Blue Bombers Forum
December 13, 2017, 02:09:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you think it's disrespectful for players to sit or kneel during the national anthem?  (Voting closed: October 08, 2017, 08:58:48 PM)
Yes - 7 (29.2%)
No - 15 (62.5%)
Undecided - 2 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kneeling/Sitting during the National Anthem  (Read 2888 times)
jets4life

« on: September 24, 2017, 08:58:48 PM »

I just thought I would put this question out there, since it's making huge news in the United States, with Trump and the NFL.
Jesse

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 09:31:57 PM »

It's all under the umbrella of free speech, imo.

Was I in their position today, after hearing the POTUS say they should be fired from their jobs for exercising their first amendment right, I'd be kneeling too.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 10:49:14 PM »

Mitch White (Argos) has joined the movement against Trump and for racial equality in the USA (retweet)

Interesting to see if other CFL players follow suit

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
gbill2004

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 10:54:30 PM »

Mitch White (Argos) has joined the movement against Trump and for racial equality in the USA (retweet)

Interesting to see if other CFL players follow suit

Riders locked arms during the anthem today.

Kevin Glenn has spoken out against Trump on Twitter.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 10:57:14 PM »

I think it's safe to assume everyone is against trump on that stupid remark!

It was a bloody ******** thing to say.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
pjrocksmb

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 11:00:43 PM »

Riders locked arms during the anthem today.

Kevin Glenn has spoken out against Trump on Twitter.

awesome

gbill2004

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 11:05:25 PM »

I think it's safe to assume everyone is against trump on that stupid remark!

It was a bloody ******** thing to say.
It's crazy, but LOTS of Americans supports Trumps comments. Mostly uneducated white Americans.
pjrocksmb

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 11:10:54 PM »

It's crazy, but LOTS of Americans supports Trumps comments. Mostly uneducated white Americans.
  agree
and rich racists

and religious right wing

pjrocksmb

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 11:15:44 PM »

I posted a similar discussion in CFL room, I didn't realize this was here, mod can join em if they want

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 11:49:17 PM »

Ugh it's ugly

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 11:59:19 PM »

I personally don't like it. To protest during an anthem to me is taking things to far.

But I understand why they are doing it down there. Things are so screwed up in the States!!

Not that things are perfect in Canada but down there things are screwed up unbelievably. Trumps statement was beyond idiocy however he is exposing the problems down there with his idiotic statements.

Could you imagine having to live in the states now?!?!?

Thanks but no thanks.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 12:22:57 AM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

jeremy q public

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2017, 12:47:02 AM »

Hard to believe there might be a topic that everybody on this board agrees on. But if such a thing exists, it would have to be this topic.
swansong

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 01:35:20 AM »

Nah. They're propagandized from birth to revere the flag, the anthem, the country. School kids still recite the pledge of allegiance in many states.

We have our own version of it here, as well. Like military appreciation night at games. It's really nothing more than advertising for military recruitment. Guys like Suitor get all weepy about how Canadian soldiers are fighting for our freedom, lol, as if. Unless things like guarding poppy fields in Afghanistan is for our "freedom" . . . or fighting in Syria is for anyone other than Israel and central bankers.

For the record I would be willing to bet that if you didn't stand or remove your hat during the anthem at a Bomber's game someone would get offended and call you out for it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 01:37:15 AM by swansong » Logged
gbill2004

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 01:42:41 AM »

Nah. They're propagandized from birth to revere the flag, the anthem, the country. School kids still recite the pledge of allegiance in many states.

We have our own version of it here, as well. Like military appreciation night at games. It's really nothing more than advertising for military recruitment. Guys like Suitor get all weepy about how Canadian soldiers are fighting for our freedom, lol, as if. Unless things like guarding poppy fields in Afghanistan is for our "freedom" . . . or fighting in Syria is for anyone other than Israel and central bankers.

For the record I would be willing to bet that if you didn't stand or remove your hat during the anthem at a Bomber's game someone would get offended and call you out for it.
Well there's those too but don't say "nah" to my previous comment when it is also accurate. A lot of those people you describe are white and uneducated.
NorthernSkunk

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 01:46:31 AM »

Do tuques  count as hats, cause I seen lots of those being worn at the Ottawa game Friday night
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: