Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 15, 2018, 05:00:20 PM
http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/22745770/nhl-why-winnipeg-jets-envy-30-other-teams

Good read

A very good read. Saw this posted on FB earlier today and I was skeptical at first considering the source. But it's very articulate and thorough write-up on this team with some great comments from players and management.

It's been a tough road and has required a lot of patience, but we're starting to see the rewards now.

And to think this team, going into tonight's game (game #17), has lost 231 man-games due to injury and is still within the league's top 5 best teams... It's incredible. Getting healthy going into the home stretch and then into playoffs should have Jets fans pretty excited.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Stats back in the lineup & no doubt with Ehlers & Laine, is huge ........ he will certainly get the ice time if his aggravated body part holds up.
Wonder what blender result PM has in store ...... would sure like to watch Roslovic center Armia & Perrault for the game.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

There was a brief stretch where the sickbay was empty.  We're paying for that now.... 

I love that the team is erring on the side of caution right now, holding Trouba out a few more days might be the best thing for him.  He may not think so, but skipping tonight's game gets him a rest until Sunday...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: Jockitch on March 15, 2018, 08:14:00 PM
Stats back in the lineup & no doubt with Ehlers & Laine, is huge ........ he will certainly get the ice time if his aggravated body part holds up.
Wonder what blender result PM has in store ...... would sure like to watch Roslovic center Armia & Perrault for the game.
Yes, it'd sure be nice if Roslovic could develop into a centre but it seems the Jets management see him more as a winger, long-term. 

gbill2004

#NHLJets have officially activated D Jacob Trouba off injured reserve

blue_gold_84

What a wild first period last night. Sketchy start but after the Jets killed off that penalty, they put on a clinic.

Trouba back in the lineup was massive, Little had his best game in ages, and the offense was spread around very nicely.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 16, 2018, 12:05:40 PM
What a wild first period last night. Sketchy start but after the Jets killed off that penalty, they put on a clinic.

Trouba back in the lineup was massive, Little had his best game in ages, and the offense was spread around very nicely.
Yes I was glad to see Little have a good game because his contract has been worrying me lately. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 16, 2018, 12:09:50 PM
Yes I was glad to see Little have a good game because his contract has been worrying me lately. 

That extension kicking in after this season is looking pretty bad at the moment.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 16, 2018, 12:12:02 PM
That extension kicking in after this season is looking pretty bad at the moment.
I know...6 more years.  When I look at the cap situation and the young guys who will be getting raises soon, that contract could make it very difficult to re-sign Wheeler.  The good thing about Little's contract is that the NMC is only foe the first 2 years.  After that it's a 14 team no-trade list. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 16, 2018, 12:18:06 PM
I know...6 more years.  When I look at the cap situation and the young guys who will be getting raises soon, that contract could make it very difficult to re-sign Wheeler.  The good thing about Little's contract is that the NMC is only foe the first 2 years.  After that it's a 14 team no-trade list. 

Unless Wheeler's willing to take a discount. Who knows but one thing is for sure: Cheveldayoff has his work cut out in the next few years.

I just hope last night's game gets Little back on track. He needs to finish strong and carry that momentum into the playoffs. Come to think of it, I hope the team as whole uses last night's win to get back on track, at least offensively.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 16, 2018, 12:30:28 PM
Unless Wheeler's willing to take a discount. Who knows but one thing is for sure: Cheveldayoff has his work cut out in the next few years.

I just hope last night's game gets Little back on track. He needs to finish strong and carry that momentum into the playoffs. Come to think of it, I hope the team as whole uses last night's win to get back on track, at least offensively.
At Wheeler's age, I'm thinking he will cost at minimum 4 years x $7 million.  Without moving some significant salaries, I don't see how that fits under the cap, even with expiring salaries like Enstrom, Mason etc. 

theaardvark

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 16, 2018, 08:31:39 PM
https://www.bardown.com/patrik-laine-s-stick-habits-would-be-incredibly-expensive-for-a-regular-person-1.1029514

Yikes     :o

Pretty sure he doesn't pay for them, or the Jets.  Manufacturers are happy to pony up $4k worth of sticks a game to have the best player use their product... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on March 16, 2018, 09:55:27 PM
Pretty sure he doesn't pay for them, or the Jets.  Manufacturers are happy to pony up $4k worth of sticks a game to have the best player use their product... 

Ya i dont think they do.

But they tape the stick themselves ...  so thats alota sticks
#35.... The Godfather of Swag