game there isn't much point in bringing in deep threat receivers if you don't really plan on throwing deep much, Adams is capable of and is currently supporting that need adequately... Which is my whole point of what I was originally saying, why activate Washington if you don't plan on changing your game, which I wouldn't, we're winning... dance with the one that brought ya...

but moving forward, looking at the numbers will tell you what the team needs... acquiring players that don't fit YOUR game is not smart ball or a value for the buck... Your team doesn't need different players, my player needs a different team, which I'm fine with..."

66, I think you are a great poster, you have some great ideas you add lots to the discussion and I hope you stick around, but it's clear based on your previous posts that you've got a hard on for Washington. 
GCn17

« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2017, 11:14:40 AM »

66, I think you are a great poster, you have some great ideas you add lots to the discussion and I hope you stick around, but it's clear based on your previous posts that you've got a hard on for Washington. 

About as big as your hard on for Nichols....just saying...we all have our favorites.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
gbill2004

« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2017, 11:16:25 AM »

About as big as your hard on for Nichols....just saying...we all have our favorites.
Nichols has one of the top QB ratings in the league and is statistically one of the best QBs in the CFL. That's a terrible comparison GCn17  Roll Eyes
Sec223

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2017, 11:16:36 AM »

Are you kids done ? Back to the topic please.
GCn17

« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2017, 11:20:53 AM »

Nichols has one of the top QB ratings in the league and is statistically one of the best QBs in the CFL. That's a terrible comparison GCn17  Roll Eyes

Nichols is a hell of a QB, which is why you try to remind us ad nauseum that it's his release that saved the day last year and deflect any and all blame from him when someone offers up a criticism of his play....and that's all right....we all have our favorite players, whether it's the starting QB or a PR player. We all post with agendas when it comes to certain players is all I'm saying. 66 Chevelle is not unique in that regard.

Unabashed free thinker. No Kool-Aid in my fridge. I don't get blinded by sunglasses at night.
kkc60

« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2017, 11:59:14 AM »

And you have a tendency to refer to Washington as "terrible" whenever the opportunity arises (although I don't think you've said it on this thread yet)
gbill2004

« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2017, 12:05:49 PM »

And you have a tendency to refer to Washington as "terrible" whenever the opportunity arises (although I don't think you've said it on this thread yet)
Yep, 66 and me have polar opposite views on Washington, that's for sure. 
blue_gold_84

« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2017, 06:05:44 PM »

What a piss poor attitude you have. Simply because some stranger on a forum doesn't agree with your outlandish opinion.

Your example is ridiculous, so why even mention it? You haven't shed light on anything, either. All you've managed to do is demonstrate you can't have a mature discussion.

One more thing: replace and change can be synonymous terms. I learned that in elementary school.

It's an absurd concept and makes no sense. I merely pointed out how player changes were in fact made Friday, regardless of the reason. That doesn't justify taking shots at someone in response.

Except for the fact Nichols has proven his value.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2017, 07:19:05 PM »

The coaching staff replaced Washington for a reason early in the season. Think that is all we need to know and understand. I think by now Given should have a grasp of the play book and enough practice reps to give him a shot and see what we have in him.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2017, 08:44:37 PM »

and...

Are you still trying to cling to the fact that you're not a friend/family member of Washington? Do you really think most people are going to believe you became a big fan of the CFL and the Bombers (complete with passionate Blue Bomber forum posts) simply because a player that played at the school you cheer for several years ago is on the team? You came on the scene when L'Damian was starting, mostly went away when he hit the PR, and now you're back when there's a chance he'll play again? This would work way better if you just admitted your relation. Every couple years there's someone who does this so it's nothing terribly new. What is odd is your refusal to admit it.

