Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 19, 2018, 02:02:49 PM
+1

Excellent news. He'll be needed with Morrissey out for tomorrow.
They will have to switch some guys around because Morrissey is a LHD and Myers is a RHD.  Pretty sure Morrow and Poolman can play either side, if needed.  Trouba can as well, but as we know, he doesn't like playing his off side  ;)

blue_or_die

Fully expect to see Niku starting with the Jets next season.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 19, 2018, 02:09:48 PM
They will have to switch some guys around because Morrissey is a LHD and Myers is a RHD.

I meant the blue line depth in general. But you're right, Maurice will probably have to mix it up for tomorrow.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Just watched the league's video on the Morrisey suspension... first time I've watch ed one of these.  Interesting.

https://www.nhl.com/video/morrissey-suspended-one-game/t-277440360/c-59972103
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on April 19, 2018, 10:42:24 PM
Just watched the league's video on the Morrisey suspension... first time I've watch ed one of these.  Interesting.

https://www.nhl.com/video/morrissey-suspended-one-game/t-277440360/c-59972103
They do a good job of explaining the logic behind their decision. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 19, 2018, 10:51:16 PM
They do a good job of explaining the logic behind their decision. 

Agreed. It's nice to see the DOPS actually go through what happened and why the decision was made.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

dd

That was a direct cross check to the head, to a player who wasn?t engaged in any form of battle, he?s lucky it?s only 1 game

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on April 20, 2018, 02:48:56 AM
That was a direct cross check to the head, to a player who wasn?t engaged in any form of battle, he?s lucky it?s only 1 game

::)

It was the neck, actually. But at least you pay attention.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: dd on April 20, 2018, 02:48:56 AM

What saved him was lack of intent. He meant to cross check him (generally allowed in the playoffs), but not in the neck. I don't believe Morrissey is stupid enough to nail Staal above the shoulders right in front of the ref. That also doesn't negate the fact that he made a bad mistake, therefore 1 game is fair.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

#Ride?

gbill2004

Mason goes to the locker room after suffering an injury at #NHLJets gameday skate

Tyler Myers is out on the ice for #NHLJets morning skate.

theaardvark

So, if Myers is in, do you sit Poolman and leave Niku in for Morrissey?  Or play Poolman on the wrong side?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on April 20, 2018, 02:55:41 PM
So, if Myers is in, do you sit Poolman and leave Niku in for Morrissey?  Or play Poolman on the wrong side?
Poolman and Morrow can both play either side.  I doubt we see Niku tonight.

theaardvark

Looks like Niku isn't in, he stayed out for extra practice... so Myers in, and Poolman stays in the lineup...