Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 09, 2018, 03:18:46 PM
First of all that's not the official lineup...that's the "projected" lineup based on pre-game warm-ups.  Second, check out the Jets official twitter account from 6:02PM last night, which clearly states the starting lineup as Little, Connor and Wheeler.  Third, check out the players time on ice from last game and you will clearly see that Hendricks did not play on the second line.

Nah... dont feel like it.  Could care less for your condescending demeanor and your over-analyzing the majority of the posts that I make. 

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on March 09, 2018, 03:29:07 PM
Nah... dont feel like it.  Could care less for your condescending demeanor and your over-analyzing the majority of the posts that I make. 
lol okay you asked how Hendricks looked on the second line and I explained he didn't play on the second line.  You disagreed, so I provided proof. 

gbill2004

And here?s Maurice?s post game comments on the pre game lines:

Asked #NHLJets HC Paul Maurice if he was trying to keep media guessing with the line rushes during pre-game warm-up. ?I had nothing to do with that. That?s on the players.?

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 09, 2018, 03:35:48 PM
And here?s Maurice?s post game comments on the pre game lines:

Asked #NHLJets HC Paul Maurice if he was trying to keep media guessing with the line rushes during pre-game warm-up. ?I had nothing to do with that. That?s on the players.?

Ha. You can tell Paul Maurice is having fun this season.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 09, 2018, 01:31:53 PM
Laine's price tag just keeps rising.  I'll predict $9 million x 8 years. 

What's crazy is Laine isn't even 20... He's only going to get better. :o

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on March 09, 2018, 03:46:57 PM

Winning is fun. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jesse

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 09, 2018, 01:31:53 PM
Laine's price tag just keeps rising.  I'll predict $9 million x 8 years. 

9 is probably the floor of what it's going to take.

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 09, 2018, 01:09:27 PM
Laine pots another to get within one goal of Ovechkin in the goal scoring race, Hellebuyck makes franchise history with his 35th win of the season, and the Jets get another gritty road win.

They also halted Hall's point streak.

And Ovi didn't score last night (They played a late game last night), so Laine remains within one. Both teams have played 67 games. The race is wide open.
My wife is amazing!

gbill2004

Quote from: Jesse on March 09, 2018, 04:07:47 PM
9 is probably the floor of what it's going to take.
Ya, my hope is that he maybe gives us a bit of a discount because he loves it here, and also looking at Stamkos as a comparable. But the argument could be made that Laine is already better than Stamkos.  I think Auston Mathews new contract will impact Laine's as well. 

gbill2004

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on March 09, 2018, 03:46:57 PM
Yep, he's got a totally different demeanour this season during his pressers and interviews. 

Jesse

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 09, 2018, 04:12:57 PM
Ya, my hope is that he maybe gives us a bit of a discount because he loves it here, and also looking at Stamkos as a comparable. But the argument could be made that Laine is already better than Stamkos.  I think Auston Mathews new contract will impact Laine's as well. 

We all have that hope. But we have a lot of young, dynamic players.

I just hope we make the most of it this year, because I don't know how long we're keeping what we have now together.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Quote from: gbill2004 on March 09, 2018, 04:12:57 PM

it is going to be biiiig...McDavid was 12.5million avg for 8 years - that was done last year...Laine will be close to that when it's time for renewal.

gbill2004

Quote from: Jesse on March 09, 2018, 04:20:38 PM
We all have that hope. But we have a lot of young, dynamic players.

I just hope we make the most of it this year, because I don't know how long we're keeping what we have now together.
I think one or two of Buff, Perreault or Wheeler will need to go.  A lot depends on whether Trouba re-signs as well.  Laine, Helle and Morrisey are also due for big contract raises...I think a couple will need to be bridged. 

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on March 09, 2018, 04:23:50 PM
it is going to be biiiig...McDavid was 12.5million avg for 8 years - that was done last year...Laine will be close to that when it's time for renewal.
McDavid is a centre so I think that adds value to him, and I also don't think Laine is quite in McDavid's tier.  I think the floor for Laine is $8.5 mill and the highest is $10 million.

Also, remember he is on a hot streak right now.  This pace won't continue forever.   

The Zipp

Kulikov is out for the game tomorrow vs Flyers...

Noon start...I predict a loss for some reason.

Chris1982

Quote from: The Zipp on March 09, 2018, 06:10:55 PM

I am wondering if the Flyers are gonna give the start to Mrazek.... he has been brutal in his last 4 starts allowing 18 goals.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on March 09, 2018, 06:10:55 PM

Its gotta be worth noting this will be the Flyers 3rd game in 3 and 1/2 days!
They could be beaten up and tired. Jets had a better break heading in.

I think we win comfortably 5-1 ish.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!