You do realize that if you became a fan simply because you casually followed Washington's career after his NCAA days and jumped all in on the CFL and Bombers because you just kinda liked him, that you would be the only fan I have ever heard of do that on this forum. And we have seen countless Americans with large fan bases back home join the team over the years.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2017, 09:46:36 PM »

I have a hard on for Mike Miller!

gbill2004

« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2017, 09:49:19 PM »

I have a hard on for Wade Miller!
Wow!   Shocked
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2017, 09:52:50 PM »

Wow!   Shocked

LOL you jerk for changing my post

That has got to be sacrilegious!

BOOOO gbill BOOOO this time you've gone to far!

gbill2004

« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2017, 10:05:44 PM »

LOL you jerk for changing my post

That has got to be sacrilegious!

BOOOO gbill BOOOO this time you've gone to far!
lol  Cheesy Grin
blue_gold_84

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2017, 10:11:51 PM »

FWIW, Washington was practicing today in Lankford's place on the first team offense.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
gbill2004

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2017, 10:19:07 PM »

FWIW, Washington was practicing today in Lankford's place on the first team offense.
Yep that was reported in the practice update thread.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2017, 10:33:32 PM »

How'd he look?

66 Chevelle

« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2017, 07:20:55 AM »

Are you still trying to cling to the fact that you're not a friend/family member of Washington? Do you really think most people are going to believe you became a big fan of the CFL and the Bombers (complete with passionate Blue Bomber forum posts) simply because a player that played at the school you cheer for several years ago is on the team? You came on the scene when L'Damian was starting, mostly went away when he hit the PR, and now you're back when there's a chance he'll play again? This would work way better if you just admitted your relation. Every couple years there's someone who does this so it's nothing terribly new. What is odd is your refusal to admit it.

You do realize that if you became a fan simply because you casually followed Washington's career after his NCAA days and jumped all in on the CFL and Bombers because you just kinda liked him, that you would be the only fan I have ever heard of do that on this forum. And we have seen countless Americans with large fan bases back home join the team over the years.

yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it, mainly because it's the truth... I'm not really sure what I'd have to gain by claiming that I don't know him if I did? And while I don't feel like I need to explain myself, I will add that if Washington would have been signed just a couple of weeks ago, instead of May, I probably wouldn't have become such a fan. As it was, there was no other football going on at the time and it helped to fill a void. Now, with high school, college, and pro ball happening here I probably would have been more of a casual fan as plenty of football action now. I do like the fact that following the CFL expands my football season 4 or 5 months! But if it helps you sleep better at nights for whatever reason, then I'll say that I know him, but I don't, but I'll tell you that I do, but I don't see how this will effect what I do, or don't, say or post? So, whatever works for you, but if it's because you just want to be 'right', then you can be right because I don't care...

But as far as 'my return', I never really left, I'm here daily and have been all summer long, I just elected to quit posting for a while because of nonsense like this thread. I had planned to not post, but couldn't keep myself from doing so. And, I've watched every Bomber game this year, as well as many other CFL games, even though Washington was/is on the practice roster. I've probably watched more CFL games this year than the majority of the forum members here.

But I'm willing to support and go with whatever story you'd like so you let it go... there, you win... lol...

66 Chevelle

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2017, 07:29:09 AM »

thanks gbill2004... I take no offense to you hating on my boy, lol, hopefully you don't when I post about Nichols as well...  Grin

Healthy debate and the willingness to listen to others point of view expands and stimulates the mind. Needless to say my mind stays in a constant state of over stimulation, , lol...  I think we have something to learn from everybody...

TecnoGenius

« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2017, 07:31:41 AM »

I believe you, Chevelle.  For sure someone can become an uber-fan of a player and follow him through different leagues.  Heck, if Andrew Harris went to the NFL tomorrow, I'd watch whatever games he was in, even though I don't watch much NFL until the playoffs.

And, football is a whole different beast for Americans as they all follow college a heck of a lot more than Canadians do.  I can see how some might get attached to certain standout players.

