Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueBlue75

Kulikov is going to have back surgery. Out for 8 weeks... Darn it!

gbill2004

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on March 17, 2018, 04:31:44 PM
Kulikov is going to have back surgery. Out for 8 weeks... Darn it!
So what?s that...second or third round of the playoffs?  That?s a big loss.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 17, 2018, 04:38:46 PM
So what?s that...second or third round of the playoffs?  That?s a big loss.

Massive, IMO. He'd been darn good for the majority of the season thus far. That puts a pretty big dent in the depth of the blue line, which is a bit worrisome.

Injuries... Ugh. >:(
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TrueBlue75

Maurice also said the 8 weeks is not when he can be back on the ice but rather when he enters the next stage of his recovery. Unless a miracle happens, he?s done for the season it seems. Big loss for the team.

theaardvark

Yes, Kulikov is a big loss, but we have depth on the blue line, and added Morrow...  Chiarot and Poolman have really stepped up. 

Trouba/Morrisey
Buff/Toby
Myers/Chiarot

Or

Trouba/Morrisey
Buff/Chiarot
Myers/Enstrom (like Doug Brown and Jerome Heywood)

is a pretty darned good defense corps

With Morrow/Poolman in the pressbox...

I think we'll be just fine...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

The Stastny and Morrow additions turned out not to be rental luxuries, but necessities.
#Ride?

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on March 17, 2018, 08:12:59 PM
Yes, Kulikov is a big loss, but we have depth on the blue line, and added Morrow...  Chiarot and Poolman have really stepped up. 

Trouba/Morrisey
Buff/Toby
Myers/Chiarot

Or

Trouba/Morrisey
Buff/Chiarot
Myers/Enstrom (like Doug Brown and Jerome Heywood)

is a pretty darned good defense corps

With Morrow/Poolman in the pressbox...

I think we'll be just fine...
Enstrom will last one game in the playoffs, if he even makes it there healthy.

It's nice to have Morrow, but he's no Kulikov. 

Jockitch

this morning on 1290, it was mentioned that during Jet's practise, Lowry was at center with Tanev & Roslovic ......... Scheif was not a steady line participant.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

gbill2004

Quote from: Jockitch on March 17, 2018, 10:50:07 PM
this morning on 1290, it was mentioned that during Jet's practise, Lowry was at center with Tanev & Roslovic ......... Scheif was not a steady line participant.
Scheifele centred a fifth line at practice this morning.

Jockitch

after the morning skate ........ PM stated, at the Presser that Scheif & Lowry are Both in tonight's lineup ........ YAHOOS !!
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

TrueBlue75

Quote from: Jockitch on March 18, 2018, 04:56:51 PM
after the morning skate ........ PM stated, at the Presser that Scheif & Lowry are Both in tonight's lineup ........ YAHOOS !!

Enstrom is also a game time decision. Roslovic is out, Tanev is in. I hope Laine continues his streak of lighting up the Stars! Big 2 points tonight as the wild are nipping at the Jets? heels.

The Zipp

Great having those guys back...I am starting to fear injuries more than losses at this point.  If we get a a few wins in a row here at home those fears will even get stronger. 

Realistically I don?t think we are going to catch Nashville for first so second is prob the best we can do - looking like a matchup with the Wild is going to happen.  That will be a hard fought series with the Wild having the edge in recent playoff experience...

gbill2004

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on March 18, 2018, 05:20:24 PM
Enstrom is also a game time decision. Roslovic is out, Tanev is in. I hope Laine continues his streak of lighting up the Stars! Big 2 points tonight as the wild are nipping at the Jets? heels.
I?m going to the game tonight!!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on March 18, 2018, 05:20:24 PM

What happened?

It'll be great getting Scheifele and Lowry back today. Enstrom back would be nice, too.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 18, 2018, 08:15:59 PM
What happened?

It'll be great getting Scheifele and Lowry back today. Enstrom back would be nice, too.
Guys are getting healthy.  Tanev is in the lineup, and Little is playing on the 3rd line as RW.