Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMT21

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 11, 2018, 07:53:14 PM
Maurice announced that Helle is starting tomorrow versus Chicago. 

Good Call..... if we beat the Hawks I say let Mason play Minne.... if we lose to the Hawks... let Helly go back to back.

In a perfect world we'd let call up Hutch and let him go up against the Chicago... career 4-1-1 vs Hawks with .961SV and 2 shutouts... (yes I know.. waivers etc)

gbill2004

Quote from: JMT21 on January 11, 2018, 08:00:23 PM
Good Call..... if we beat the Hawks I say let Mason play Minne.... if we lose to the Hawks... let Helly go back to back.

In a perfect world we'd let call up Hutch and let him go up against the Chicago... career 4-1-1 vs Hawks with .961SV and 2 shutouts... (yes I know.. waivers etc)
In a perfect world Hutch stays with the Moose and is never called up to the Jets.  Hutch isn't an NHL calibre goaltender. 

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 11, 2018, 08:02:37 PM
In a perfect world Hutch stays with the Moose and is never called up to the Jets.  Hutch isn't an NHL calibre goaltender. 
touche
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sir Blue and Gold

He wasn't last year but the AHL is no joke and sometimes it takes goalies awhile. He could certainly be a late bloomer.

blue_or_die

I'm of the mind that everyone sucked last year- both our goalies, and team D. It's gotten so much better this year. I feel like we gave up on Hutch and that he is capable of being a good NHL backup.
#Ride?

JMT21

NHL calibre against the Hawks
AHL vs everyone else  ;)

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on January 11, 2018, 08:51:55 PM
He wasn't last year but the AHL is no joke and sometimes it takes goalies awhile. He could certainly be a late bloomer.

Perhaps. He sure seems to have found his game at the AHL level, though. Maybe Cheveldayoff can get something for him at the trade deadline. I can't see him being here beyond this season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

TrueBlue75

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 12, 2018, 01:32:08 PM
Perhaps. He sure seems to have found his game at the AHL level, though. Maybe Cheveldayoff can get something for him at the trade deadline. I can't see him being here beyond this season.

I too wonder if he will be moved before the trade deadline. One reason that he MAY re-sign here and stay with the Moose is that his future wife is rooted here with her business and family. But he may want to get another crack at an NHL roster which likely won't happen here.

It's going to be tough not having any Jets games to watch for a week after Saturday's game....They may drop out of the overall top 10 during that time as other teams play out their games in hand. We should stay in the top 3 of the central division though. Win tonight and tomorrow, and the chance of being pushed down the standings lessens. Go Jets go!

blue_or_die

I want blood after what happened last time we played Chicago.
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 12, 2018, 06:46:47 PM
I want blood after what happened last time we played Chicago.
💉me to👹

Kick some Chitown bum

I?d love too se Quenvilles head explode in a fury rage!!!

The Zipp

Hutch is coming up to the big leagues again!!

Winnipeg, MB - The Winnipeg Jets announced today that they have recalled goaltender Michael Hutchinson from the Manitoba Moose. The Jets also announced that they have placed forward Adam Lowry on injured reserve retroactive to Jan. 5.

Hutchinson, 27, has a 14-2-4 record with the Moose this season and he leads the AHL with a .942 save percentage, while his 1.94 goals-against average ranks third in the league. Hutchinson is tied for third among AHL goalies with 14 wins. Hutchinson was named AHL Goaltender of the Month for both November and December as he helped the Moose to a 16-game point streak (15-0-1) from Nov. 15-Dec. 22/17.

Hutchinson was drafted by the Boston Bruins in the third round (77th overall) in the 2008 NHL Draft and was signed as a free agent by the Jets on July 19/13. The Barrie, Ontario native has played 99 games for Winnipeg during the last four seasons and he has a 41-38-11 record with three shutouts, a 2.63 GAA, and a .910 SV%.

Michael Hutchinson
Goalie
Born Mar 2 1990 -- Barrie, ONT
Height 6.03 -- Weight 202 -- Shoots R

theaardvark

Quote from: The Zipp on January 12, 2018, 10:29:16 PM

Winnipeg, MB - The Winnipeg Jets announced today that they have recalled goaltender Michael Hutchinson from the Manitoba Moose. The Jets also announced that they have placed forward Adam Lowry on injured reserve retroactive to Jan. 5.

Hutchinson, 27, has a 14-2-4 record with the Moose this season and he leads the AHL with a .942 save percentage, while his 1.94 goals-against average ranks third in the league. Hutchinson is tied for third among AHL goalies with 14 wins. Hutchinson was named AHL Goaltender of the Month for both November and December as he helped the Moose to a 16-game point streak (15-0-1) from Nov. 15-Dec. 22/17.

Hutchinson was drafted by the Boston Bruins in the third round (77th overall) in the 2008 NHL Draft and was signed as a free agent by the Jets on July 19/13. The Barrie, Ontario native has played 99 games for Winnipeg during the last four seasons and he has a 41-38-11 record with three shutouts, a 2.63 GAA, and a .910 SV%.

Michael Hutchinson
Goalie

OK, why?  Is Mason injured?  Bringing up Hutch makes no sense, as he will have to clear waivers to return.  Unless the team has been trying to trade his $1m+ salary away with no takers, and now wants to see if someone will claim him... or are they going to try the Hutch/Helly combo again, and unload Mason?

Or...

Brian Munz @BrianMunzTSN

For those wondering, Mason is not feeling well so Hutchinson will back up Hellebuyck tonight for #NHLJets vs #NHLBlackhawks.

So, as an emergency callup, he's not subject to waivers heading back, right?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on January 12, 2018, 10:39:18 PM
OK, why?  Is Mason injured?  Bringing up Hutch makes no sense, as he will have to clear waivers to return.  Unless the team has been trying to trade his $1m+ salary away with no takers, and now wants to see if someone will claim him... or are they going to try the Hutch/Helly combo again, and unload Mason?

Or...

Brian Munz @BrianMunzTSN

For those wondering, Mason is not feeling well so Hutchinson will back up Hellebuyck tonight for #NHLJets vs #NHLBlackhawks.

So, as an emergency callup, he's not subject to waivers heading back, right?
Correct. Hutch is not subject to waivers because it?s an emergency call up.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 12, 2018, 10:49:34 PM
Correct. Hutch is not subject to waivers because it?s an emergency call up.
Correct

Energy graces.

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on January 12, 2018, 10:29:16 PM

Michael Hutchinson
Goalie

Good for him, though I hate gutting he Moose right now .
My wife is amazing!