Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueBlue75

I think Vegas may have been caught off guard with how the Jets played last night. They have not nearly had the level of intensity in their previous series that the Jets have. If the Jets play, and in particular start, this way each game of the series, they?ll win the series no problem. Dare I even say a sweep... Tomorrow we?ll see how Vegas responds.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Colton on May 13, 2018, 08:08:07 AM
4 games the caliber they played Game 1 would sweep any of the three remaining teams.

Yup.... I agree
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

Laine:  Buff's goal "was kind of a muffin"...

Curious, what does that mean?  I'm not familiar with the use of that term...

[EDIT]
OK...  thanks wiki..

Muffin
    A shot that wavers in the air when traveling towards the goal, usually used in recognition of a goal that should have been stopped, or a bad shot.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on May 13, 2018, 03:05:37 PM
Laine:  Buff's goal "was kind of a muffin"...

Curious, what does that mean?  I'm not familiar with the use of that term...

[EDIT]
OK...  thanks wiki..

Muffin
    A shot that wavers in the air when traveling towards the goal, usually used in recognition of a goal that should have been stopped, or a bad shot.

Soft n mushy

The Zipp

Wow.  Capitals power play sure looks like the Jets.  What a match up that would be...

The Zipp

Will be shocked if it isn?t wash vs win for the cup.  Tampa had an easy road and it shows now

sweep the leg

Quote from: The Zipp on May 14, 2018, 02:45:08 AM
Will be shocked if it isn?t wash vs win for the cup.  Tampa had an easy road and it shows now

Boston had the 4th best record in the NHL this year.

blue_or_die

Quote from: sweep the leg on May 14, 2018, 01:00:38 PM

They sure didn't play like that was the case these playoffs. Perhaps even the upper echelon teams in the Atlantic were also not so great and had the benefit of beating up all the Buffalos all year.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: sweep the leg on May 14, 2018, 01:00:38 PM

And then they stunk in the playoffs.

Quote from: blue_or_die on May 14, 2018, 01:24:59 PM
They sure didn't play like that was the case these playoffs. Perhaps even the upper echelon teams in the Atlantic were also not so great and had the benefit of beating up all the Buffalos all year.

Don't forget Ottawa, Montreal, and Detroit. The Atlantic division was 50% a dumpster fire this season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_or_die

In all honesty I'm feeling very good about tonight. I'm trying not to feel "cocky"- Vegas isn't going to roll over and die and we can't expect every game this series to be the first period of G1. What I do want, though, is to go up 2-0 before having to play on the road so that we have a good cushion and are in good position to win after we come back home (or dare I say not have to worry about winning any more games at home after our Vegas trip?  :o)
#Ride?

Jockitch

we needed to beat the Flower on that PP to start the 3rd.  Vegas is playing us tough & close
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

TrueBlue75

Here we go again...solid win followed by a lacklustre, flat next game. What gives? No counterpunch at all for the way Vegas started the game.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on May 15, 2018, 02:36:54 AM
Here we go again...solid win followed by a lacklustre, flat next game. What gives? No counterpunch at all for the way Vegas started the game.

Not a great game.

Looked a lil slow and tired. Maybe being away from home will give them a jump.

Jockitch

Felt there was a lot of Jet individual attempts/rushes ....... perhaps a breakdown of film would show how Vegas took away the pass
No finish on the PP to start the 3rd was a killer.

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Jockitch on May 15, 2018, 03:01:19 AM
Felt there was a lot of Jet individual attempts/rushes ....... perhaps a breakdown of film would show how Vegas took away the pass
No finish on the PP to start the 3rd was a killer.

They all tried to win it on their own rather then a team tonight.

They will bounce back.