Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Looks like we're in the market now for Stan Pat...  won't cost any assets at all, and leaves us some cap space...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on February 25, 2018, 09:25:36 PM
Looks like we're in the market now for Stan Pat...  won't cost any assets at all, and leaves us some cap space...
I'm fine with standing pat, assuming Lowry is able to return to full health prior to the playoffs. 

True Blue

Wouldn't mind seeing a left shooting dman with playoff experience.  Playoffs are an entirely different beast.
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." - Samuel Johnson

gbill2004

According to Sens fans on their message board the Jets offered a 1st, 2nd and a good prospect for Brassard. I?m glad we didn?t get him if that?s accurate.

blue_or_die

Really surprised Chevy is trying for anyone. Not only is it not his style, but getting our injured guys back is like making some great acquisitions without giving up anything!
#Ride?

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 25, 2018, 10:45:33 PM
According to Sens fans on their message board the Jets offered a 1st, 2nd and a good prospect for Brassard. I?m glad we didn?t get him if that?s accurate.

I doubt thats true.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

gbill2004

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on February 25, 2018, 11:00:54 PM

I doubt thats true.
They say Dreger reported it, but I have not heard or seen that from Dreger.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 25, 2018, 11:03:15 PM
They say Dreger reported it, but I have not heard or seen that from Dreger.

For as long as they built this team on drafts id be suprised if we gave up a 1 and a 2nd for a rental player for the 3rd line.

Maybe some prospects we might not see fitting the building of our team. But i doubt Chevy is handing out draft picks in the first rounds. Its the future of the team and its they way they have set out.

Untill they know how close they are i dont really see us making many moves that involve high round drafts.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

gbill2004

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on February 26, 2018, 12:08:39 AM
For as long as they built this team on drafts id be suprised if we gave up a 1 and a 2nd for a rental player for the 3rd line.

Maybe some prospects we might not see fitting the building of our team. But i doubt Chevy is handing out draft picks in the first rounds. Its the future of the team and its they way they have set out.

Untill they know how close they are i dont really see us making many moves that involve high round drafts.

Brassard is under contract next season so maybe Chevy was thinking he could flip Brassard himself and get back some of the assets he used to acquire him.

Jesse

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 25, 2018, 10:45:33 PM

We wouldn?t have been in on him if we offered less.
My wife is amazing!

gbill2004

Quote from: Jesse on February 26, 2018, 12:25:22 AM
We wouldn?t have been in on him if we offered less.
Rumor is Chevy offered a 1st in 2018, a 2nd in 2019 and one of Petan, Lemieux or Comrie. But Chevy needed Ottawa to retain salary and that?s how Vegas got involved.

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 26, 2018, 01:40:47 AM
Rumor is Chevy offered a 1st in 2018, a 2nd in 2019 and one of Petan, Lemieux or Comrie. But Chevy needed Ottawa to retain salary and that?s how Vegas got involved.

I would hate to see Lemieux gone.

gbill2004

Dreger says Jets are interested in Ian Cole. 

BomberPride

I will honestly be shocked if we make a move.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

gbill2004

Quote from: BomberPride on February 26, 2018, 12:36:20 PM
I will honestly be shocked if we make a move.

I'll be shocked if we don't, but I think it'll be a depth type move and not a big name.