Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

gbill2004

gbill2004

Defenceman Tyler Myers will not return to tonight?s game.

theaardvark

Myers down... I guess Poolman comes in?  Or is Enstrom ready?  Can Niku be recalled?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on April 16, 2018, 02:23:21 AM
Myers down... I guess Poolman comes in?  Or is Enstrom ready?  Can Niku be recalled?
Myers is a RHD. Poolman is a RHD and Enstrom is a LHD.

Sounds like Myers was walking with a limp after the game but might not be serious.

Looks like Foligno punched Myers knee as he was falling down. Guy should be suspended.

dd

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 15, 2018, 10:38:10 PM
Trouba just said this whole fiasco with the snow storm and delays in Duluth caused no disturbance in the teams routine and that it didnt bother anyone and they "enjoyed their time together".
That's wishful thinking. People/hockey players are creatures of habit and want/need a structured schedule to
Follow. All this bouncing around was wasted energy and it showed as the jets looked lost out there tonight.

Not sure if it was a case of everything seemed to bounce in for minny or we just couldn't buy a break but things gotta change next game

TrueBlue75

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 16, 2018, 02:29:29 AM

Sounds like Myers was walking with a limp after the game but might not be serious.

Looks like Foligno punched Myers knee as he was falling down. Guy should be suspended.

No doubt about it Foligno chopped his knee which then led to him collapsing his leg awkwardly into the boards. Should be a suspension but won?t be unfortunately. Jets need to regroup and come out fast and heavy hitting on Tuesday.

The Zipp

Minny is a great home team...they came to play after being dominated in WPG. 

Jets were outplayed and Helly wasn?t stellar either.  Lose the next one and I will be start to be worried about this series slipping away. 

We need Bryan little to be better.  Never heard Roslovic mentioned much but i did skip the third period and watched the Andre the Giant documentary I had PVR?ed.  It was great!!

The Zipp

Postgame #nhljets player scrums, in brief:

Wheeler: We need to skate faster
Hellebuyck: I need to put this one behind me
Lowry: I don?t think Foligno?s hit on Myers was dirty
Ehlers: We need to be better
Little: It?s one game.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 16, 2018, 02:29:29 AM

If Myers can't go on Tuesday, Poolman gets the nod would be my guess. Hopefully, it's nothing serious and he can play, though.

It sure looked like Foligno took a jab at Myers' knee when he was going down, but I doubt the league takes another look at it.

Ugly game tonight and they fell apart late in the second. Defensive coverage was embarrassing; Hellebuyck was screened by his own defenseman on three of the Wild's goals.  >:(

Gotta get back to what's worked: speed, relentless forechecking, and attention to detail at both ends of the ice. Face-offs gotta be better, too. Trash this game tape on move on to the next game.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Chris1982

Quote from: The Zipp on April 16, 2018, 03:12:40 AM
Postgame #nhljets player scrums, in brief:

Wheeler: We need to skate faster
Hellebuyck: I need to put this one behind me
Lowry: I don?t think Foligno?s hit on Myers was dirty
Ehlers: We need to be better
Little: It?s one game.

Maurice basically said that no one expects to win 4 in a row, and no one expects to lose 4 in a row so a tough loss was expected at some point.  He did not seem too concerned and said that they will bounce back next game.  I thought it was a little humorous when Maurice was asked about losing tonight, he said "Ask Pittsburgh, they know what its all about".

Stretch

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 16, 2018, 04:03:39 AM
If Myers can't go on Tuesday, Poolman gets the nod would be my guess.

I hope you're right. With the physicality of this series so far, Enstrom would be broken in two before the first TV timeout.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

gbill2004

Tyler Myers walked in with his Jets teammates. Seems to be walking without any limp

#mnwild 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 16, 2018, 06:22:34 PM
Tyler Myers walked in with his Jets teammates. Seems to be walking without any limp

#mnwild 

Yay! ;D

Who tweeted the good news?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004