Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Win one, lose one... means they win the SC in 7...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

BomberPride

I saw a lot of flashes from game #6 against the Preds. That being said I don't think we played as abysmal. Jets had their chances, but in the end just couldn't find the back of the net. Vegas won the stick battle that's for sure, and played hard man on man.

Don Cherry predicted the Jets in 6. Certainly looks that way now.
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

theaardvark

For them to clinch at home, they would have lose at least one game... so we've gotten that out of the way...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

A crappy loss but I wouldn't say the Jets were terrible last night. The handful of glaring errors made were simply costly and ended in the back of the net. If a few bounces go the other way, maybe we're talking about a 2-0 series lead.

They seem to bounce back from these losses, though. So, I expect a better game tomorrow in Sin City.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

bluengold204

Needed to capitalize on Fleury shakey play off the start.  Unfortunately we didn't and had some really bad giveaways, Connor coughing it up in the neutral zone that led to the second goal was pretty bad.

Stretch

Quote from: bluengold204 on May 15, 2018, 01:38:22 PM
Connor coughing it up in the neutral zone that led to the second goal was pretty bad.

And Trouba's ill-timed pinch that led to goal #3.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

TrueBlue75

Quote from: bluengold204 on May 15, 2018, 01:38:22 PM
Needed to capitalize on Fleury shakey play off the start.  Unfortunately we didn't and had some really bad giveaways, Connor coughing it up in the neutral zone that led to the second goal was pretty bad.

I wouldn't put that one all on Connor. He never fully got control of the puck, and the rest of the line bailed before making sure the puck got into the offensive zone. That whole line messed up.

bluengold204

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on May 15, 2018, 06:25:39 PM
I wouldn't put that one all on Connor. He never fully got control of the puck, and the rest of the line bailed before making sure the puck got into the offensive zone. That whole line messed up.

Yeah it was definitely a **** line change

blue_gold_84

So, just an observation about yesterday's game but there was no fly-by again.

Since the Jets introduced the fly-by in round 2, their home record is 2-3. In their two wins, there were fly-bys. In their three losses, there were not.

Interesting coincidence.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

bluengold204

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 16, 2018, 01:15:05 AM
So, just an observation about yesterday's game but there was no fly-by again.

Since the Jets introduced the fly-by in round 2, their home record is 2-3. In their two wins, there were fly-bys. In their three losses, there were not.

Interesting coincidence.

Definitely need more fly bys

blue_or_die

#Ride?

Stretch

Quote from: blue_or_die on May 16, 2018, 02:18:27 PM
More fodder against the flatbillies:

http://www.ckom.com/2018/05/15/golden-knights-mascot-makes-sask-stop-to-rally-team-support/?sc_ref=direct

If you can't be 'em, hate 'em I guess...

"They say mean things to us." Yeah, and everything they say to Bomber fans who are in Saskatchewan is warm and welcoming.

Boo hoo.... ::)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

TrueBlue75

Quote from: blue_or_die on May 16, 2018, 02:18:27 PM
More fodder against the flatbillies:

http://www.ckom.com/2018/05/15/golden-knights-mascot-makes-sask-stop-to-rally-team-support/?sc_ref=direct

If you can't be 'em, hate 'em I guess...

Boy, they really do have attention issues in Saskatchewan, lol! Poor Sask, so desperate to find a way to bring media attention your way, hey? It really is funny. I could care less that they are pushing to swing fans to cheer for Vegas. As for Vegas, I just hope for their sake that they can maintain their attendance and fan base when they inevitably have a year where the team sucks. It's mighty easy to jump on the bandwagon when the team is pushing for a cup, but much harder to stick with the team in the tough times. Time will tell...

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on May 16, 2018, 04:57:27 PM
Boy, they really do have attention issues in Saskatchewan, lol! Poor Sask, so desperate to find a way to bring media attention your way, hey? It really is funny. I could care less that they are pushing to swing fans to cheer for Vegas. As for Vegas, I just hope for their sake that they can maintain their attendance and fan base when they inevitably have a year where the team sucks. It's mighty easy to jump on the bandwagon when the team is pushing for a cup, but much harder to stick with the team in the tough times. Time will tell...

Ok screw Sasksbush every LDC I go to the locals are always the Jets this the Jets that like there from Manitoba. This makes a whole ton of sense!

The ?personalities? are as dumb as Rod Pederson
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jockitch

Crap -- no Ehlers.   Young Roslovic will keep the Knights busy chasing his energy.

OOOOOOPS ........ down by 1 virtually immediately
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE