Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

No doubt  there's going to be some roster moves and Chevy is going to have some tough calls to make to fit under the cap, but when it comes to Stasney, I d keep him over Little

It seems the Jets were pressing and taking the play to vegas the last 3 games but couldn't buy a bounce. Fleury was unbelievable as well and was the difference in the series.

The Jets speed game seemed to slow down as this series wore on and they looked tired today but pressing and taking the play to a team in a game will wear you out.

Great season by the Jets. It's been a long , long time since I ve seen this province amped up the way it was.

Now onto the Bombers. Offense is better and  Can't wait to see Biggie lay down the law on defense!!!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on May 21, 2018, 01:16:41 AM
I?m not even mad about being out of the playoffs. I could sense it coming with how the series was going and I guess mentally prepared for this. This team had a fantastic run and the experience that these young guys got was huge! How fun was this season and playoff run? Winnipeg has a great thing going and I hope this is just the start of a contender team streak for many years.  I really hope Chevy can find a way to sign Stastny, but I?m not sure that can happen. I?m looking forward to an even better 2018-2019 season! And don?t forget, The Hockey News predicted the Jets as 2019 Stanley Cup champs  ;) On to the Bombers!

I agree with pretty much everything you said. I saw it coming as well that?s why I didn not really make any plans at all for todays game other than staying at home to watch.
Stastny will not be back I would be surprised do not know how he fits under the cap the Jets have a few UFA and RFAs coming.  
No injuries but clearly guys like Liane, Connor, Ehlers maybe even Morrissey hit a wall physically.

I am surprised more injuries weren?t disclosed. Little and the entire 4th line went missing as well.

Ryan Reeves can take a hike! No free drinks and dinners in tHis town buddy!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jockitch

Fleury stole a couple of games, as did HellB vs the Preds., but did not need to steal this one. 
Though I was found to be way off in my bias towards the Jets, I can't help but be impressed in how Vegas cut off the ice & use their sticks to simply poke check constantly.

Truly was thrilled with the 99 games & the success of the tenacious, skilled Jets & their organization. It was a fantastic year for all fans.
Though no guarantee for next season, one cannot help but be excited for a duplicate & hopefully better run.

P.S. ..... Roslovic is so talented.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

gbill2004

Quote from: dd on May 21, 2018, 02:29:35 AM
No doubt  there's going to be some roster moves and Chevy is going to have some tough calls to make to fit under the cap, but when it comes to Stasney, I d keep him over Little

It seems the Jets were pressing and taking the play to vegas the last 3 games but couldn't buy a bounce. Fleury was unbelievable as well and was the difference in the series.

The Jets speed game seemed to slow down as this series wore on and they looked tired today but pressing and taking the play to a team in a game will wear you out.

Great season by the Jets. It's been a long , long time since I ve seen this province amped up the way it was.

Now onto the Bombers. Offense is better and  Can't wait to see Biggie lay down the law on defense!!!!
Little just signed for 6 more years and has a NMC.

theaardvark

Quote from: gbill2004 on May 21, 2018, 10:23:36 AM
Little just signed for 6 more years and has a NMC.

The only option for keeping Stasny over Little is a buyout...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

PloenFan

Here is a link to the Jets' players contract status:

https://www.nhl.com/jets/team/playertracker

It looks as if the following starters have contracts up for renewal:

Forwards: starters - Stastny, Lowry, Armia, Tanev (backups - Matthias, Dano, Petan, Hendricks)
Defencemen: starters - Enstrom, Trouba, Morrissey (backups - Poolman, Morrow)
Goalies: starters - Hellebuyck (backups - Hutchinson, Comrie)

Also about ten Moose players with contracts up for renewal.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on May 21, 2018, 02:01:46 PM
The only option for keeping Stasny over Little is a buyout...
I'd say there is zero chance Little is bought out prior to his 6 year contract kicking in.  There are other options to keep Stastny, but buying out Little is not one of them.   

dd

Wow, Ehlers gets a big pay raise July 1.

gbill2004

Quote from: dd on May 21, 2018, 06:21:52 PM
His contract was signed prior to the star of the season. 

blue_or_die

Amazing year and super fun thread, folks! Thanks to the Jets and awesome fans like yourselves.

Go Bombers!!
#Ride?

theaardvark

Quote from: dd on May 21, 2018, 06:21:52 PM

Ehlers is tied up on a fantastic deal for Winnipeg... only the fact that Scheifele is on an even better one makes this deal look big...

I love that Stasny is "leaving things open" about resigning here, but there is no way we can give him anything while Little's deal is on the books... would I rather have Stasny than Little?  I think anyone would, but how do you move that contract... 

We went from a team that was short on LD and C to one that now has too many...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

also would like to say how much I enjoyed the favorable opinions, critic, relative info & the shared excitement by the fans on this forum.
It truly has been a fantastic 2017-18 Rise Together months of exhilaration & heart warming fun.

Let's keep it rolling with input for the weeks leading up to the Draft this June & of course beyond that.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Truly an incredible - and historic - campaign by the Jets. Back in early October, would anyone have predicted the end result?

This team is in great shape and I can't wait for next season!
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

PloenFan

This article about Patrick Laine had me going, until I read the disclaimer at the bottom !  ;)

https://cipptvportagelaprairie.com/2018/01/04/patrik-laines-cousin-explains-reason-behind-mennonite-beard/

BomberPride

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on May 21, 2018, 01:16:41 AM
I'm not even mad about being out of the playoffs. I could sense it coming with how the series was going and I guess mentally prepared for this.

Same.

Still proud of this team. What an incredible year for Helly. When the whole team produces the way it has, you notice every player brings something key to the table.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?