Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on January 13, 2018, 12:23:42 AM
Good for him, though I hate gutting he Moose right now .

Good opportunity for Phillips, though.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Well, this game got pretty ugly in a hurry.

Jets just aren't looking sharp tonight.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Hard to knock the effort vs the Hawks.
Hawks almost looked like they were the road team. Without Panarin & Hossa the BH's are playing in a somewhat less skilled manner.
Glass was & had to be, extremely good to awesome ....... cuz the momentum the Jets got going & the chances created sure had me jumping in anticipation of more goals.

Tonight should be again very tough to gain an inch & great chances may be rare .......... GO JETS GO   
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

Not a good opening frame. Slow, lazy, undisciplined... :-\
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 13, 2018, 11:58:02 PM
Not a good opening frame. Slow, lazy, undisciplined... :-\

Ya not really playing to well
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

New_Earth_Mud

Kids looking at days off.

I think its ok.  Young guys that have played hard.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

GOLDMEMBER

Even a guy like Matthieu Perrault looked like lost his mojo
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

gbill2004

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 14, 2018, 02:29:34 PM
Even a guy like Matthieu Perrault looked like lost his mojo
I think they were thinking more about their plans for the bye week, and less about the game at hand. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 14, 2018, 04:45:19 PM
I think they were thinking more about their plans for the bye week, and less about the game at hand. 

Reminded me a lot of the game vs. the Islanders going into the Christmas break. No focus on the game at hand and they paid dearly for it.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 14, 2018, 06:00:31 PM
Reminded me a lot of the game vs. the Islanders going into the Christmas break. No focus on the game at hand and they paid dearly for it.
mmm great point I agree 100%

They all seemed off base.

drahgon

For sure their minds were elsewhere already. I know I have a hard time concentrating at work in the days leading up to a vacation too.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: drahgon on January 15, 2018, 07:15:53 PM
For sure their minds were elsewhere already. I know I have a hard time concentrating at work in the days leading up to a vacation too.
me 3

theaardvark

randy turner @randyturner15

I'm gonna be honest. Prior to 2011, I never thought Winnipeg would have two professional hockey teams better than the Coyotes.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

The Zipp

Wow. Tough scheduled in regards to opponents coming up in regards to the next 10 games - thankfully lots at home...hopefully the bye week that flies off fast and they are focussed on this next stretch of games.  Nothing is easy.

The Zipp

Wonder what's going on...emergency recall again??  That seems odd unless someone is hurt...

Winnipeg, MB - The Winnipeg Jets announced today that they have recalled goaltender Michael Hutchinson and forward Jack Roslovic from the Manitoba Moose.

Hutchinson, 27, has a 14-2-4 record with the Moose this season and he leads the AHL with a .942 save percentage, while his 1.94 goals-against average ranks third in the league. Hutchinson is tied for third among AHL goalies with 14 wins. Hutchinson was named AHL Goaltender of the Month for both November and December as he helped the Moose to a 16-game point streak (15-0-1) from Nov. 15-Dec. 22/17. Hutchinson and Roslovic were both named to the roster for the AHL All-Star Classic.

Hutchinson was drafted by the Boston Bruins in the third round (77th overall) in the 2008 NHL Draft and was signed as a free agent by the Jets on July 19/13. The Barrie, Ontario native has not played for the Jets this year, but he has played 99 games for Winnipeg during the last four seasons and he has a 41-38-11 record with three shutouts, a 2.63 GAA, and a .910 SV%.

Roslovic, 20, played in four games for the Jets earlier this season, including his first home game for Winnipeg on Jan. 5 versus Buffalo. The product of Columbus, Ohio also has 35 points (15G, 20A) in 32 games with the Moose this season and is tied for seventh in the AHL for points. Roslovic was selected as the AHL's Player of the Month for November after he recorded 19 points (8G, 11A) in 14 games.

Roslovic was drafted by the Jets in the first round (25th overall) in the 2015 NHL Draft.