Blue Bombers Forum
December 13, 2017, 02:09:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Our receivers  (Read 3679 times)
Blue72

« on: October 02, 2017, 02:54:20 AM »

We seem to be putting up points but after Adams who would you say is our number 2 go to receiver. At one time Dressler seemed to be that guy but 2- 6 game injurys this year and one 6 game last year, maybe it is time for younger and stronger. Dressler is still good but at $170,000 we should be able to get one if not two guys to compete for that spot. It seems that if Nichols sees that Adams is covers than he goes to Harris, don't know if he doesn't have trust in his other players or they just can't get open.
 I know we are moving the ball and putting points on the board but after Adams who would scare you in that group. Denmark is good for a couple important catches but very quite the rest of the game.
I hope Wolitarsky gets a chance to what he has and maybe the next Zylstra, good size plus a Nat player. We need guys that could get open for 10-15 yards down field and not settle for 5-6 yards when we need more for the first down.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 03:11:38 AM »

After Adams im pretty sure for opposing defenses, nobody scares them. Would love to find a solid receiver to bring in for the stretch run before the deadline. Wonder if Hamilton or Mtl would trade anyone?
BomberPride

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 12:29:39 PM »

After Adams im pretty sure for opposing defenses, nobody scares them. Would love to find a solid receiver to bring in for the stretch run before the deadline. Wonder if Hamilton or Mtl would trade anyone?

I disagree.

I'm not sure why Denmark is not given credit where credit is due. They both have 7 TD's on the year and has proven clutch.

I would also throw Harris in there as well.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?
blue_gold_84

"There's always next year."

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 12:42:51 PM »

I disagree.

I'm not sure why Denmark is not given credit where credit is due. They both have 7 TD's on the year and has proven clutch.

I would also throw Harris in there as well.

Agreed. I'd put the receivers in the following order:

1. Adams
2. Dressler
3. Denmark
4a. Harris
4b. Feoli-Gudino
5a. Flanders
5b. Lankford
6. Coates

When healthy, the top 3 is pretty formidable. Obviously, no Dressler is an issue and really hurts the depth.

It'd be really nice to see what Givens can do. I don't think a trade is necessary at this time.

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

Go Jets Go!

You can't fix stupid.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 12:45:35 PM »

1. Adams
2. Dressler
3. Denmark
4a. Harris
4b. Feoli-Gudino
5a. Flanders
5b. Lankford
6. Coates

When healthy, the top 3 is pretty formidable. Obviously, no Dressler is an issue and really hurts the depth.

It'd be really nice to see what Givens can do. I don't think a trade is necessary at this time.

I think we are in a good spot as well.  Good list.  Dress has a couple more years.  Denny will play next year and will get his TDs and clutch as usual.

That said, we have the ability to shift from very good vets to some young studs.  Nice transition I see over the next couple of seasons.  Lankford is slowly developing.  Never a shortage of young receiver studs come in.  To have a really good Canadian come in would be great to replace Harris when his time is done.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 12:46:20 PM »

yeah I'm sure they are not worried about Denny at all, all he gets is TDs and is near the top of the league in that regard.   Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Chris1982

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 04:00:00 PM »

1. Adams
2. Dressler
3. Denmark
4a. Harris
4b. Feoli-Gudino
5a. Flanders
5b. Lankford
6. Coates

I would put Harris at number 2.  He leads the team in receptions with 84, and I am not 100% on the actual number, I know he has an amazing YAC number as well.  Denmark I would put at number 3 (close with Dressler) but Denmark is much more of a red zone threat.

Winnipeg born and raised, Oak Park alum.
Stretch

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 04:19:58 PM »

I would put Harris at number 2.  He leads the team in receptions with 84, and I am not 100% on the actual number, I know he has an amazing YAC number as well.

As of now: 718 yards receiving, 591 YAC

https://www.cfl.ca/stats/?stat_category=receiving&season=2017&col=6&order=desc

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Chris1982

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 04:21:32 PM »

Thanks... that is an AMAZING number... no one even comes close to that %.

