Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 20, 2018, 06:47:54 PM
I'm pretty sure he hasn't played centre in at least a few years.  He really struggles at centre. 

How so? ???
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 20, 2018, 06:58:38 PM
How so? ???
Like he had trouble scoring points. 

Don't quote me on this, but I believe Maurice has stated in the past that Perreault is a better fit at winger.  I watch most Jets games and I can't recall the last game Perreault played at centre. 

The Zipp

Turns out it is an injury that caused #NHLJets centre Bryan Little to move to the wing:  ?There's been something bothering me,? Little told me this morning. ?But it's just faceoff related."

from Paul Friesen

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on March 20, 2018, 07:12:10 PM
Turns out it is an injury that caused #NHLJets centre Bryan Little to move to the wing:  ?There's been something bothering me,? Little told me this morning. ?But it's just faceoff related."

from Paul Friesen
Wrist, back??

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 20, 2018, 07:06:25 PM
Like he had trouble scoring points. 

Don't quote me on this, but I believe Maurice has stated in the past that Perreault is a better fit at winger.  I watch most Jets games and I can't recall the last game Perreault played at centre. 

When did he have trouble scoring points at centre? His 2014-15 season, which was the last time he was deployed predominantly at C (IIRC), was a pretty productive one (0.66 PPG - his second best as a Jet).

I agree he's solid on the wing and a better fit there currently (even in spite of his current 13-game pointless streak) but I don't recall him ever struggling at centre. He's good in the FO circle and plays a pretty strong 200 ft. game. That's why his versatility is such an asset.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 20, 2018, 07:23:46 PM
When did he have trouble scoring points at centre? His 2014-15 season, which was the last time he was deployed predominantly at C (IIRC), was a pretty productive one (0.66 PPG - his second best as a Jet).

I agree he's solid on the wing and a better fit there currently (even in spite of his current 13-game pointless streak) but I don't recall him ever struggling at centre. He's good in the FO circle and plays a pretty strong 200 ft. game. That's why his versatility is such an asset.
I don't recall him playing centre for the Jets in a few years.  Please tell me the last time he played centre for the Jets.  I'd bet it's at most a handful of times as a Jet.  Anyone can play centre...it's a matter of whether they are effective playing there. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 20, 2018, 07:29:17 PM
I don't recall him playing centre for the Jets in a few years.  Please tell me the last time he played centre for the Jets.  I'd bet it's at most a handful of times as a Jet.  Anyone can play centre...it's a matter of whether they are effective playing there. 

He was deployed at C in 32 of the 62 GP during the 2014-15 season:

12 of 71 GP in 2015-16:

12 of 65 GP last season:

This is the first season in which he hasn't been deployed at C:

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Thanks for those graphs. A little more than I thought but still proves my point that the Jets feel he?s more effective as a winger. Do you have stats on his PPG as a centre vs winger?  I?d bet it?s much higher as a winger.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 20, 2018, 06:40:37 PM
He plays both, actually. And he's listed as such: https://www.capfriendly.com/players/mathieu-perreault, https://www.nhl.com/player/mathieu-perreault-8473618

His versatility is a huge plus.

Ya i understand that but hes a natural winger. But i agree he can pretty much play anywhere.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Jockitch

He was the Capitols last pick in the 2006 Draft ....... having played center in Jr..  I do remember him playing center for the Caps years ago.
TSN site shows Perrault on the Jet roster as C/LW, whereas Hockey DB.com still just shows as a center

The net of it all ...... he will play wherever PM sticks him.  He has value but is a 3rd to 4th line hustler at best with PP stats as a winger.

BTW: that was a crazy great graph
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Jockitch on March 20, 2018, 09:17:48 PM
He was the Capitols last pick in the 2006 Draft ....... having played center in Jr..  I do remember him playing center for the Caps years ago.
TSN site shows Perrault on the Jet roster as C/LW, whereas Hockey DB.com still just shows as a center

The net of it all ...... he will play wherever PM sticks him.  He has value but is a 3rd to 4th line hustler at best with PP stats as a winger.

BTW: that was a crazy great graph

Thought he was drafted by the Pens?

theaardvark

I remember not long ago when our concerns were LD, C and G...

Chevy, ya done good...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 20, 2018, 07:53:20 PM
Thanks for those graphs. A little more than I thought but still proves my point that the Jets feel he?s more effective as a winger. Do you have stats on his PPG as a centre vs winger?  I?d bet it?s much higher as a winger.

That I am not able to find.

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 20, 2018, 09:20:30 PM
Thought he was drafted by the Pens?

6th round, 177th overall in 2006 by the Capitals.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 20, 2018, 11:19:50 PM
That I am not able to find.

6th round, 177th overall in 2006 by the Capitals.

Thx.... Did he ever play for the Pens?