Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on May 03, 2018, 06:30:34 PM
Maybe they are thinking hes tougher to go against Buff?

Maybe. Ken Wiebe speculates Fiala could be banged up, so I have no idea.

And he also made it sound like Weber will take Emelin's spot on defense tonight.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on May 03, 2018, 06:40:24 PM
Maybe Laviolette read this?  https://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2010/06/03/byfuglien_struggles_hartnell_dominates_in_stanley_cup_final.html 

He wouldn't have to, as he was the head coach of the Flyers in 2010. That being said, I doubt what happened nearly a decade ago holds any water today, especially when you consider Byfuglien played forward back then for the Blackhawks.

In any case, I'm with Wiebe on this one. Fiala's gotta be banged up.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 03, 2018, 06:49:19 PM
He wouldn't have to, as he was the head coach of the Flyers in 2010. That being said, I doubt what happened nearly a decade ago holds any water today, especially when you consider Byfuglien played forward back then for the Blackhawks.

In any case, I'm with Wiebe on this one. Fiala's gotta be banged up.
It was a joke.

blue_or_die

#Ride?

gbill2004

My concern is Hartnell is in the lineup tonight to play dirty and possibly injur some Jets.

The Zipp

Stress eating already...had McDonalds, currently at Tutti Frutti, been to sobeys for snacks and cookie supplies...

TrueBlue75

Quote from: The Zipp on May 03, 2018, 11:06:01 PM
Stress eating already...had McDonalds, currently at Tutti Frutti, been to sobeys for snacks and cookie supplies...

Haha! Burger King for me along with ice cream popsicles and chips. Belly won?t feel good but it somehow helps with the highs and lows of the game. Now if the Jets get off to a multiple goal start, that?s a different story.

gbill2004

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on May 03, 2018, 11:11:16 PM
Haha! Burger King for me along with ice cream popsicles and chips. Belly won?t feel good but it somehow helps with the highs and lows of the game. Now if the Jets get off to a multiple goal start, that?s a different story.
Big lead means nothing in this series.

TrueBlue75

Quote from: gbill2004 on May 03, 2018, 11:14:09 PM
Big lead means nothing in this series.

True, but for a period of time the stress will be lower. At least I would hope so.

The Zipp

This is such a huge game.  Lose and it?s and a best of three with 2 on the road.  Win and we are one more away from moving on...Nashville is going to be fired up.

Rinne has looked shaky to me but we know that he can really good too.  Just want to beat these guys so bad

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: gbill2004 on May 03, 2018, 10:58:52 PM
My concern is Hartnell is in the lineup tonight to play dirty and possibly injur some Jets.

Buff swinging people around by the helmets wasn't an attempt to injure ? Lol

gbill2004

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on May 03, 2018, 11:41:40 PM
Buff swinging people around by the helmets wasn't an attempt to injure ? Lol

Buff plays within the rules.

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: The Zipp on May 03, 2018, 11:39:02 PM
This is such a huge game.  Lose and it?s and a best of three with 2 on the road.  Win and we are one more away from moving on...Nashville is going to be fired up.

Rinne has looked shaky to me but we know that he can really good too.  Just want to beat these guys so bad

Helly looked shaky in the first period last game as well but picked it up later in the game.....just like Rinne did the game before that......gonna be fun watching how they both perform in the first period..

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: gbill2004 on May 03, 2018, 11:42:43 PM
Buff plays within the rules.

Not all the time......and where does it say you can grab a players helmet and swing him around ?