Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 20, 2018, 11:29:46 PM
Thx.... Did he ever play for the Pens?

Nope. Just the Capitals, the Ducks, and the Jets.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Laine looks to have an injury. Can?t put any weight on his foot.

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on March 18, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Great having those guys back...I am starting to fear injuries more than losses at this point.  If we get a a few wins in a row here at home those fears will even get stronger. 

Realistically I don?t think we are going to catch Nashville for first so second is prob the best we can do - looking like a matchup with the Wild is going to happen.  That will be a hard fought series with the Wild having the edge in recent playoff experience...

Worst fears realized.  Laine off after taking a hard shot to the ankle

TrueBlue75

At this point I care little about the outcome of this game. I just want Laine to be okay. Man, what a massive, massive hit this would be.

gbill2004

Jets first-rounder Kristian Vesalainen will play in Winnipeg (Jets/Moose) next season. Will sign his ELC after this season.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on March 21, 2018, 12:20:06 AM
At this point I care little about the outcome of this game. I just want Laine to be okay. Man, what a massive, massive hit this would be.

Agreed. Historic point streak on the line, too. :(
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 21, 2018, 12:31:23 AM
Agreed. Historic point streak on the line, too. :(
I doubt he returns tonight. Best case scenario I think is he?s back for the playoffs. I wouldn?t be surprised if he broke his ankle. Hoping that it?s just swollen.

gbill2004

Patrik Laine will not return to tonight?s game due to a lower body injury.

gbill2004

IF it?s a broken ankle, typical recovery time is 6 weeks for the bone to heal.

TrueBlue75

I can?t see his ankle being broken as he pushed off of it getting up from the ice, but what do I know? Best case scenario: very bad bruise and he?s kept out for a few games. Worser case: sprain or fracture, out for what, 6-8 weeks? Nightmare scenario: broke some sort of bone, done for the season. I am having heart palpitations just thinking about it...

gbill2004

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on March 21, 2018, 01:13:54 AM
I can?t see his ankle being broken as he pushed off of it getting up from the ice, but what do I know? Best case scenario: very bad bruise and he?s kept out for a few games. Worser case: sprain or fracture, out for what, 6-8 weeks? Nightmare scenario: broke some sort of bone, done for the season. I am having heart palpitations just thinking about it...
Sure hope you?re right re. no broken bone. The fact he could put no weight on it is what concerns me. Here?s hoping for a bad bruise!

TrueBlue75

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 21, 2018, 01:20:28 AM
Sure hope you?re right re. no broken bone. The fact he could put no weight on it is what concerns me. Here?s hoping for a bad bruise!

See I?m telling myself that the trainers/therapists were telling him not to put any weight on his foot until he got it checked out... The sense of doom is closing in though.

The Zipp

Jets are testing the kings goalie with everything they have and protecting Comrie incredibly. 

The Zipp

The Zipp

Win!!

Hoping for only a bruise on Laine.  Ice it up - miss a few games good as new!!