Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueBlue75

This win was huge! Coming home 3-1 vs 2-2. Time to finish them off on Friday at home!

gbill2004

Highlights of the game are Hellebuyck?s save and Morrissey possibly suspended next game.

blue_gold_84

Basically a perfect road game in very hostile territory tonight.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

dd

Helly was the difference, his glove save early in the game on Dumba was absolutely lights out.

We ll lose Morrissey for at least 1 game, probably more. Direct cross check to the head area?? I m thinking 3 games like Kadri

True Blue

Quote from: The Zipp on April 18, 2018, 02:24:50 AM
My tummy doesn?t feel well....too tense

I was ready to throw up several times during the 3rd.
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." - Samuel Johnson

Jockitch

We got the aggressive, clean defensive game for the most part.  HellB on Dumba --- WOWEE !!

It will be a bad loss if Morrissey is suspended.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on April 18, 2018, 02:50:35 AM
We ll lose Morrissey for at least 1 game, probably more. Direct cross check to the head area?? I m thinking 3 games like Kadri

Morrissey doesn't have the track record Kadri has, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 18, 2018, 03:12:51 AM
Morrissey doesn't have the track record Kadri has, though.

Agreed. 1 game, 2 max. I?m thinking two after Morrissey?s questionable hit on a Bruin when we played them at the end of March.

Boudreau saying that Morrissey ?cost the Wild the game?. I thought the hit was dirty, but that?s a steaming pile. Hey Bruce, how about your team goes out and scores more than zero goals?
#Ride?

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_or_die on April 18, 2018, 04:25:13 AM
Agreed. 1 game, 2 max. I?m thinking two after Morrissey?s questionable hit on a Bruin when we played them at the end of March.

Boudreau saying that Morrissey ?cost the Wild the game?. I thought the hit was dirty, but that?s a steaming pile. Hey Bruce, how about your team goes out and scores more than zero goals?

Sour grapes...he is assuming they would have scored on the power play and then again on the breakaway that Morrisey stopped.  Childish comments - I will chalk it up to a competitive coach knowing he is in a huge hole.

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: The Zipp on April 18, 2018, 05:06:18 AM

Sour grapes...he is assuming they would have scored on the power play and then again on the breakaway that Morrisey stopped.  Childish comments - I will chalk it up to a competitive coach knowing he is in a huge hole.

And soon fired
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Chris1982

Prime example of sensationalizing.

gbill2004

Boudreau's logic is that if the penalty is called there on Morrissey, the Wild have a 5 on 3 where they likely score, and that would have changed the game.  Penalty was missed and everyone acknowledges it.  But penalties were missed on the Wild too, like the Foligno punch on Myers knee. 

blue_or_die

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 18, 2018, 11:40:54 AM
Boudreau's logic is that if the penalty is called there on Morrissey, the Wild have a 5 on 3 where they likely score, and that would have changed the game.  Penalty was missed and everyone acknowledges it.  But penalties were missed on the Wild too, like the Foligno punch on Myers knee. 

Yep.

I would also like to point out that in Game 3 the Wild had a 5 on 3 and did not score (during the actual 5 on 3 portion of that total PP).
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

I mean, the Wild still had 40+ more minutes left to score a goal. And they didn't. :D

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on April 18, 2018, 08:11:46 AM
And soon fired

I don't see it. He still has two more years left and over $5M worth of salary remaining on his contract.

Quote from: blue_or_die on April 18, 2018, 12:30:15 PM
Yep.

I would also like to point out that in Game 2 the Wild had a 5 on 3 and did not score (during the actual 5 on 3 portion of that total PP).

Just epic sour grapes from Elmer Fudd last night.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず