Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 04, 2018, 01:05:50 AM
Friedman and Kypreos were just speculating, but they mentioned Nash.

I suppose as a cheap rental.

Wheeler gets a big one for the Jets. They needed that.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 04, 2018, 01:13:49 AM
I suppose as a cheap rental.

Wheeler gets a big one for the Jets. They needed that.
Yes as a rental. He?s a free agent after this season.

Or how about trading for Evander Kane as a rental?  :D

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 04, 2018, 01:16:53 AM
Yes as a rental. He?s a free agent after this season.

Or how about trading for Evander Kane as a rental?  :D

For the right price, Nash could work. Kane? Ha! Never. :D

Looks like the Jets' second goal has been changed. Roslovic gets his second career goal.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Helle's next contract is going to be interesting...guy is going to get PAID!

GOLDMEMBER

I said it before and I?ll say it again no trades
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Hoping Roslovic scores in his next game, going "back" to back... ;) .  I bet he's glad that wasn't his first NFL goal...

Right now, our C depth is pretty bad, with Scheif, Hendricks and Lowry on the shelf.  Wheeler is doing great at C, and the rst of these guys will eventually be back.

Trading now doesn't make a lot of sense.  They were talking picking up a top 6 F, probably a C.  Why?  As it is, when everyone is healthy, you have Perreault and Connor on the 4th line, those are top 6 F.

The juju in the room is working.  Our top player is out and we're on top of the division, 4 points out of the league lead.  And we have the best home record in the league, tied with LV for fewest home losses at 3, and we are in the middle of a historically long homestand!

Last thing this team needs is the distraction of a rental player.  I think Chevy's lack of trading is working.  Trading any of our "spare parts" right now sends the wrong message to our depth guys.  They want to be here, they know what this team is building to be. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Chris1982

Would love to see Tavares here, or even Backlund.... but chances of that are unlikely.

New_Earth_Mud

Cant see us making any trades.... and Nash has us on his no trade list
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_gold_84

Depending on the injury situation at the deadline, I could see the Jets making a move for a forward.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Truly enjoy watching the Jets & their success this year.  Watching our "gifted" forwards shine & HellB rising to the occasion game after game has been special.

However, I am concerned in a few areas .......
Copp & Tanev, both have been plus players but for the ice time ..... Copp has only 1 goal & Tanev just 2 in the past 35 games they each have played....... YIKES !!!
These 2 hustlers need to be on the 4th line ...... Connor & Armia, as plus players, need to play 3rd line minutes for the overall team betterment.

In the NHL games their are GiveAways & TakeAways recorded. Overall the aim would be to end with a + showing each game.
The Jets overall, so far this season, are at a miserable ..... Minus 128 ........ YIKES !!!

As for a Trade.  Enstrom makes me nervous & I would love us to land a Top 4, LH shot Dman.  Also a Rental top 9 forward would be nice.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 04, 2018, 06:18:49 PM
Depending on the injury situation at the deadline, I could see the Jets making a move for a forward.

Maybe.....  I dont really see why tho. One forward wed prolly lose some good young talent for wont push us over the edge.

I just dont see us doing that. I believe we have proven we can play with and beat anyone in this league with the guys we have.

IMO....  The Jets will go with what we have this year and see where they take us and how far. Then during the offseason look at what we have and what we need.

theaardvark

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on February 04, 2018, 06:12:45 PM
Cant see us making any trades.... and Nash has us on his no trade list

You think anyone would leave us on the no trade list now?   I'm thinking a lot of players would remove us now...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: theaardvark on February 04, 2018, 10:56:11 PM
You think anyone would leave us on the no trade list now?   I'm thinking a lot of players would remove us now...

More so the reason i wouldnt want them.

Id want the guys that earned it not for a guy that wants a ride.

Jockitch

TODAY:  Jets player shortage at practise has Scheif centering Poolman & Dano
No Tanev, Hendrickson or Lowry on ice ...... as reported by 1290 Radio.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jesse

Quote from: Jockitch on February 05, 2018, 05:46:20 PM
Jets player shortage at practise has Scheif centering Poolman & Dano
No Tanev, Hendrickson or Lowry on ice ...... as reported by 1290 Radio.

Today?
My wife is amazing!