Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

Nashville Predators forward Kevin Fiala will be a healthy scratch tonight in favour of Scott Hartnell. #StandWithUs 

The Zipp

Buff Has done some stupid things and so has Hartnell and a bunch of other players...I can see where non-jets fans would be annoyed at Buff.  Not Marchand level of dirty but he has an edge for sure. 

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on May 03, 2018, 11:53:58 PM
Buff Has done some stupid things and so has Hartnell and a bunch of other players...I can see where non-jets fans would be annoyed at Buff.  Not Marchand level of dirty but he has an edge for sure. 
Buff plays a heavy, physical game. But I wouldn?t say he?s dirty or tries to intentionally injur other players.

The Zipp

Quote from: gbill2004 on May 03, 2018, 11:59:19 PM
Buff plays a heavy, physical game. But I wouldn?t say he?s dirty or tries to intentionally injur other players.

The dude whose head he cross checked into the ice might disagree.  Nobody can judge intention but Buff has made some really dumb plays - thankfully he hasn?t done it often enough to likely be labelled as ?dirty? but he sure has had moments

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on May 04, 2018, 12:10:22 AM
The dude whose head he cross checked into the ice might disagree.  Nobody can judge intention but Buff has made some really dumb plays - thankfully he hasn?t done it often enough to likely be labelled as ?dirty? but he sure has had moments
Ya I definitely don?t think Buff has a reputation of being a dirty player. I?m expecting some dirty from Hartnell tonight.

NorthernSkunk

would you consider all the slashing that is done in hockey these days as "dirty"...?

The Zipp

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on May 04, 2018, 12:47:54 AM
would you consider all the slashing that is done in hockey these days as "dirty"...?

There are different degrees and all can be penalties.  Every penalty for slashing isn't dirty. A two handed chop that does nothing but look like someone is chopping wood is a dirty play.  Doesn't mean that makes the player a dirty player either.  Do it a bunch of times and that descriptor might have merit. 

Emotions can run wild and cause a player to do dumb things.  Rinne's slash last game was bad - he got a penalty...but I don't classify him as a dirty player..

gbill2004

No surprises from #NHLJets pre-game warm-up. Matt Hendricks is on the ice, so is Joel Armia, Jack Rolsovic and Mathieu Perreault are not. Armia is in for Roslovic, it would appear. But that was how it looked this morning as well.

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: The Zipp on May 04, 2018, 12:54:25 AM
There are different degrees and all can be penalties.  Every penalty for slashing isn't dirty. A two handed chop that does nothing but look like someone is chopping wood is a dirty play.  Doesn't mean that makes the player a dirty player either.  Do it a bunch of times and that descriptor might have merit. 

Emotions can run wild and cause a player to do dumb things.  Rinne's slash last game was bad - he got a penalty...but I don't classify him as a dirty player..

That's what I was thinking....so many different scenarios and levels of "dirty".... I would use the term dirty more when a player is intentionally out to injure

NorthernSkunk

NorthernSkunk

I think the jets had more chances but preds up 1......

NorthernSkunk

Cherry..." Laines' stupid beard"......wow

The Zipp

Preda have the jets locked down.  And now the preds go on the power play. 

NorthernSkunk

Buff for slashing....too funny lol.......preds score while I type

The Zipp

This might be the best the preds have played defensively all series