Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on April 21, 2018, 05:47:16 PM

NHL Public Relations  @PR_NHL

The @NHLJets became the first team to post a series-clinching shutout win by a margin of 5+ goals since @SanJoseSharks in #Game7 of the 2016 Conference Semifinals vs. NSH (5-0 W). #NHLStats #StanleyCup

Its great seeing the league want to keep putting out the Jets name, but attaching "records" like this to truly historic events kinda waters down the message... 

We're we the first team to clinch a first round playoff series with only 2 left handed D playing in the final game?  Or some other less important "stat"?

2 back to back shutouts by a 24 year old,  most wins by an American goalie in a season... these are not "records" that anyone follows... might be an interesting tidbit for a colour guy to quote during a braodcast, sure, fill in empty air, but more than that?  Nah..

Is this a real stat?    I think the Wings won a Cup series with all left or right guys.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Chris1982

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 21, 2018, 06:13:56 PM
Can you explain?   Im not being a smartass i really dont get it.

I could be wrong, but I am assuming that he means that Hendricks is some sort of underdog like Rudy was and everyone is cheering for him?

theaardvark

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 21, 2018, 08:42:34 PM
I could be wrong, but I am assuming that he means that Hendricks is some sort of underdog like Rudy was and everyone is cheering for him?

Hendricks has been a catalyst all season, in or out of the lineup, the vet presence, the guy choosing the dressing room music, etc.  Now, during the biggest games of the year, he's in the pressbox.  So, maybe all the players lined up and said, "Put Matty in for me, coach" and put their sweaters on his desk... and Ehlers was the one chosen to sit.

Or maybe he was just feeling under the weather...  "malaise" as it were.

Interesting "colour guy" tidbit... in 2010, he apparently signed with the Caps to work under the tutelage of Bruce Boudreau... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Chris1982

Quote from: theaardvark on April 21, 2018, 09:27:48 PM
Hendricks has been a catalyst all season, in or out of the lineup, the vet presence, the guy choosing the dressing room music, etc.  Now, during the biggest games of the year, he's in the pressbox.  So, maybe all the players lined up and said, "Put Matty in for me, coach" and put their sweaters on his desk... and Ehlers was the one chosen to sit.

Or maybe he was just feeling under the weather...  "malaise" as it were.

Interesting "colour guy" tidbit... in 2010, he apparently signed with the Caps to work under the tutelage of Bruce Boudreau... 

That is quite the stretch if you are trying to compare Hendricks-Ehlers situation to the movie Rudy.

theaardvark

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 21, 2018, 09:34:35 PM
That is quite the stretch if you are trying to compare Hendricks-Ehlers situation to the movie Rudy.

It was a bloody joke... wow... of course I don't think they would have done that for Hendricks.  Well... I'm pretty sure they didn't.  Although with this group...  nah.  But maybe... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 21, 2018, 09:34:35 PM

Good grief.

Im sitting here n thinking....  Its not the same at all.

Are you sure you dont smoke weed Aards?   If not maybe give it a try.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_or_die

#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 21, 2018, 10:11:51 AM
Lol   Awww   Poor lil guy.

Seems that Whiteout has you all confused again.

19000 people having fun with their hockey team. Why come here to start crap?

You said what you think of it. Now move along.

Just ignore him and those pathetic contributions to this forum.

Friday night was an unreal experience downtown and the Jets put on a hell of a show inside the arena to move on to the next round. The energy inside Bell MTS Place was phenomenal and the home team set the tone early on never looked back. An unforgettable night for this city and the fans of this team.

Quote from: theaardvark on April 21, 2018, 09:36:22 PM
It was a bloody joke...

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TrueBlue75

Pretty sure we can now call the Preds-Avs series over tonight... Sucks to not have home advantage in our upcoming series. It should be an all out dogfight between the top two teams with the Jets coming out on top! I?m guessing the series might begin with Friday and Sunday in Nashville. Or Thursday and Saturday?  Maybe the Jets can actually make it onto CBC this time ::)

TrueBlue75

Jets are 15-2 in their last 17 games. Preds are 10-7. For March and April, Preds are 18-8 and the Jets are 19-5. Also, of the last two regular season losses the Jets have had, after the first loss they went on a six game winning streak, and the second loss a seven game winning streak. So counting our beat down loss from the Wild, Jets have four or five more wins in a row coming up, which would sweep the Preds lol! If only! It will be a very tough, grinding series but I like our odds. Jets are the hotter team and we?re getting closer to being our healthiest in a while. Go Jets Go!

blue_gold_84

This is going to be an exciting series! Just gotta win once on the road and continue to dominate at home.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 23, 2018, 01:47:38 PM
This is going to be an exciting series! Just gotta win once on the road and continue to dominate at home.
That's my thinking too.  We didn't have a very good record against the Preds in the regular season though, and one of our wins against them was versus their backup goaltender.  But the playoffs are a totally different beast.   

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 23, 2018, 02:33:12 PM
That's my thinking too.  We didn't have a very good record against the Preds in the regular season though, and one of our wins against them was versus their backup goaltender.  But the playoffs are a totally different beast.   

One of their wins was against our backup-backup goaltender.

Chris1982

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on April 23, 2018, 02:47:55 PM

Our win on the road was against Rinne and we won 6-4 in Nashville.  (Rinne allowed 5 goals on 35 shots).

gbill2004

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on April 23, 2018, 02:47:55 PM
That's good to know.  Which backup...Hutch, Comrie or Mason?