Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 10, 2018, 01:33:12 PM
Helle has an amazing record versus Minnesota so I think he gets that game on Saturday.  That would mean Mason plays Friday.  So I agree with you. 

True, but on the other hand, Mason is 8-12-3 career against Chicago and 8-6-1 against the Wild.

gbill2004

Quote from: Jesse on January 10, 2018, 01:55:17 PM
Is it an afternoon game on Sat?

I wouldn't put it past Maurice to start Helle two in a row. So I usually expect him to start the first game.
Game on Saturday starts at 6:00pm. 

The Zipp

Quote from: Jesse on January 10, 2018, 01:55:17 PM
Is it an afternoon game on Sat?

I wouldn't put it past Maurice to start Helle two in a row. So I usually expect him to start the first game.

they have a week rest after these next two - I wouldn't be surprised to see Helly start both...either way we can win both.

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on January 10, 2018, 02:34:34 PM
they have a week rest after these next two - I wouldn't be surprised to see Helly start both...either way we can win both.

Yeah. I think Mason got in this past game just in case Helle looks rough on Friday. But if he starts on Fruday, and looks good, I can easily see PoMo going back-to-back with him.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on January 10, 2018, 03:53:23 PM
Yeah. I think Mason got in this past game just in case Helle looks rough on Friday. But if he starts on Fruday, and looks good, I can easily see PoMo going back-to-back with him.
Me to PoMo back to back with Helle likely. The reason Mason went yesterday. I'd start Mason Friday though if it were me. Helle needs his rest though bigger rest breaks are up coming for the jets.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Sir Blue and Gold

For what it's worth, I think I'd play Helle in Chicago and go back to Mason in Minny.

The Zipp

Congrats to wheeler and hellybuck for making the all-star team!!!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on January 10, 2018, 10:28:49 PM

Could've been three had Scheifele not been injured. But this is still great news! Both have carried the Jets this season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on January 10, 2018, 10:28:49 PM
X2

Both we deserved

Go Jets Go Vs Hawks and Wild

4 points would put the firmly in first place in the central heading into there break.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 10, 2018, 11:00:21 PM
Could've been three had Scheifele not been injured. But this is still great news! Both have carried the Jets this season.

If 55 is healthy, I don't think 26 gets the nod.  Not that they don't both deserve it, but its rare getting 3 p;layers on the allstar team...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on January 11, 2018, 02:14:52 PM
If 55 is healthy, I don't think 26 gets the nod.  Not that they don't both deserve it, but its rare getting 3 p;layers on the allstar team...

The Blackhawks had that just last season (amid considerable controversy) and they were fighting for top spot in the Central, just as the Jets are now.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 11, 2018, 02:25:53 PM
The Blackhawks had that just last season (amid considerable controversy) and they were fighting for top spot in the Central, just as the Jets are now.

I think the "controversy" part is key. The Blackhawks get a lot of love, and even on the radio they were saying if Crawford was healthy he'd be in instead of Helle. I feel like if the tables were turned and the Blackhawks were in first and the Jets were a bubble wildcard team, we would be getting our token single nomination and that would be it. I guess that's probably a consequence of the business side of it.
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 11, 2018, 02:29:43 PM
I think the "controversy" part is key. The Blackhawks get a lot of love, and even on the radio they were saying if Crawford was healthy he'd be in instead of Helle. I feel like if the tables were turned and the Blackhawks were in first and the Jets were a bubble wildcard team, we would be getting our token single nomination and that would be it. I guess that's probably a consequence of the business side of it.

I mean, there's controversy every year as far as ASG selections go. Every fanbase always ends up in arms over a perceived snub or a selection of a player not on their team. Unfortunately, the new format means every team has at least one player selected (which is silly, IMO), so it's inevitable there will be snubs for what seem like obvious choices.

The Blackhawks do get a lot of love, which is strange this season considering how mortal they look. Then again, it's just the ASG and has no bearing on anything. Might as well just have fun with it and enjoy for it what it is.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on January 11, 2018, 02:14:52 PM

Probably but I don't think it would have been right. For some reason, Wheeler doesn't get a lot of respect but he's been head and shoulders our best and most consistent player all year.

gbill2004

Maurice announced that Helle is starting tomorrow versus Chicago.