Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Tyler Myers left the arena this morning in Saint Paul.  Expect Jets head coach Paul Maurice to address his status in this series shortly.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Chris1982

Sara Orlesky
‏Verified account @saraorlesky
1h1 hour ago

Optional skate for #NHLJets. The only two D taking part are Tucker Poolman and Josh Morrissey.

gbill2004

From Bauming: My spies at Minneapolis-St. Paul airport tell me Tyler Myers is set to fly back to Winnipeg this evening. #NHLJets

gbill2004

From Dreger: Belief is Tyler Myers on his way back to Wpg for treatment.  Highly doubtful (obv) for game 4.  Sounds like aggravated muscular injury.

theaardvark

So, he was accidentally punched causing injury...  nothing nefarious because they used to be team mates...  c'mon man.  In the Stanley Cup Playoffs, a hockey player would take his grandmother into the boards with elbow high if he could get away with it... "they used to be team mates" is hardly a defence.  The more times I see that GIF, the more it looks like a deliberate punch at the side of a knee, which is probably the most vulnerable spot to hit a joint, especially on a very tall player.  Now, both hands were still firmly gripping the stick, and the other end of the stick seemed to be being moved by an outside force, so did the fist just go with it?  Maybe, but that's not what he is saying happened...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

The Zipp

Preds are looking like the jets last night...still lots of hockey to play though.

Man McKinnon is fast - great breakaway goal just now. 

TrueBlue75

Jets, Boston and TB all have a loss. Preds looking lost and just might get their first loss tonight too. If so, teams 1-4 would all be denied a sweep which many people thought might happen in a few of the series. This sure makes me feel better about yesterday?s game. Home crowd advantage coupled with desperate teams makes for a deadly combination. Bounce back game happens tomorrow!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 17, 2018, 03:04:48 AM
Jets, Boston and TB all have a loss. Preds looking lost and just might get their first loss tonight too. If so, teams 1-4 would all be denied a sweep which many people thought might happen in a few of the series. This sure makes me feel better about yesterday?s game. Home crowd advantage coupled with desperate teams makes for a deadly combination. Bounce back game happens tomorrow!

I hate and blame the travel on they way they played. But it seems the home teams on game 3 had a harder time.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

The Zipp

The sheer desperation when you are facing going 0-3 is huge too.  The motivation to win is just massive and it has showed in the performances. 

blue_or_die

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 17, 2018, 03:04:48 AM

Me too. Even the undefeatable Nashville can be defeated in the same circumstances. I like that.

I think we take it tonight in a close one and then pound them at home Friday. Everyone parties.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on April 17, 2018, 12:58:27 PM
Me too. Even the undefeatable Nashville can be defeated in the same circumstances. I like that.

I think we take it tonight in a close one and then pound them at home Friday. Everyone parties.

I hope you're right. The city would erupt on Friday if that were to happen. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_or_die on April 17, 2018, 12:58:27 PM

Home ice advantage was out in spades last night... 

Bruins 2
Maple Leafs 4

Lightning 2
Devils 5

Predators 3
Avalanche 5

Ducks 1
Sharks 8

That's a lot of hurt that road teams took last night.  But, that's why finishing above a team is worth so much, 4 home games is a huge advantage...

Stretch

"You're not in trouble until you lose a game at home."

Said by someone at some point, frequently repeated by broadcasters.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

theaardvark

Ken Wiebe @WiebeSunSports

Don?t be surprised if #NHLJets recall D Sami Niku from #MBMoose of #AHL today.

Like...

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on April 17, 2018, 03:00:50 PM

Ken Wiebe @WiebeSunSports

Don?t be surprised if #NHLJets recall D Sami Niku from #MBMoose of #AHL today.

Like...

He won't play tonight though as I expect Poolman to be in for Myers, and Estrom is getting close.