Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 21, 2018, 12:55:06 AM
IF it?s a broken ankle, typical recovery time is 6 weeks for the bone to heal.

Broken ankle?   Thats not a normal thing to happen.

It would be likely something in the foot.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

gbill2004

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 21, 2018, 01:52:22 AM

Broken ankle?   Thats not a normal thing to happen.

It would be likely something in the foot.
Did you see where the puck hit him?  And I?m pretty sure the ankle is considered part of the foot.

gbill2004

Maurice says the team doesn't believe Laine's injury will be long-term.

"We'll see how it comes in. We've already had him looked at a couple different ways. There is nothing sinister." -Maurice on Laine.

The Zipp

Good news.  Prob swollen and sore.  Ice and rest and he will be back in a week.   

TrueBlue75

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 21, 2018, 01:53:03 AM
Did you see where the puck hit him?  And I?m pretty sure the ankle is considered part of the foot.

Ever played hockey?   It very well might be. But most have skates that cover ur ankles.

gbill2004

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 21, 2018, 02:14:28 AM

Ever played hockey?   It very well might be. But most have skates that cover ur ankles.

Yes I?ve played hockey; lots when I was younger. Based on what I saw on TV it looked like it hit him in the ankle. The announcers said it hit him right where there?s no protection.

Chris1982

Does not look serious as per Maurice -

At a post-game news conference, Jets head coach Paul Maurice said Laine's injury wasn't serious and he expected him to make a quick recovery.

"It's a concussion," Maurice joked when asked where exactly Laine had taken the hit. "We've already had him looked a couple different ways and there's nothing sinister."

gbill2004

From Dreger: Patrick Laine will be reevaluated today. Sense is he might miss a few games, but injury isn't long term after blocking shot last night.

theaardvark

Right ankle, correct?  Which is "dexter".  Left ankle is "sinister"...  so its nothing sinister... its dexter...  ;)

Dexter and Sinister are designations of right and left when referring to medieval knights..   
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on March 21, 2018, 03:37:56 PM
Right ankle, correct?  Which is "dexter".  Left ankle is "sinister"...  so its nothing sinister... its dexter...  u
Huh  ???

New_Earth_Mud

The Zipp

More
INJURY UPDATE: #NHLJets head coach Paul Maurice says F Patrik Laine (LBI) has a bruise - nothing broken. No timeline for his return and he's unlikely to play in Sunday's game vs. #Preds http://tsn.ca/1.1034816  #TSNHockey

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on March 22, 2018, 04:38:33 PM
More
INJURY UPDATE: #NHLJets head coach Paul Maurice says F Patrik Laine (LBI) has a bruise - nothing broken. No timeline for his return and he's unlikely to play in Sunday's game vs. #Preds http://tsn.ca/1.1034816  #TSNHockey

I think that's pretty much what everyone expected.

Best case scenario, I think.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on March 22, 2018, 04:48:54 PM
I think that's pretty much what everyone expected.

Best case scenario, I think.

Agreed. Nothing serious, which is good news.

These injury issues with the Jets this season, though... Unreal.

And I would think Roslovic slides back in on the wing with Laine out for tomorrow's game.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.