Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on February 01, 2018, 09:36:35 PM
A player always has to attempt a comeback.  Does not always mean it is going to be successful.  When a player makes it through a skate, and is able to return for a 2nd one... shows he made it through his comeback skate without re-aggravating anything.

Regardless of your opinion, I think that is bigger news.
It's rumored to be a broken collarbone so there's nothing to re-aggravate, unless he somehow crashes into the boards again while skating around.  But cool, we can agree to disagree.

Mason returning is pretty big news to me, considering he's suffered 2 concussions already this season, only a couple month apart.   

Colton

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 01, 2018, 09:39:28 PM
It's rumored to be a broken collarbone so there's nothing to re-aggravate, unless he somehow crashes into the boards again while skating around.  But cool, we can agree to disagree.

Mason returning is pretty big news to me, considering he's suffered 2 concussions already this season, only a couple month apart.  

That's what everyone was saying about Aaron Rodgers too

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 01, 2018, 09:39:28 PM

Alright.

I guess since Mason is 3-6 with a 3.5 GAA average, I do not really see it as big news.  

New_Earth_Mud

The second and third skate is always the most important.

Im not sure about Mason....  Hes not very good. And we pay him way to much money for nothing. It sorta worked good because it got Helle and Hutch feathers up.

This whole system The Jets have put in is looking pretty good.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

TrueBlue75

This loss is a tough one. The missed chances in overtime alone made me crazy. Puck just sitting behind Fleury and no one can tap it in! And the goal that I still can?t believe was deemed a goal. The idea floating around that the puck was behind Hellebuyck and the contact in front meant it didn?t impede him is a joke! So a slash to the head doesn?t impede a goalie? Unreal. But hey, a point?s a point.

The Zipp

Nice to be at a game again, the arena sure is much quieter than a a few years ago...and the team is way better - go figure??

I thought the Jets played just so - so...didn't generate many great scoring chances in the third, and giving up a shorty just stinks.  First time seeing Laine in person and I thought he floated a bit tonight. The goal should have been disallowed but I guess this is the way they will interpret now??

Thought we had the win in OT - looked like Little thought the puck was in too.

Like was said - we got a point.

TrueBlue75

Some fiery comments from the Jets:

#NHLJets coach Paul Maurice: "I don't know how there'd be an event that would be more egregious with goaltender interference, just beyond the spirit of the rule. The idea that a guy could clean a goalie out would be goalie interference, but a two-hand to the head wouldn't." #wfp

More #NHLJets coach Paul Maurice: "What are we going to do with our goalies now. The puck's loose in the crease, so swing away? We can?t have people swinging at our goalie?s heads. You can?t allow that to creep into the game." #wfp

Connor Hellebuyck on the play: ""I think it?s a terrible call. You would think the video replay is there for that reason. That?s just dirty. I can take a stick to the face. But just because I don?t throw my head back and make it obvious, I feel like I got kind of screwed." #wfp

More from Connor Hellebuyck, who was livid: "This is my fourth goal with my helmet, having an issue with it, goal with my helmet off, goal with my buckle off, goal where a guy trampled me. Maybe I should start diving a little bit, that?s just ridiculous."

Hellebuyck: What he (ref) said is the puck wasn't covered, it was laying in the crease, so the guy was allowed to take a two-hand smack to my face. I don't understand it. I think it's a terrible call.

Blake Wheeler didn't hold back tonight when talking about the 2-1 goal.
"Well, now it?s bad. It was bad before but come on, (he) ****ing breaks a stick over his head. That?s not a goal."

I hope they are still angry on Saturday and absolutely smash the Avs.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on February 02, 2018, 03:49:02 AM
Some fiery comments from the Jets:

#NHLJets coach Paul Maurice: "I don't know how there'd be an event that would be more egregious with goaltender interference, just beyond the spirit of the rule. The idea that a guy could clean a goalie out would be goalie interference, but a two-hand to the head wouldn't." #wfp

More #NHLJets coach Paul Maurice: "What are we going to do with our goalies now. The puck's loose in the crease, so swing away? We can?t have people swinging at our goalie?s heads. You can?t allow that to creep into the game." #wfp

Connor Hellebuyck on the play: ""I think it?s a terrible call. You would think the video replay is there for that reason. That?s just dirty. I can take a stick to the face. But just because I don?t throw my head back and make it obvious, I feel like I got kind of screwed." #wfp

More from Connor Hellebuyck, who was livid: "This is my fourth goal with my helmet, having an issue with it, goal with my helmet off, goal with my buckle off, goal where a guy trampled me. Maybe I should start diving a little bit, that?s just ridiculous."

Hellebuyck: What he (ref) said is the puck wasn't covered, it was laying in the crease, so the guy was allowed to take a two-hand smack to my face. I don't understand it. I think it's a terrible call.

Blake Wheeler didn't hold back tonight when talking about the 2-1 goal.
"Well, now it?s bad. It was bad before but come on, (he) ****ing breaks a stick over his head. That?s not a goal."

I hope they are still angry on Saturday and absolutely smash the Avs.

They should be mad. That was complete crap and the fact it stood was mystifying. How is lumberjack slashing a goalie across the face not a penalty? ???

This goalie interference controversy this season is a really ugly look for the league. And it's just getting worse.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

If you watch the replay, Buff knocks the stick up.  Not sure if it breaks from Buff hitting the stick, or the stick hitting Hellebuyck, but Buff definitely influences the path of the stick, in an upward direction.

Still, you are responsible for your stick, and that should have been a call, before teh puck went in.  2 refs focused on the puck when they should have been focused on the play.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Chris1982

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on February 02, 2018, 02:38:27 AM
The second and third skate is always the most important.

Im not sure about Mason....  Hes not very good. And we pay him way to much money for nothing. It sorta worked good because it got Helle and Hutch feathers up.

This whole system The Jets have put in is looking pretty good.

Yup, the exact 2 points that I was making.  I agree 100%.   

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on February 02, 2018, 09:08:17 AM
Yup, the exact 2 points that I was making.  I agree 100%.   
For a concussion I might agree. A broken collarbone...no.

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 02, 2018, 11:12:28 AM
For a concussion I might agree. A broken collarbone...no.

As previously noted - Aaron Rodgers suffered the same "collarbone" injury - and re-aggravated it in his first game back.... so your theory, is false.

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on February 02, 2018, 11:34:21 AM
As previously noted - Aaron Rodgers suffered the same "collarbone" injury - and re-aggravated it in his first game back.... so your theory, is false.
Playing a football game is much different than skating around with no contact lol

TrueBlue75

Quote from: theaardvark on February 02, 2018, 07:03:25 AM
If you watch the replay, Buff knocks the stick up.  Not sure if it breaks from Buff hitting the stick, or the stick hitting Hellebuyck, but Buff definitely influences the path of the stick, in an upward direction.

Still, you are responsible for your stick, and that should have been a call, before teh puck went in.  2 refs focused on the puck when they should have been focused on the play.

Not sure how you?re seeing Buff influencing Neal?s stick... Watch Neal?s arms. He swings at Hellebuyck?s head as Buff?s stick moves in. After the slash, Buff?s stick yanks Neal?s upward. Play should have been whistled immediately after the slash with the Jets getting a power play and no goal.

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 02, 2018, 11:47:04 AM
Playing a football game is much different than skating around with no contact lol

You had previously stated "broken collarbone so there's nothing to re-aggravate" - now you are saying its because there is no contact. Your previous statement insinuates that a broken collarbone can not be re-aggravated.  Now you are implying that it CAN, but just would not happen because he is skating around with no contact.  You totally contradicted yourself.   :D :D