Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nic16

Grabbing 3 of 4 pts from what were 2 playoff style games in Cali was very impressing for the Jets. Especially  when you consider Chef, Lerch and the new Russian experiment were out of the lineup. And it was great to see Roslovic get off the schnide in a big way. A big goal that won't require any embellishment when the story is told yrs down the road.

Both the SJS and Ducks looked better than I have seen them all year and look to be turning on their playoff-mode. They'll need it cause there is no room for coasting into a playoff spot this year.

That said, it'll be interesting to see how much the veteran Jumbo Joe is missed, and if the Ducks can manage to stay healthy playing Carlyle playoff style hockey for the remainder of the year.

Go Jets Go! I can smell playoff hockey coming back to Wpg!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Nic16 on January 27, 2018, 03:06:01 PM
Grabbing 3 of 4 pts from what were 2 playoff style games in Cali was very impressing for the Jets. Especially  when you consider Chef, Lerch and the new Russian experiment were out of the lineup. And it was great to see Roslovic get off the schnide in a big way. A big goal that won't require any embellishment when the story is told yrs down the road.

Both the SJS and Ducks looked better than I have seen them all year and look to be turning on their playoff-mode. They'll need it cause there is no room for coasting into a playoff spot this year.

That said, it'll be interesting to see how much the veteran Jumbo Joe is missed, and if the Ducks can manage to stay healthy playing Carlyle playoff style hockey for the remainder of the year.

Go Jets Go! I can smell playoff hockey coming back to Wpg!

well said all around! It is a great smell! Sniffff!

Jets should be hot with fefe and Alow back. Kuli back after all star break
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Jets are h adding to Finland next season...kinda neat I guess

News from Board of Governors meeting today: confirmed teams for Europe next season, Edmonton-NJ play regular season game in Sweden at start of season; Wpg-Florida reg season game in November in Finland

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on January 27, 2018, 05:01:56 PM
Jets are h adding to Finland next season...kinda neat I guess

News from Board of Governors meeting today: confirmed teams for Europe next season, Edmonton-NJ play regular season game in Sweden at start of season; Wpg-Florida reg season game in November in Finland
wpg at Flor?

Road game for Jets

Just wondering if it takes away a Jets home game.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 28, 2018, 12:47:02 AM
wpg at Flor?

Road game for Jets

Just wondering if it takes away a Jets home game.

I think there might be two games one will be a fla home and one a wpg home?? At any rate chipman has said the jets will be compensated for the game missed.   

blue_gold_84

How I understand it is each team gives up a home game. So, that means 40 home games for both teams next season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Jacob Trouba out 6-8 weeks with an ankle injury.

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 29, 2018, 09:50:52 AM

Looks like Poolman should be back.... Morrisey will probably be paired with Byfuglien now.

TrueBlue75

This sucks! The intensity during games is continuing to go up and the Western playoff race has no room for any kind of losing skid. Trouba is a huge piece of our defense. At least we have a 10-game home stand starting tomorrow. We've got to keep the winning going at home!

The Zipp

More ice time for Buffy to float around...there isn't a player on this team that I flip flop on more than Buffy...sometimes he is awesome and other times I just want him on the bench getting limited reps...I hope once we are in the playoffs he cranks up the intensity.

blue_gold_84

Absolutely devastating news to wake up to today. That's pretty much the remainder of the season. :-[

Here's hoping Byfuglien steps it up in his absence. Should be a good opportunity for Poolman, too.

On a brighter note, this is a nice little write-up on Hellebuyck and his stellar 2017-18 campaign: http://winnipegsun.com/sports/hockey/few-if-any-predicted-hellebuycks-ascent-to-becoming-an-all-star/wcm/6f07228a-0831-4580-a37f-7bd0c486b95b

"I'm sure there's lots of people who wrote me off after last year," said Hellebuyck. "So it is pretty nice to be here and to successfully show that I actually have more. That being said, my team's playing very good in front of me and they win a lot of games. With team success comes individual success."

Nailed it, Connor. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

I didn't see when the injury occurred... was it in game, or off ice?

EDIT

Apparently happened during the OT...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on January 29, 2018, 01:40:05 PM
I didn't see when the injury occurred... was it in game, or off ice?
Apparently it was during the game and he kept playing.  Speculation is that its a high ankle sprain. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 29, 2018, 02:21:30 PM
Apparently it was during the game and he kept playing.  Speculation is that its a high ankle sprain. 

Seems like the most likely injury based on how long it took to come to light and the recovery time.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

As long as there are no more injuries on the D I think we will be okay.  I see the D looking like this:

Morrisey-Buff
Myers-Kulikov
Enstrom-Poolman

Press box: Chiarot