Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckzumhoff

Jockitch

Before tonights ....... our depth is not goal producing.
Our regular RH Dmen have 10 goals while our regular LH Dmen have zero in the playoffs.
Scheif, Conman & Wheels have been absolutely fantastic & they are at 18 goals (not counting Scheif's 2 tonight so far)
Stats at 6, laine at 4 & Ehlers with zippo are getting some chances but are not happening enough.
Our last six regular forwards are a Producing Disaster,......... Tanev has 4 & the rest total 5.

If jets are going to progress ........ the rest need to make a lot more happen & finish on their offensive plays
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Jockitch on May 17, 2018, 03:27:38 AM
Before tonights ....... our depth is not goal producing.
Our regular RH Dmen have 10 goals while our regular LH Dmen have zero in the playoffs.
Scheif, Conman & Wheels have been absolutely fantastic & they are at 18 goals (not counting Scheif's 2 tonight so far)
Stats at 6, laine at 4 & Ehlers with zippo are getting some chances but are not happening enough.
Our last six regular forwards are a Producing Disaster,......... Tanev has 4 & the rest total 5.

If jets are going to progress ........ the rest need to make a lot more happen & finish on their offensive plays

Vegas had a week to watch us. They have sorta figured it out.

Im not one to complain about Reffing but this game it sucked.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_gold_84

Quote from: buckzumhoff on May 17, 2018, 02:25:57 AM
What is hellebucyk doing.

Getting little to no help at inopportune times. Hellebuyck's success this season and postseason has benefited considerably from the play in front of him. He's been hung out pretty badly the last two games and it's reminded me quite a bit of 2016-17: poorly timed pinches, lousy/lazy back-checking, poor stick/body positioning. Committing these errors in the playoffs is costly more often than not.

Anyway, an ugly start and then down by one way too early. Get the equalizer... And then crap the bed 12 seconds later. The boys finally got their collective act together in the third but Fleury was already dialed in by then and that was that.

This team has got to be better on Friday and bring the series home tied. They can ill afford to go down 3-1 against this team. Cleaning up the mistakes has to be top priority. The errors they've committed the last two games have basically all wound up in the back of the net.

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on May 17, 2018, 04:06:53 AM
Vegas had a week to watch us. They have sorta figured it out.

Not sure I buy that. The Jets knew they'd be facing this team before the series vs. the Predators had ended. They knew who their opponent would be and that showed in game 1 of this series. To me, it looks like they've underestimated the Knights' speed and skill and have now paid for it in back-to-back games. They appeared to have figured it out tonight and really laid it on in the final frame, but now they have to carry that momentum into game 4 if they have any hope of making this a best of three.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 17, 2018, 04:20:29 AM
Getting little to no help at inopportune times. Hellebuyck's success this season and postseason has benefited considerably from the play in front of him. He's been hung out pretty badly the last two games and it's reminded me quite a bit of 2016-17: poorly timed pinches, lousy/lazy back-checking, poor stick/body positioning. Committing these errors in the playoffs is costly more often than not.

Anyway, an ugly start and then down by one way too early. Get the equalizer... And then crap the bed 12 seconds later. The boys finally got their collective act together in the third but Fleury was already dialed in by then and that was that.

This team has got to be better on Friday and bring the series home tied. They can ill afford to go down 3-1 against this team. Cleaning up the mistakes has to be top priority. The errors they've committed the last two games have basically all wound up in the back of the net.

Not sure I buy that. The Jets knew they'd be facing this team before the series vs. the Predators had ended. They knew who their opponent would be and that showed in game 1 of this series. To me, it looks like they've underestimated the Knights' speed and skill and have now paid for it in back-to-back games. They appeared to have figured it out tonight and really laid it on in the final frame, but now they have to carry that momentum into game 4 if they have any hope of making this a best of three.

Buy it or not....  Vegas was watching and resting as we were playing games.

I have faith we win this. Just have to figure it out.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Jockitch

Include me also in having faith that the Jets will win the series .......... however, the depth players have to finish & the lazy mistakes & mental errors cleaned up.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

BomberPride

This team in general has been far from perfect the last two games. Credit the Knights for capitalizing on our errors. Agree with blue_gold_84; helly's errors were costly, but there is definitely blame to share. They discussed this on the panel during the 2nd intermission. Helly's weakness are his backhands behind the net. A lot of "should've's" for this game. He's GOT to be better and we cannot afford a 3-1 deficit heading home.

I always had a soft spot for Fleury when the Pens became my go-to team in the absence of the jets, but last night, I hated him lol
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 17, 2018, 04:20:29 AM

I can't speak for Bukzumoff but I think he was referring to Helle's poor play of the puck right onto the stick of a Knight to score the second(?) goal.

I for one thought he did/is doing pretty well considering Vegas has done a great job capitalizing on our mistakes and getting breakaways and 2 on 1's, etc. He's making the routine saves when we need them.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on May 17, 2018, 04:51:49 AM
Buy it or not....  Vegas was watching and resting as we were playing games.

I have faith we win this. Just have to figure it out.

But then why did the Jets win the first game?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

trapper

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 17, 2018, 03:48:58 PM
But then why did the Jets win the first game?

Because they scored more goals  ;D

Watching the game last night....I can't recall two faster teams playing...you blink and you miss something good.  Hoping Winnipeg gets to the Final of course...but couldn't complain about 7 games.

Stretch

Quote from: trapper on May 17, 2018, 04:53:51 PM
couldn't complain about 7 games.

I don't think my blood pressure can take four more games of this.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

trapper

Quote from: Stretch on May 17, 2018, 05:13:35 PM
I don't think my blood pressure can take four more games of this.

Ya, I'm not a true Jets fan....I cheer for any Canadian Teams.  I did follow LV this year though...I LOVE underdog / cinderella stories... The Jets are a special story with the years and history they had...couldn't imagine the Stanley Cup landing in a better place than Winnipeg.

blue_or_die

Quote from: trapper on May 17, 2018, 05:43:57 PM
Ya, I'm not a true Jets fan....I cheer for any Canadian Teams.  I did follow LV this year though...I LOVE underdog / cinderella stories... The Jets are a special story with the years and history they had...couldn't imagine the Stanley Cup landing in a better place than Winnipeg.

Thanks trapper!
#Ride?

Jockitch

unfortunately did not hear why Ehlers sat out .......... can anyone supply the reason used or update of such.

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

bluengold204

Quote from: Jockitch on May 17, 2018, 06:49:46 PM
unfortunately did not hear why Ehlers sat out .......... can anyone supply the reason used or update of such.

doesn't really help all i heard was an 'undisclosed' injury

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/23525731/jets-winger-nikolaj-ehlers-misses-game-3-vs-golden-knights-undisclosed-injury