Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

yes that is all I saw as well ......... wondered if it was "malaise" again (snicker, snicker)
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 17, 2018, 03:48:58 PM
But then why did the Jets win the first game?

Coming off a huge game 7 win and all the excitment and energy from it. Also Vegas might not have had their legs after the layoff.

The Jets will get it together and get it done.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

dd

Final 4 teams are all very good. It comes down to who makes the least amount of errors. Helley botched a couple and that was that, but hey, the guys stolen games for us all year and is the primary reason we be made it this far. Off nights happen. He ll bounce back and we ll crush these guys

blue_or_die

I would be a lot more nervous this morning if the Jets looked like crap last game, but aside from a weak sauce start, we played great. Just need to keep our foot on the gas and eventually we'll beat Fleury a few times.

Now that they've played one at home, I don't expect them to be able to explode and score at 0:25 again. That'll throw any team off. I expect a hard fought game and when we are both at our best, I think we are the better team.
#Ride?

The Zipp

If we can win the first period - play like we did for periods 2 and 3 we should win unless MAF is completely dialed in again.  Slow start and down by 2 goals and it is a tough climb at that point. 

The mistakes are what is frustrating me - couple of bad line changes, lack of focus and that can put you in a hole. 

A little bit of puck luck wouldn?t hurt either. 

blue_or_die

I must say I've really been enjoying all the Friday evening playoff games we've been getting. Sure is a fun way to kick off the weekend! Also, the Sunday afternoon one should be fun, too!

...providing the outcomes of course, lol...
#Ride?

bluengold204

Quote from: Jockitch on May 17, 2018, 10:17:48 PM
yes that is all I saw as well ......... wondered if it was "malaise" again (snicker, snicker)

Now the Jets are saying Ehlers is sick and not injured.  He is available for tonight tho.

https://www.tsn.ca/jets-ehlers-illness-available-for-game-4-1.1089262

TrueBlue75

Those quick response goals by Vegas are absolutely killing the Jets. They can?t even build up momentum for a full minute. Helly?s been having brain cramps with his puck handling around the net. 20 minutes (or more if OT) to determine if the Jets come home facing elimination or all tied up. I?m not nearly as confident as I was after game one...

The Zipp

Mistakes a plenty. 

We are into miracle time now...

The Zipp

TrueBlue75

Well, it?s been a great ride this season. Tough to see the dream slipping away...

swansong

They were out skated and out fore checked for 40+ minutes tonight. I don't know what's happened to them.

Their passes are sloppy...they aren't skating as fast as they've been for 2 series...the fore check of the Knights is pressuring them into poor passes and giving away the puck.

It's been a hell of an exciting run but I just don't see them taking 3 straight from the Knights. Shame really.

Jockitch

this just defies logic ............ I still believe but right now I'm just in speechless mode.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

dd

We totally outplayed them, fleury stood on his head, and we let another softie in, and it?s absolutely killing us.

Our backs are against the wall and we have to win 3 in a row. Odds are against us, which figures, after all we are playing Vegas!!

buckzumhoff

No big stops by Hellebuyck. when you need them. jets outplayed them. Nice goal by Meyers. Like to see them insert a few players.