Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 12:41:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think it's disrespectful for players to sit or kneel during the national anthem?  (Voting closed: October 08, 2017, 08:58:48 PM)
Yes - 7 (29.2%)
No - 15 (62.5%)
Undecided - 2 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kneeling/Sitting during the National Anthem  (Read 1529 times)
jeremy q public

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2017, 04:19:09 AM »

Why does there need to be any anthem prior to team sporting events at all? What is the purpose of it? Who started it? They don't play any anthem before a pro tennis match or F1 racing. You don't have an anthem before a golf tournament. You don't have it prior to other entertainment events such as a a rock concert or the ballet or symphony or theatre. Why not just eliminate the anthem entirely?

This is a good question. However, I for one enjoy having a place where I still hear the anthem occasionally. If not for sports I would basically never hear it.
BomberPride

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2017, 11:41:00 AM »

I guarantee that Drs, nurses, personal care home workers and teachers have done more for Canada, our families and children in the last 40 years than any soldier but oddly we don't hold appreciation nights for them. I don't know about Canada but in the US those "appreciation" events are paid for by the military. If it didn't benefit them do you think they'd pay for it?

The Taliban in Afghanistan was not an issue for the US til they refused to allow a pipeline to run through the country carrying oil from the former Soviet Union. Oddly enough after the US invaded they installed a former exec, Karzai, from Unocal, (the company that built the pipeline) to run the country. Pretty coincidental.

Not to mention the Taliban had basically eradicated poppy production in that country. Now? It's at it's highest level ever. Perfect for a country that uses the CIA to sell drugs to finance it's wars.

We invaded a country that did nothing to us . . . support cultivation of drugs . . . are pillaging their natural resources and killing their citizens but I should just shut up and respect them? Hooray for freedom!!!

Sorry but I have more respect for them when they assist with things like natural disasters.

Btw . . . who's really "triggered" here?

I take it you've done a couple of tours overseas because you sound SO knowledgeable of what actually went on?

By all means, keep expressing your general ignorance towards the military. Make sure the next time you pass by a serviceman or woman say "thank you" for allowing you to have the freedom of expressing that opinion.

100% done.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?
ModAdmin
Administrator

Reaves,Cameron,Riley,Walby - Blue Bomber Legends

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »

As stated earlier, political discussions are not permitted as per the Code of Conduct. 

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: