Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on May 04, 2018, 05:47:37 AM
He looked so nasty sitting on Hartnell trying to look like he didn't know what was happening. Lol. So nasty.

Yeah, it wasn't like Byfuglien got dragged down by that ginger plug or anything...
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

bluengold204

blue_or_die

Credit to the Preds who were able to stay calm, turn the few bounces/opportunities in this game into a couple goals, and then turn it into the most boring 30 mins of hockey I've watched all year. It was like watching a Saturday noon game against New Jersey in November. Clogged up the neutral zone and didn't give us anything.

I hate how there's 2 on the road now if we get to 7, but I'm not necessarily worries because I think the Jets would be suited to take a day and give the same game to Nashville who will be trying to fire up their arena like us, and hopefully make a lot of mistakes while doing that.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on May 04, 2018, 01:26:02 PM
Got Hartnell and Hartman mixed up. It happens.

Fair enough. While I disagree with your comment on Hartnell being a difference maker last night, the rest of your post was pretty spot on. The Jets looked dull and slow for the majority of last night's contest and failed to make any adjustments as the game went on.

If Rinne doesn't make that insane butt-end stick save, we're probably talking about a much better result today. He was fantastic last night, especially early on when the Jets had a few really nice chances. Subban had a heck of a game, too.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

I think the Jets ended up squeezing sticks as the game went on, and there were far too many of them watching themselves missing opportunities on the jumbotron and rolling their eyes skyward after missing golden opportunities, and not enough of them bearing down and doubling the effort to not miss the next one...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

While it is great to have such an amazing team making such an amazing run, one thing to remember... we are the underdogs in this series, we do not have home advantage.  No excuses, but I've heard a couple people already complaining that this series should have been over in 4...  which is such a load of crap.  If we win in 6 or 7, that will be amazing, and what I am hoping for... but taking the President's Trophy team to 7 games is a huge deal too. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 04, 2018, 01:23:17 PM
Yeah, it wasn't like Byfuglien got dragged down by that ginger plug or anything...

Lol....they tussled and went to the the ice....buff looked silly sitting on him after that

And the arena is quiet during the game.....barely a go jets go chant maybe every 7-8 minutes...looks like everyone is sitting on their hands while the play goes on.

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: theaardvark on May 04, 2018, 03:22:20 PM
While it is great to have such an amazing team making such an amazing run, one thing to remember... we are the underdogs in this series, we do not have home advantage.  No excuses, but I've heard a couple people already complaining that this series should have been over in 4...  which is such a load of crap.  If we win in 6 or 7, that will be amazing, and what I am hoping for... but taking the President's Trophy team to 7 games is a huge deal too. 

Sounds like you are preparing for a second round exit.

theaardvark

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on May 04, 2018, 03:25:37 PM
Sounds like you are preparing for a second round exit.

Not preparing for, just not ready to throw my jersey on the ice if it happens.

Stretch

Quote from: theaardvark on May 04, 2018, 03:22:20 PMNo excuses, but I've heard a couple people already complaining that this series should have been over in 4... 

Who said that? Most predictions I've heard from the experts (namely TSN and Sportsnet) have this series going 7, so they still have a chance to be right.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

theaardvark

Quote from: Stretch on May 04, 2018, 03:37:59 PM
Who said that? Most predictions I've heard from the experts (namely TSN and Sportsnet) have this series going 7, so they still have a chance to be right.

People... on the street... just people, not pundits or reporters, just folks.

blue_or_die

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on May 04, 2018, 03:24:10 PM
Lol....they tussled and went to the the ice....buff looked silly sitting on him after that

And the arena is quiet during the game.....barely a go jets go chant maybe every 7-8 minutes...looks like everyone is sitting on their hands while the play goes on.

Buff was pulled onto him and he sat there on him. It was hilarious and tit-for-tat what happens in a physical series.

Also, typically when one team is not able to get anything going all game, fans lose their steam. I would suggest you watch a few more hockey games. Football and soccer are also good examples of sports, if you're considering an interest in them and learning about how they work.
#Ride?

buckzumhoff

The jets need to win one of the next two games. I think forcing a game seven in Nashville will put them on the spot. Winnipeg I think has outscored Nashville.  If we win in Nashville they comeback here down ,if Jets  lose they have to win one game here. Winnipeg is not the favourite to win the series.  If it goes seven Nashville will play fast and Winnipeg should just do what they went re doing. Fast backchecking taking away the 3 on 2 and 2 on 1s.  Jets got to play the players more evenly like trouba.  Last game was one of those games where the puck just doesn?t go in .  Hits a stick or a s skate the wrong way. Go jets , just play ,  we?re .500 in Nashville .

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: blue_or_die on May 04, 2018, 04:30:36 PM
Buff was pulled onto him and he sat there on him. It was hilarious and tit-for-tat what happens in a physical series.

Also, typically when one team is not able to get anything going all game, fans lose their steam. I would suggest you watch a few more hockey games. Football and soccer are also good examples of sports, if you're considering an interest in them and learning about how they work.

However he got there.....he looked silly when he should have been getting up and back into the play

There is a big difference when watching a game start in Nashville compared to Winnipeg...and then as the game progresses.....did the jet fans ever all get on their feet even once to cheer when the team needed a boost ?......