Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 26, 2018, 05:08:46 PM
We are basically at the point where we have a backlog of prospects so giving up a pick here and there now is perfectly fine to do. Ask me this two years ago and I'd have thought it to be asinine, though. We are in a different place now and can afford to make these moves if the hockey brains who run this team think we do.

You gotta give up something to get a player like Stastny. Look what the Predators gave up for Hartman; it's about the same.

This is good trade for the Jets, whose window has now opened. At some point, you have to trade away some picks and/or prospects to contend.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Chris1982

gbill2004

Paul Maurice says Tyler Myers was feeling under the weather and Toby Enstrom is fine after blocking a shot during today?s practice. #NHLJets

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on February 26, 2018, 05:34:59 PM
Not really seeing a need for Stastny
Are you serious?  It bumps Lowry to the 4th line and Hendricks to the press box.

Jockitch

of course you must jest ......... hahaha, good one
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Nic16

I?m thinking Chevy had a sneaky feeling Foley may play out his college career and wait for free agency. Because let?s face it, the Jets roster was not going to be easy to crack.

Chevy finally gets his hands on Stastny after 4 yrs. He should be a perfect fit between 27-29.

I hope Chevy is able to extend him for a few more yrs. 3 yrs - 12 mil... 4.5/4/3.5??

gbill2004

Quote from: Nic16 on February 26, 2018, 06:25:42 PM
I?m thinking Chevy had a sneaky feeling Foley may play out his college career and wait for free agency. Because let?s face it, the Jets roster was not going to be easy to crack.

Chevy finally gets his hands on Stastny after 4 yrs. He should be a perfect fit between 27-29.

I hope Chevy is able to extend him for a few more yrs. 3 yrs - 12 mil... 4.5/4/3.5??
I don't see how that fits in our current cap situation.  I see it as pretty much impossible. 

blue_gold_84

It wasn't really about need. It was about bolstering the middle by adding an elite centre for a hopefully deep playoff run. And Cheveldayoff gave up very little to do so.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Paul Friesen

Verified account

@friesensunmedia
4m4 minutes ago
More
#NHLJets captain Blake Wheeler says he called Stastny last night, but wasn't taking credit for getting him to waive his no-trade clause.  "I think the  opportunity to contend was more attractive than anything I was going to  say."

Sara Orlesky

Verified account

@saraorlesky
4m4 minutes ago
More
Both Wheeler & Stastny wear #26. Wheeler joked his longtime friend could have the # but there would be a lot of pressure that goes with it. Happiest we've seen Wheeler in a while.

KINGCHARLES

he's instantly the 2nd best face-off man on the team, passes the puck well and rumour has it could be teamed with Laine and Ehlers.
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

The Zipp

Darren Dreger‏Verified account
@DarrenDreger
Following Following @DarrenDreger
More
Jets acquire Joe Morrow.

honestly don't know who that is...

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on February 26, 2018, 07:15:55 PM
Darren Dreger‏Verified account
@DarrenDreger
Following Following @DarrenDreger
More
Jets acquire Joe Morrow.

honestly don't know who that is...
A depth D man with a left handed shot. 

blue_or_die

So for the time being, it's:

Connor-Scheif-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Roslovic
Laine-Stastny-Ehlers
Copp-Lowry-Armia

right?
#Ride?

The Zipp

Ken Wiebe

@WiebeSunSports
52s52 seconds ago
More Ken Wiebe Retweeted Darren Dreger
And there's the depth defenceman for #NHLJets - Morrow, 25, has 5 G, 11 P in 38 GP with #Habs this season. 1st round pick (23rd overall) by #Pens in 2011. Played 5 playoff games with #Bruins last spring. Left-shot insurance policy. $650,000 AAV and is an RFA on July 1

The Zipp

Winnipeg Jets PR

Verified account

@WpgJetsPR
1m1 minute ago
More
The Winnipeg Jets have acquired defenceman Joe Morrow from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for a fourth-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft.

As a result of today?s trades, defenceman Tucker Poolman and forward Nic Petan have been reassigned to the Manitoba Moose.