Looks like we may see LDW in this weekend and that will be a great chance for him to shine.  I'm really hoping he delivers, as an extra weapon would be great going into the playoffs.  Good for him, good for us, good for Chevelle.  How can you go wrong?
66 Chevelle

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2017, 07:46:21 AM »

I believe you, Chevelle.  For sure someone can become an uber-fan of a player and follow him through different leagues.  Heck, if Andrew Harris went to the NFL tomorrow, I'd watch whatever games he was in, even though I don't watch much NFL until the playoffs.

And, football is a whole different beast for Americans as they all follow college a heck of a lot more than Canadians do.  I can see how some might get attached to certain standout players.

Looks like we may see LDW in this weekend and that will be a great chance for him to shine.  I'm really hoping he delivers, as an extra weapon would be great going into the playoffs.  Good for him, good for us, good for Chevelle.  How can you go wrong?

Thx TecnoGenius! I've been a huge football fan all of my life, played ball in high school and have continued to go and support our local high school team every Friday night they play, whether at home or on the road. And don't even get me started about my MU Tigers, when though the are pretty bad right now, and I mean bad, but I still watch every game and go to a few each year, same with the Chiefs even though it's been almost 50 years since they've been to the 'big one'. But they've started out undefeated this year so maybe this is their year! lol...

But I share your sentiment, hopefully it's good for all of us! I think that LDW can be content with a limited role, while at MU they were loaded with talented WRs and they all had to share time. But he has the skills to help the team, but as I've said before, LaPolice's offensive game scheme doesn't lend itself to having a lot of balls thrown his way, but is working for the Bombers and they're winning games and that's whats important. I just hope that he proves to be valuable enough to stay on the active roster and see some playing time, even if it's in a back up role.

pjrocksmb

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2017, 11:31:27 AM »

all the extra practice reps may have helped Washington develop his confidence and route running.  If he can catch a couple balls, I'm happy.

GCn17

« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2017, 11:48:52 AM »

all the extra practice reps may have helped Washington develop his confidence and route running.  If he can catch a couple balls, I'm happy.

He is looking good in practice.

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2017, 01:12:31 PM »

Thx TecnoGenius! I've been a huge football fan all of my life, played ball in high school and have continued to go and support our local high school team every Friday night they play, whether at home or on the road. And don't even get me started about my MU Tigers, when though the are pretty bad right now, and I mean bad, but I still watch every game and go to a few each year, same with the Chiefs even though it's been almost 50 years since they've been to the 'big one'. But they've started out undefeated this year so maybe this is their year! lol...

But I share your sentiment, hopefully it's good for all of us! I think that LDW can be content with a limited role, while at MU they were loaded with talented WRs and they all had to share time. But he has the skills to help the team, but as I've said before, LaPolice's offensive game scheme doesn't lend itself to having a lot of balls thrown his way, but is working for the Bombers and they're winning games and that's whats important. I just hope that he proves to be valuable enough to stay on the active roster and see some playing time, even if it's in a back up role.
You are definitely a huge fan of football and have much to contribute to this or any football forum.   Personally I'm not able to connect with football in as broad a spectrum as yourself, however I'm a life long fan of the Bombers and the CFL in general.  I did follow US football at one time mainly to track some of my favourite CFL players that made it back to the NFL.....so I get that you want LDW to get his shot and with injuries mounting and the colder weather upon us that shot will likely come.   Cheers!

66 Chevelle

« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2017, 04:17:25 PM »

You are definitely a huge fan of football and have much to contribute to this or any football forum.   Personally I'm not able to connect with football in as broad a spectrum as yourself, however I'm a life long fan of the Bombers and the CFL in general.  I did follow US football at one time mainly to track some of my favourite CFL players that made it back to the NFL.....so I get that you want LDW to get his shot and with injuries mounting and the colder weather upon us that shot will likely come.   Cheers!

Lincoln, your great and I enjoy reading your contributions here. You are doing the most important thing and that is enjoying the experience and your team. Maybe I should try and lean a little more your way...

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: