Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on May 04, 2018, 11:03:14 PM
Can we move on now?.....I was hearing some people are saying Helly looks tired. And the pucks are going right through him......think he will rebound with a big game in Nashville.....or is he maybe burnt out ?
Who said Helle looks tired?  Where did you hear that?

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on May 04, 2018, 11:01:02 PM
Really it wasn't that great. I bet it doesn't get used much more...or ever in the future.

It's just that the jet rink is more than " a bit" quiet at times....An it's for long stretches.

The white out just doesn't seem very original....new team new ideas I look for.

Nashville was super quiet for along time also.

The Whiteout is famous all over the NHL. And its not origanal its tradition. No other team has it.

As for Helly tired or burnt out?  Not sure who said that ..Ive not heard it. but last nights game had nothing to do with his play. Nash just came out got a lead and played the trap and we didnt react to it very well.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

PloenFan

Very pleased with the play of our team - we've shown we can compete with Minnie and Nashville.
Hopefully Kyle Connor can start scoring goals like his line mates Scheif and Wheels.
Ehlers has created some chances with his speed, and hopefully he is rewarded with some goals.
Also, would like to see Perreault and Morrow in the lineup soon.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: gbill2004 on May 04, 2018, 11:08:12 PM

I havent heard that . He looked pretty good. Last nights game had nothing to do with Hellys play at all.

We got sucked into the trap and the players and Maurice didnt react to it.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: PloenFan on May 04, 2018, 11:12:28 PM
Very pleased with the play of our team - we've shown we can compete with Minnie and Nashville.
Hopefully Kyle Connor can start scoring goals like his line mates Scheif and Wheels.
Ehlers has created some chances with his speed, and hopefully he is rewarded with some goals.
Also, would like to see Perreault and Morrow in the lineup soon.

This.

buckzumhoff

Really it wasn't that great. I bet it doesn't get used much more...or ever in the future.

It's just that the jet rink is more than " a bit" quiet at times....An it's for long stretches.

The white out just doesn't seem very original, it looks more like a costume party with people trying to get on tv because of their goofy outfits.........new team new ideas I look for.

[/quote.  I think you?re just biased against Winnipeg if you are from Thompson I can see why you are upset. I hate going there too ,  but I only work there maybe 2 weeks a year.

New_Earth_Mud

The white out just doesn't seem very original, it looks more like a costume party with people trying to get on tv because of their goofy outfits.........new team new ideas I look for.

Again i have to ask.... Do you even watch sports?

Every team in sports has a bunch of people that do this. They have been doing it for years and years. Its got nothing at all to do with Winnipeg or the Whiteout.

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: gbill2004 on May 04, 2018, 11:08:12 PM

I was talking hockey with my son today and he said he was listening to it on tv somewhere....sorry I didn't ask him who was saying it. We just started discussing how there have been some pucks go through him pretty easy.

PS my son was a hockey goalie.

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: buckzumhoff on May 04, 2018, 11:36:10 PM

[/quote.  I think you?re just biased against Winnipeg if you are from Thompson I can see why you are upset. I hate going there too ,  but I only work there maybe 2 weeks a year.

Lol. Try again. I love the Bombers.

GOLDMEMBER

I do not get Hendricks playing at all. He?s hard to watch as he is completely ineffective

I pray he is not active next game.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_or_die

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on May 04, 2018, 11:03:14 PM
Can we move on now?.....I was hearing some people are saying Helly looks tired. And the pucks are going right through him......think he will rebound with a big game in Nashville.....or is he maybe burnt out ?

lol. Yes, let's "move on"....to another baiting comment.

Hellebuyck may have let in some weak ones but he's playing out of his mind and is obviously the primary reason the Jets have gotten as far as they have.

Can we move on now? Because no one else is thinking that.
#Ride?

Stretch

Rinne let Laine?s shot right through him at the end of the last game. That must mean he?s tired.  ::)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: blue_or_die on May 05, 2018, 02:00:59 PM
lol. Yes, let's "move on"....to another baiting comment.

Hellebuyck may have let in some weak ones but he's playing out of his mind and is obviously the primary reason the Jets have gotten as far as they have.

Can we move on now? Because no one else is thinking that.

Hasn't it been like 4 out of the last 5, or 5 out of 6 goals on helly that could be deemed kinda weak goals though....

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on May 05, 2018, 04:04:53 PM
Hasn't it been like 4 out of the last 5, or 5 out of 6 goals on helly that could be deemed kinda weak goals though....

Nope. Some have been a bit weak forsure. Happens to every goalie not just Helly.

For example look at Rinne. His last game was not bad but the games before that hes let in a ton of weak goals. He was even pulled. Why dont you mention that? If you are not just a troll you would look at things like this. But we all know how that goes.

Helly is 23 and has never played this many games. Rinne is 35 and has been through al this before.

2 of the leagues best on 2 of the leagues best teams. Both will have weak goals go in sometimes.

But of course you wont mention Rinne because your only here to bash our team and the fans.

dd

That?s all he does. If he isn?t ragging on helly and the jets, it?s nichols and the bombers, yet the mods let him go on and on. I ve drastically cut back on using this forum as I m tired of it, he?s the brad marchant of this Forum.