Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 25, 2018, 10:57:14 PM

Id be suprissed if we change up our D.
I don?t think we should either, but I think Enstrom might be returning to the lineup for this series.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 25, 2018, 10:27:26 PM
Unconfirmed first 4 Jets games:

Game 1: Friday 7:00pm
Game 2: Sunday TBD
Game 3: Tuesday 8:30pm
Game 4: Thursday 8:30pm

Thanks
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 25, 2018, 11:18:21 PM
I don?t think we should either, but I think Enstrom might be returning to the lineup for this series.

Could be.  Its hard to say this long before a game.

The Jets are said to be a team that practices really hard. Lots of fast paced skating. Could just be they have Toby out there to see if he can keep up to a somewhat game speed.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

gbill2004

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on April 25, 2018, 11:22:20 PM
Thanks
NHL released official schedule and the Sunday game is at 6, and the Tuesday game is at 7 (not 8:30). The rest of what I posted is the same.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 26, 2018, 09:06:10 AM
NHL released official schedule and the Sunday game is at 6, and the Tuesday game is at 7 (not 8:30). The rest of what I posted is the same.
thanks again
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

If they beat the Preds, do they become the SC favourite?

Daniel Negraneau is trying to get a sneaky bet in, even money, Jets/Preds series.  He wants to bet how long the series goes.  He wants 5 and 7, vs 4 and 6 for even money.   Is this an angle shoot at getting an even money bet in against the Jets? 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on April 27, 2018, 04:11:13 PM
If they beat the Preds, do they become the SC favourite?

Daniel Negraneau is trying to get a sneaky bet in, even money, Jets/Preds series.  He wants to bet how long the series goes.  He wants 5 and 7, vs 4 and 6 for even money.   Is this an angle shoot at getting an even money bet in against the Jets? 

I think, once you get past the second round, there aren't any favourites. Only real contenders can get through two full rounds.

In the West, Vegas is a real wild card, no one expected what they're doing. In the East, Boston and Pittsburgh are powerhouses.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on April 27, 2018, 04:23:26 PM
I think, once you get past the second round, there aren't any favourites. Only real contenders can get through two full rounds.

In the West, Vegas is a real wild card, no one expected what they're doing. In the East, Boston and Pittsburgh are powerhouses.

I agree except for the bolded part. I'd put the Bolts in the powerhouse category with the Penguins not far behind (back-to-back championships runs go a long way for experience) and the Capitals behind them (for obvious reasons related to consistent choking to the Penguins). The Bruins looks pretty mortal outside of their top line and didn't look all that hot down the stretch in the first round. They'll have their hands full against a deep, skilled, and fast Lightning team and could be in for some trouble if they look anything similar to the opening round vs. a pretty unbalanced Leafs team. Presently, I'd say they're the weakest team in the East.

As for the West, if the Jets can move on to the WCF, anything is possible. But I don't think it'd be prudent to label them Stanley Cup favourites if they have to face the Knights, who absolutely put the boots to the Sharks last night. The only plus for the Jets in a WPG-VGK series is the Jets would have home ice advantage.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Laine is practicing this morning.  Chiarot and Enstrom are both in, so looks like Morrow is out tonight.  Perreault is practicing with a non-contact jersey. 

The Zipp

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 27, 2018, 04:41:21 PM
Laine is practicing this morning.  Chiarot and Enstrom are both in, so looks like Morrow is out tonight.  Perreault is practicing with a non-contact jersey. 

Hopefully Perreault is back for the end of this series.  I think Morrow will see some time in this series somehow...

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on April 27, 2018, 05:37:59 PM
Hopefully Perreault is back for the end of this series.  I think Morrow will see some time in this series somehow...
Probably next games, since Enstrom can't last a game these days without getting injured. 

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.