Winnipeg born and raised, Oak Park alum.
BomberPride

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 04:25:51 PM »

Harris: 718 Yds, 591 YAC, 8.5  yds Avg, 35 yds (longest), 1 TD

Denmark: 508 yds, 81 YAC, 10.8 yds Avg, 40 yds (longest) 7 TD

Adams: 1006 Yds, 249 YAC, 15.0 yds Avg, 75 yds (longest) 7 TD

Dressler (in 8 games played): 482 yds, 219 YAC, 14.2 yds Avg, 87 yds (longest), 2 TD

Harris is #1 in the league for YAC yds for receiving, 200 yds ahead more than #2 Sinopoli with 374 YAC yds.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?
Blue72

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 04:44:55 AM »

We need true receivers on our team that could get open on deep and mid field catches, what we have now is Adams and Denmark and aside from that nothing. Harris is good but he is a running back and beside that we are in trouble. Lankford is not the answer even if he returns kicks but I'm pretty sure we have other people that can do that like maybe Givens? And for Flanders he is also a running back not a true receiver so like I say we need a couple true receivers that have speed and puts a scare in the opposition DB's.
I've been watching how our QB's hold the ball so long but maybe it has to do with the guys not getting open, it seems other receivers seem to get open for there QB's to help them out.
I know MOS doesn't like to make changes but this is what we need before the trade dead line. Dressler will be back but we don't know when and for how long again.
deepsixemtoboyd

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2017, 01:05:09 PM »

We need true receivers on our team that could get open on deep and mid field catches, what we have now is Adams and Denmark and aside from that nothing. Harris is good but he is a running back and beside that we are in trouble. Lankford is not the answer even if he returns kicks but I'm pretty sure we have other people that can do that like maybe Givens? And for Flanders he is also a running back not a true receiver so like I say we need a couple true receivers that have speed and puts a scare in the opposition DB's.
I've been watching how our QB's hold the ball so long but maybe it has to do with the guys not getting open, it seems other receivers seem to get open for there QB's to help them out.
I know MOS doesn't like to make changes but this is what we need before the trade dead line. Dressler will be back but we don't know when and for how long again.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with most of this.  Our offense has been very good this year though not spectacular, largely because it doesn't have very many big play, deep-threat receivers. Adams is really the lone man in this regard.  Harris is top shelf in every respect, make no mistake, but I agree he is not a receiver. He is an extremely versatile and effective running back who is superb at catching the ball out of the backfield for YAC. Other teams have multiple, big play, deep-threat guys. I love Denmark, don't get me wrong. He is a very good, veteran, possession receiver.  He is also a super character guy. But the way we have managed the situation with Dressler does not make a ton of sense. I cannot agree, with his injuries over last year and this, that he has a "couple of years left" in him, esp given what what they are paying him. We need to go younger, bigger, stronger and sooner (like soon next year, for sure, or even this year, had Thorpe stuck around). The Bombers have a very well coached, schemed offense, but they are not scary good. It would be better if they were. And their receiving corps and it's lack of at least 2 legit deep threat guys is the biggest part of what is keeping them from getting there at the moment.
DM83

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2017, 01:31:42 PM »

I love our receivers.
However they might be the worst. Group in the league.
If I am a defensive coordinator, the biggest threat is Adams.  He is a potential home run hitter.  But that is it. Denmark in the red zone. Needs to be addressed. Corner pattern rocks.Adams on an 8 is bread and butter. But that's it.

If I cover Adams deep, address Denmark in the red Zone, I can man up in the rest and Bombers got nothing.

Nichols has nothing but the dump off to Harris.  If the Bombers need five or less for a first down, this is a good play.  If we need more,...it's even money on any other of the receivers, vs. Any of the DBS.  10-4 says we have won those ...but as we get near the payoffs teams are getting the personnel figured out and  our average receiving. Core is getting covered.

It has to be understood, that each offence needs guys to do certain things. Especially that one receiver who seemingly does nothing in the game, but then gets three first downs that keeps,drives alive, so the stars can keep the offence rolling.

In my opinion, the Bombers have the wrong mix of receivers.  A bunch of possession receivers, and one good deep threat, but zero guys who have to be worried about as a game breaker every play.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 01:45:35 PM »

Unfortunately banking on Dressler as one of our primary receiving threats hasn't worked out....plus he's small and his age is catching up with him.   We invested big $$ in his record but he just hasn't lived up to his billing.   The Thorpe situation didn't help either and our receiving Corp at the moment is not striking fear into the hearts of any defences.  The Bombers seem to go as Harris goes and he wasn't a factor in this game.   The Hamilton D had all the answers last nite and with Nichols injured fairly early there wasn't going to be a miracle comeback with our backup QB.  I just hope it's not serious because our home playoff game will be in serious trouble if he misses any more games.   Very disappointing loss at when you lose to a 3-10 team and lose your starting QB as well. 

" Leo Lewis was the best player I ever coached, on either side of the border"!

Bud Grant, when asked who was the best player he ever coached
bigbuff33

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 01:52:48 PM »

I have been saying this all season...Adams....Denmark is a good possession receiver...and then?Huh??
Dressler WAS great...sadly, he's on his last days as a full time receiver...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: