Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 23, 2018, 04:34:36 PM

I believe they have to do that before he can practice with the reg team. If he pracyiced this morning then they signed off.

Now its up to the coach.
Maurice said they?re going to see how he feels later this afternoon so I?d think the medical staff will be involved in that evaluation.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 23, 2018, 04:36:52 PM
Maurice said they?re going to see how he feels later this afternoon so I?d think the medical staff will be involved in that evaluation.

In some way im sure they will. But if nothings broken and they let him skate with the reg team then thats it for them. They cant say at game time he cant play.

If his foot dont swell up and can put a skate on then its up to Maurice to see if hes moving they way he should. If he is then he playes....  if not he sits.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_or_die

Let's keep in mind it's a bruise and not a broken bone. It could be irritating and painful to play on but it's not as if he's playing with an ankle that's been broken and "almost healed".

I say let him do what he wants (to play)
#Ride?

theaardvark

Maurice said, IIRC, three factors:

Doctors have to say its OK.

Conditioning has to be OK (Laine hasn't been out long enough for that to be an issue)

Player has to have confidence to play.  And Laine has enough of that for the whole team...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

Luv Laine & his attitude & of course contributions ....... however I do hope he sits out tonight.
This is an assumption on my part ....... thinking he may be making his cuts decently but I fret over the stick work that occurs on player lower legs
A few bangs (Perry & Kessler are evil stick men) in that sweet bruised spot & he may end out for a bit more than necessary.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

Quote from: Jockitch on March 23, 2018, 07:23:24 PM
Luv Laine & his attitude & of course contributions ....... however I do hope he sits out tonight.
This is an assumption on my part ....... thinking he may be making his cuts decently but I fret over the stick work that occurs on player lower legs
A few bangs (Perry & Kessler are evil stick men) in that sweet bruised spot & he may end out for a bit more than necessary.

I bet there will be some bubble wrap down there, and that there will be Big Buff waiting for someone to take liberties in that way...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on March 23, 2018, 07:44:35 PM
I bet there will be some bubble wrap down there, and that there will be Big Buff waiting for someone to take liberties in that way...

With clowns like Perry and Kessler, I'm hoping Buff takes his own liberties regardless.
#Ride?

gbill2004

Yesterday we thought Patrik Laine might miss a couple of games and turns out he won?t miss any. #NHLJets Laine will play tonight vs ANA

TrueBlue75

Quote from: blue_or_die on March 23, 2018, 08:02:30 PM
With clowns like Perry and Kessler, I'm hoping Buff takes his own liberties regardless.

I agree. I despise the ducks along with Perry and Kessler, among others. Buff and Lowry need to be dishing some heavy hits to send a message.

What a range of emotions for fans from the end of last game until today regarding Laine. So happy to see him back on the ice. Hope he lights them up tonight!

The Zipp

The Zipp

Great first period.  Dominated play just couldn?t capitalize on some good chances

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on March 23, 2018, 11:48:12 PM
Great first period.  Dominated play just couldn?t capitalize on some good chances

Yep, and luck on their side with deflections leading to their goal. Looks like a fun game to be at.
#Ride?

The Zipp

Call him Gibson?s Finest cause he is keeping the Ducks in this game. 

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on March 24, 2018, 12:49:19 AM
Call him Gibson?s Finest cause he is keeping the Ducks in this game. 

The only reason this was a game. Connor is an ace, luckily.
#Ride?

Jockitch

Truly was an overwhelming case of our Jets just flying out there & absolutely dominating with & without the puck.
However ........ what a scare having to see it go into OT.    Gibson was at his Finest for sure but Conman was the Natural closer.

Great to see Laine out on the ice & WOW ......... it was one of his hustling best of the year.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE