Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on February 26, 2018, 07:18:07 PM
Ken Wiebe

@WiebeSunSports
52s52 seconds ago
More Ken Wiebe Retweeted Darren Dreger
And there's the depth defenceman for #NHLJets - Morrow, 25, has 5 G, 11 P in 38 GP with #Habs this season. 1st round pick (23rd overall) by #Pens in 2011. Played 5 playoff games with #Bruins last spring. Left-shot insurance policy. $650,000 AAV and is an RFA on July 1

Decent depth acquisition.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

#Ride?

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 26, 2018, 07:40:53 PM
Morrow looks like extremely good value.
Just talked to a buddy who lives in Quebec and is a big Habs fan.  He says that Morrow "has some offensive upside, but is a liability on D...but all Habs D-men are a liability on D". 

Nic16

Morrow was a 1st draft pick with good offensive skill. He had a pretty good playoff with the Bruins, but outside of that he has struggled to hold down a spot on an NHL roster. Teams have worked on his defensive game, but game smarts & confidence continues to be a road block.

He?s only 25, so there is still room to develop, but time is slowly running out on him.

Jockitch

Chevy sure didn't pick up experience in Morrow. Hope nothing happens to our Dmen going forward or we will have to depend on Poolman or Morrow to step in - Sketchy !
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_or_die

Quote from: Jockitch on February 26, 2018, 08:00:14 PM
Chevy sure didn't pick up experience in Morrow. Hope nothing happens to our Dmen going forward or we will have to depend on Poolman or Morrow to step in - Sketchy !

M'eh, we've dealt very well with injuries this year. I'm just happy we picked up anyone.
#Ride?

gbill2004

Quote from: Jockitch on February 26, 2018, 08:00:14 PM
Well that's specifically what Chevy mentioned in his presser today...he likes Morrow's playoff experience from last year. 

The Zipp

Huge game tonight  vs the Preds - first of three before the season ends.  A clean 2 points would be awesome.  Hope the fans are extra loud and amped up - Nashville?s crowd does a great job for them we need to do the same. 

blue_or_die

Probably the most excited I've ever been for a game this year. This one is huge. Would allow us to tie in points with Nashville, arguably the scariest team in our division/conference/league.

It would really set the playoff stage to finish with 2 (clean?) points, or at least a hard-fought battle.

Looking forward to seeing Stastny in a Jets jersey!
#Ride?

gbill2004

I really dislike going to weekday games, because I need to be up early during the week, but I'm seriously considering going to tonight's game. 

theaardvark

When you have a $7mil guy playing C on your third line with 27 and 29, two of the leagues hottest young guns... that is depth.

Copp, Lowry, Armia as a fourth line... good size on an energy line...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GCn19

Quote from: Nic16 on February 26, 2018, 06:25:42 PM
I?m thinking Chevy had a sneaky feeling Foley may play out his college career and wait for free agency. Because let?s face it, the Jets roster was not going to be easy to crack.

Chevy finally gets his hands on Stastny after 4 yrs. He should be a perfect fit between 27-29.

I hope Chevy is able to extend him for a few more yrs. 3 yrs - 12 mil... 4.5/4/3.5??

Yea....at first blush this looks like an overpay for a rental. However, when you dive in and see just how far down Foley is on our prospect list it begins to make sense. The sheer amount of guys in the hopper that we have would make it near impossible for Foley to make our team in the next several years....if at all. We can't even find room for quality guys like Petan or Lemieux who are blue chippers. Not to mention the plethora of other guys nipping at their heels. In order for a young guy to come in we have to ship an old guy out or they have to beat a Roslovic, Connor, Armia, Tanev, etc out of a job. Fact of the matter is that we have an embarrassment of riches in prospects and protected young players. Foley will have infinitely more value to the Blues than he does for us and we need to take our runs at the Stanley Cup now before the cap makes our current group unaffordable.
Some people take this forum way too seriously.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on February 27, 2018, 03:25:54 PM
When you have a $7mil guy playing C on your third line with 27 and 29, two of the leagues hottest young guns... that is depth.

Copp, Lowry, Armia as a fourth line... good size on an energy line...

He?s overpaid at $7 million.

theaardvark

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 27, 2018, 04:01:00 PM
He?s overpaid at $7 million.

Glad we're only paying him a prorated 3.5mil...

Best part of everything is the team as it is playing was not touched.  No Moose or Jets players were involved...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Stastny will wear #25 and Morrow will wear #70.

Stastny will centre Laine and Ehlers tonight vs. the Predators.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.