Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 30, 2018, 01:52:17 AM
Lol.....like the bogus call in the first period that helped the jets get on the board .....there are so many non-calls in the NHL and then all of a sudden a call it just makes the game look silly. Gonna be a fun finish though...

What pro team coms from your city?

You said ppl that have no teams should have no say..

What pro teams do u have?

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

TrueBlue75

Quote from: The Zipp on April 30, 2018, 02:53:40 AM
I want joe morrow back in

I want Perreault or Armia or even Dano in and Hendricks out. He?s too slow for this series.

The Jets were so close to coming home up 2-0... Gotta remind myself though that I predicted this series would go to 7 games. Best of 5 now with 3 of those in our house!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 30, 2018, 03:48:50 AM
I want Perreault or Armia or even Dano in and Hendricks out. He?s too slow for this series.

The Jets were so close to coming home up 2-0... Gotta remind myself though that I predicted this series would go to 7 games. Best of 5 now with 3 of those in our house!

Yup

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 30, 2018, 03:42:12 AM

What pro team coms from your city?

You said ppl that have no teams should have no say..

What pro teams do u have?

What does where I live matter ?... 

I said people that don't have teams in certain sports shouldn't be laughing at those who do

Again....what does it matter what pro teams I have ?.......

Colton

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 30, 2018, 03:54:54 AM
What does where I live matter ?... 

I said people that don't have teams in certain sports shouldn't be laughing at those who do

Again....what does it matter what pro teams I have ?.......

Maybe think about practicing what you preach, eh?

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Colton on April 30, 2018, 03:56:03 AM

Lol

This guy is not so bright.

PloenFan

Looking at the playoff stats, Enstron is -3 after his two games. Is it possible he is rusty and we should play Morrow instead ?
Also, Kyle Connor has three assists, but is -2. However, his line mates are doing pretty well: Scheifele has 8 goals, 10 points and is +4 and Wheeler has 1 goal, 7 points and is +1.

Stretch

Quote from: PloenFan on April 30, 2018, 05:20:00 AM
Looking at the playoff stats, Enstron is -3 after his two games. Is it possible he is rusty and we should play Morrow instead ?

Enstrom got clowned on NSH?s 4th goal and made a bad pinch that lead to a 2 on 1 for the game winning goal. Other guys made mistakes too, but I think he hurts us more than he helps.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

gbill2004

Enstrom and Hendricks lost it for us. Get Perreault and Morrow back in ASAP.

TrueBlue75

Quote from: theaardvark on April 25, 2018, 04:20:58 PM
Wow... now we have to worry about this...

Luc Lewandoski @LucLewandoski

Watching the March 25th Jets-Predator replay on Sportsnet. For the love of the Golden Boy, please don?t boo PK Subban only Winnipeg. It?s a very bad look.

Between Subban and a possible Kane return in Round Three, fans don?t want to ruin the positive vibes and become the story.

Really?  Fans dressed in white booing a player that happens to not be white?  Not because of the colour of his skin, but because he is a detestable player? 

I could understand if hoods, khaki pants and crosses were involved.  But seriously, the white out is far from having anything of a racial motivation.  Even suggesting that the "optics" for fans hating on an opposing player who happens to be black is crazy. 

But you know now, some media types will start on about the article on Winnipeg being "Canada's Most Racist City", and we will be dragged back down that avenue again. 

Its hockey.  Subban and Kane are easy to hate.  Just like Marchand, Kessler, Lucic...  not because of the colour of their skin, because they are aholes on and off the ice...  giving them a pass on that because of the colour of their skin is a disservice to racial equality.  All men should be created equal, to love or hate without regard to race, creed or religion.

So.... wondering what Luc Lewandowski thinks about Byfuglien only getting booed by Preds fans? Perhaps something to do with him getting under the skin of the players and fans? Kind of like what Subban does? Hmmmm.

theaardvark

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 30, 2018, 11:33:16 AM
So.... wondering what Luc Lewandowski thinks about Byfuglien only getting booed by Preds fans? Perhaps something to do with him getting under the skin of the players and fans? Kind of like what Subban does? Hmmmm.

Buff and Subban are 2 difference makers on D, for sure.  But Buff doesn't play dirty like PK.  He play big and tough.  And after the whistle, he can ragdoll two players in a scrum.  Or knock a guy out of the game by receiving a check.  Does he cross the line?  Sometimes, but it is more than the exception than the rule.

Subban figure four leg locks 55 to kep him from re-entering the play.  He crosschecks a top player who is down and defenseless.. or goes high with the elbow far, far, far too often.  Just dirty.  And he does it all the time.

One of these players is worthy of derision due to being a dirty butthole.  And it ain't Buff. 

Regardless what you are wearing, feel free to boo PK. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on April 30, 2018, 03:56:03 AM

That would require having a brain, though.

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 30, 2018, 11:20:13 AM
Enstrom and Hendricks lost it for us. Get Perreault and Morrow back in ASAP.

I'd rather have Armia and Morrow back in the lineup. Enstrom was a disaster last night.

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 30, 2018, 11:33:16 AM

Luc is an idiot.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 30, 2018, 01:12:24 PM
I'd rather have Armia and Morrow back in the lineup. Enstrom was a disaster last night.
Agreed...Armia or Perreault.  I heard Armia is back skating in Winnipeg so hope he is ready to go soon.  Hendricks should not be on the roster. 

TrueBlue75

Quote from: theaardvark on April 30, 2018, 01:07:17 PM
Buff and Subban are 2 difference makers on D, for sure.  But Buff doesn't play dirty like PK.  He play big and tough.  And after the whistle, he can ragdoll two players in a scrum.  Or knock a guy out of the game by receiving a check.  Does he cross the line?  Sometimes, but it is more than the exception than the rule.

Subban figure four leg locks 55 to kep him from re-entering the play.  He crosschecks a top player who is down and defenseless.. or goes high with the elbow far, far, far too often.  Just dirty.  And he does it all the time.

One of these players is worthy of derision due to being a dirty butthole.  And it ain't Buff. 

Regardless what you are wearing, feel free to boo PK. 

Buff is absolutely an agitator. True, not dirty like Subban, but he does take liberties here and there. If he wasn't a Jet, there's no doubt he would be booed by our fans.