Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

Boudreau won't be fired.  Wild had a very good regular season, and they are missing two of their best players in Sutter and Parise for the playoffs. 

TrueBlue75

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 18, 2018, 11:40:54 AM
Boudreau's logic is that if the penalty is called there on Morrissey, the Wild have a 5 on 3 where they likely score, and that would have changed the game.  Penalty was missed and everyone acknowledges it.  But penalties were missed on the Wild too, like the Foligno punch on Myers knee. 

And the head butt on Chiarot last night that was also not called. Bad missed calls on both sides throughout the series. I can?t wait to see how red Boudreau?s face gets on friday might. What a sore loser.

theaardvark

I think Boudreau's point is that not only would they have had a 5 on 3, but Morrissey should have gotten a game misconduct for the hit, and wouldn't have been there to defend on the break, or contribute in other ways. includng assisting on the game winning goal.

Boudreau is regarded as a great coach, and I am quite surprised at his comments against the officials, which should bring discipline from the NHL head office, and the fact that he gave his players an excuse for not winning the game.  For not getting a single goal... 

People talk about how a sweep give you time to rest, etc...  but I think that a team with home advantage is best served with a 5 game series.  You can't end up sitting a week waiting for another series to finish, and you get an extra home game ($Millions) and get to clinch in front of your fans...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Winnipeg?s Josh Morrissey will have a hearing today for cross-checking Minnesota?s Eric Staal.

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on April 18, 2018, 02:09:52 PM
I think Boudreau's point is that not only would they have had a 5 on 3, but Morrissey should have gotten a game misconduct for the hit, and wouldn't have been there to defend on the break, or contribute in other ways. includng assisting on the game winning goal.

Yeah I get what his "point" was, but just because JM would not have been in doesn't suddenly mean MN would have scored on the 5 on 3, or on the breakaway he broke up. If BB wants to play coulda woulda shoulda, maybe Morrissey's ejection would have ignited the Jets and we would have potted 8! Maybe keeping him in actually lowered our margin of victory? The world is limitless when dealing with hypotheticals.

(Only exception is 2007. Would have won with Glenn, no doubt. lmao).
#Ride?

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_or_die on April 18, 2018, 04:11:08 PM
Yeah I get what his "point" was, but just because JM would not have been in doesn't suddenly mean MN would have scored on the 5 on 3, or on the breakaway he broke up. If BB wants to play coulda woulda shoulda, maybe Morrissey's ejection would have ignited the Jets and we would have potted 8! Maybe keeping him in actually lowered our margin of victory? The world is limitless when dealing with hypotheticals.

(Only exception is 2007. Would have won with Glenn, no doubt. lmao).

And he doesn't take into account we were missing Myers due to an injury suffered in suspicious circumstances... 

So, if he gets suspended, and Niku comes in, does he pair with Trouba in Morrissey's spot?  Or with Buff?  Or With Poolman, who he has probably played with on the Moose?

Personally, I like him with Buff... preview for him taking Enstrom's spot next year...

Sir Blue and Gold

I think one of Myers or Enstrom will be able to suit up if Morrissey sits.

gbill2004

#NHLJets coach Paul Maurice said he would be surprised if Josh Morrissey gets suspended. Said hit on Staal was a penalty that was missed. Felt refs also missed calls on Foligno (twice) and Niederrriter.

TrueBlue75

I?m thinking Morrissey gets one game. Shouldn?t be more than that based on other DOPS judgements, but it always seems to be a coin toss decision so who knows. Just win on Friday and send the wild packing up their locker room.

theaardvark

Losing Morrissey for a game is bad, especially with Myers already out/hurt if he plays.  That said, I have no issue with Niku getting into the lineup, he definately showed well in his first NHL game, I don't think he'll have the jitters at all, and he definitely had the game.

Chris1982

The Whiteout Street Party is expanding to become the biggest one yet.

An additional television screen, expanded venue as well as additional vendors and washrooms will all be in place for the 4:30 p.m. party opening on Friday.

Economic Development Winnipeg  said the capacity will be increased by more than 50 per cent to allow even more Winnipeggers to celebrate.

?We?re going to continue to tweak the layout of this street party to make sure we do the best possible job we can every time,? CEO Dayna Spiring said Monday.

The party zone capacity was previously increased from 6,000 to 10,000 people for game two as well as an added a family-friendly, alcohol-free zone behind the Millenium Library.

Now, Graham Street will also be closed to allow more access.

?Additional entry and exit points will allow for greater site access and movement, including new entry points on Graham and Hargrave, as well as Graham and Smith,? a release from Economic Development said. ?This is in addition to existing entry points at Portage and Donald, and St. Mary and Donald.?

-Global news

gbill2004

Winnipeg?s Josh Morrissey suspended one game for cross-checking Minnesota?s Eric Staal.

theaardvark

NHL Player Safety @NHLPlayerSafety

Winnipeg's Josh Morrissey suspended one game for cross-checking Minnesota's Eric Staal.

Welcome to the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Mr. Niku

Chris1982

Quote from: theaardvark on April 18, 2018, 11:12:55 PM
NHL Player Safety @NHLPlayerSafety

Winnipeg's Josh Morrissey suspended one game for cross-checking Minnesota's Eric Staal.

Welcome to the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Mr. Niku

I guess it was expected  :'( :'( >:( >:(