Blue Bombers Forum
October 22, 2017, 12:39:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wholesale Sports closing its doors  (Read 552 times)
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« on: September 18, 2017, 01:34:38 PM »

http://globalnews.ca/news/3745273/12-wholesale-sports-stores-in-western-canada-closing-after-30-years/

Everything excluding firearms and ammunition are on sale from 10-30% off. Worth checking out if you're the outdoors/cottage going type!

Blue & Gold 'til I'm dead & cold.

You can't fix stupid.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 02:31:52 PM »

Was at the one here in Calgary on Friday, it was a madhouse.  That being said, most things were only 10% off, and the reality is Wholesale is typically 20 - 25% more expensive than the exact same thing you can find on Amazon or Ebay (and sometimes Cabelas or Bass Pro, but they're both pretty overpriced in Canada as well), which is why they are going out of business anyway.

Holding out for a couple of weeks to when prices go to 30 - 50% off and then see what's available.  Won't have my PAL certification by then, so it won't matter what the guns and ammo prices come down to.
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 03:05:44 PM »

Was at the one here in Calgary on Friday, it was a madhouse.  That being said, most things were only 10% off, and the reality is Wholesale is typically 20 - 25% more expensive than the exact same thing you can find on Amazon or Ebay (and sometimes Cabelas or Bass Pro, but they're both pretty overpriced in Canada as well), which is why they are going out of business anyway.

Holding out for a couple of weeks to when prices go to 30 - 50% off and then see what's available.  Won't have my PAL certification by then, so it won't matter what the guns and ammo prices come down to.

Yeah, I'm hoping that happens sooner than later. I grabbed a few things for my upcoming fly-out but I'd go back if prices dropped more in the near future.

You can't fix stupid.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 03:31:27 PM »

They want to wrap up operations by Christmas, so I'd suspect the next price drop will be early October.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 01:04:56 AM »

If people see deep,discounts please share

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
BlueInCgy

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 04:45:44 PM »

Was back there last Friday, same deals as before, relatively little stock has moved (it doesn't yet look like a store in liquidation mode, it looks like a store that needs a minor restock), they're also starting to clear out the warehouse with some brands/stuff I'd never seen there before.

Website has been completed taken down, which is weird, because I thought that was the medium they were going to keep the markdowns updated on.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 04:21:23 PM »

Price cuts deepened today.  Looks like 20% is now the standard, extending to 40% off (fishing tackle is 40% I believe).
blue_gold_84

Go BlueGolds!

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 04:53:40 PM »

Price cuts deepened today.  Looks like 20% is now the standard, extending to 40% off (fishing tackle is 40% I believe).

Excellent. Gonna stop by there on the way home from work today. Grin

You can't fix stupid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: