Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

True North spokesperson Scott Brown confirms the Jets have been diverted to Duluth.

No immediate word on their next move - wait out the weather (MSP is hoping to re-open to flights at 7 p.m.) or try to bus.

All flights out of Minneapolis airport, from now until 7 pm, cancelled.  Biggest April snow dump in Minnesota history. #NHLJets.

Minnesota State Patrol says 245 crashes reported already. 22 involved injuries. 2 serious. Hwy 52 (I-94) closed in both directions, from Coates to Hampton.  #NHLJets.

gbill2004

Laine?s violin was a prank to Mikko Koivu from TPS Turku. Iconic Timo Nummelin from TPS Turku was known for his goal celebration in which he imitates playing a violin with his stick. This is mentioned in TPS's goal song. #NHLPlayoffs2018 #Jets #mnwild 

TrueBlue75

I?m really surprised the Jets didn?t leave last night given the fact a massive storm was brewing for today. I wonder what the NHL will do if the Jets can?t make it there on time? Start by pushing back game time or postponing until Monday? I really hope people are not taking risks out there on the roads. Hopefully our team and fans all arrive safe and sound. This could be a big break for the wild...

The Zipp

Do a game Monday and Tuesday in Minny??   

Just watching the Preds game on nbc and the listing of closures for today and tomorrow is pretty big for MSP area

gbill2004

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 14, 2018, 08:25:39 PM
I?m really surprised the Jets didn?t leave last night given the fact a massive storm was brewing for today. I wonder what the NHL will do if the Jets can?t make it there on time? Start by pushing back game time or postponing until Monday? I really hope people are not taking risks out there on the roads. Hopefully our team and fans all arrive safe and sound. This could be a big break for the wild...
Storm is supposed to let up by Sunday morning.

gbill2004

I checked MSP airport arrivals. 90% of flights are cancelled or delayed, but some are still arriving on time.  One from Duluth is scheduled to arrive at 4:35pm.

gbill2004

MSP airport tweeted that they hope to have runways clear by 9pm

TrueBlue75

Jets are back in Winnipeg and will be leaving tomorrow morning. Yikes! Advantage Minnesota...

Jesse

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 14, 2018, 10:54:16 PM
Jets are back in Winnipeg and will be leaving tomorrow morning. Yikes! Advantage Minnesota...

Yikes!
My wife is amazing!

gbill2004

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 14, 2018, 10:54:16 PM
Extra nights sleep at home. Advantage Jets!

The Zipp

Well at least they can sleep in their own beds tonight...the flight isn?t overly long to Minny - and good thing it isn?t an afternoon game. 

I actually expect them to lose one in Minny. I think the Wild know they were embarrassed and will come out much faster.  Wouldn?t surprise me to lose one in OT then win the rest of the series in 5 games

TrueBlue75

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 15, 2018, 12:30:15 AM
Extra nights sleep at home. Advantage Jets!

True, but I?m thinking of the extra time spent in the cramped seats of the plane, an early morning flight tomorrow as well as game day routines being disrupted. I read somewhere that the Jets stayed on the plane in Duluth. I think the best we?ll do in Minny is a split 1-1. I hope I?m wrong.

gbill2004

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on April 15, 2018, 12:36:30 AM
True, but I?m thinking of the extra time spent in the cramped seats of the plane, an early morning flight tomorrow as well as game day routines being disrupted. I read somewhere that the Jets stayed on the plane in Duluth. I think the best we?ll do in Minny is a split 1-1. I hope I?m wrong.
Most players have been skipping the game day skates. No big deal imo.

I?m curious who did the travel planning planning for the Jets. First why didn?t they fly out last night, knowing the forecast?  Second, before flying out today, did they not know the conditions in Minneapolis, or did that change while they were in the air?

theaardvark

Just make sure the boys have their portable game consoles on the plane and everything will be just fine...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

NorthernSkunk

You want a white out ya got a white out .....lol